cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The two SB teams from last year didn't even make the playoffs. This idea that because we had some success this year means we'll have it next year is questionable. The NFL is set up that way. I don't think we'll go 13 and 3 again next year just because it took some incredible acts of fortune just to get there; good health, decent D during the season and Dak and Zek playing well. Plus Garrett has always laid a stinker after tasting some success.

Agreed. This is why the FO has to earn its money and go out and improve the defense. This mentality that we should only build through the draft is ridiculous to me. Target free agents that can make us better. Move on and upgrade from guys that are "likeable" or "team guys". Get better, or sit back and watch the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, etc.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Zero accountability whatsoever for him no matter what happens.

.558 career regular season winning percentage, and 1-2 in the playoffs, putting up double digit win totals only twice.
Of the top 10 longest tenured NFL coaches, only he and Lewis don't have conference championship appearances and no one in that top 10 has less playoff berths.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The photo shows the biggest reason to worry.

For all of Jerry's flaws, he has assmbled a roster and given Garrett all the tools he needs to succeed. This cannot be denied. Many other coaches have accomplshed far more, with less.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
.558 career regular season winning percentage, and 1-2 in the playoffs, putting up double digit win totals only twice.
Of the top 10 longest tenured NFL coaches, only he, Lewis and Pagano don't have conference championship appearances and no one in that top 10 has less playoff berths.
Pagano does have a conference championship appearance doesn't he? Deflategate?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I wish people would quit putting crap like this out there.

Our "last place" schedule netted us games against the Niners and Bucs this year. The Bucs were bad (like us) in 2015, but much improved this past year.

Only 2 games of the 16 game schedule have anything to do with where you finish in the standings. Next year those games are Atlanta and Green Bay. I'd say the chances are Atlanta should be pretty good again next yr, GB you don't know about. Might depend on when we play them during the season.

Exactly. Only 2 games are same place finishers. The rest is rotation. I sure wish we had a division as easy as Tom Brady does, though.

Top Bottom