Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also, I'm not sure why someone would hate Wentz.
No one hates him, those who aren't on the bandwagon question his odds of making the adjustment to the pro game, with only 23 starts at the Div 1-AA level.

And that's a legitimate concern.

Cowboysrock55

Spectator
Reaction score
No one hates him, those who aren't on the bandwagon question his odds of making the adjustment to the pro game, with only 23 starts at the Div 1-AA level.

And that's a legitimate concern.

It's a legitimate concern. But to me that is more of a concern that it could take him a little longer to adjust to the NFL and less a concern that he won't succeed in the NFL. Considering we can actually sit a rookie for a year or two I find those concerns to be pretty minimal.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Pure supposition. We don't know that we have that luxury.

If they bring in a veteran backup QB in addition to drafting a QB the rookie will have the luxury of sitting and learning. But as you said, we don't know that we have that luxury, yet

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If they bring in a veteran backup QB
Tried two of those last year. Results? Massive Fail. The rookie would have been trotted out there and there would be no looking back.

There's no more reason to believe we'd sit one if Romo got taken out, than there is to believe we'll draft one. I still very much doubt we do. At least not in the early rounds.

I think these clucks believe they are good to go with Tony and Moore, with maybe a RG3 or Johnny Football signed as insurance.

Cowboysrock55

Spectator
Reaction score
Pure supposition. We don't know that we have that luxury.

Sure, it's likely that he will play at some point for at least a few games. But we aren't needing him to start game one snap one. We have a QB on the roster who can win now. You never know what injuries will happen. Of course if they do and Wentz is forced to play I see no way he is worse then Cassel was. At least Wentz is capable of running for some first downs and his arm alone will accomplish more then Cassel did. And again, as soon as Romo is healthy Wentz can sit back on the bench and learn.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Tried two of those last year. Results? Massive Fail. The rookie would have been trotted out there and there would be no looking back.

There's no more reason to believe we'd sit one if Romo got taken out, than there is to believe we'll draft one. I still very much doubt we do. At least not in the early rounds.

I think these clucks believe they are good to go with Tony and Moore, with maybe a RG3 or Johnny Football signed as insurance.

At this point I guess all we can do is pray that isn't what they believe.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At this point I guess all we can do is pray that isn't what they believe.

Or just flip a coin.

They have shown no reason at all to put any faith in them.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That would be the worst possible outcome

But sadly I fear you may be right

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not the biggest Wentz fan (#4 is too high to take him, and I think the qb talk is a smokescreen), but it is a good draft

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not the biggest Wentz fan (#4 is too high to take him, and I think the qb talk is a smokescreen), but it is a good draft

#4 might not be high enough to take him when all is said and done

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
#4 might not be high enough to take him when all is said and done

Most mocks I've seen have him going to Cleveland. If that does happen, I take Goff without thinking twice.

Top Bottom