daboyz

👀
Reaction score

A Texas kid at it's finest. His length, quick feet & elite athleticism make him an ideal pass protector in the NFL. Scouts knock him a bit for his run-blocking considering his height & relative lack of bulk, but his ability to pass-block at either tackle spot makes up for any deficiencies in the run game.

I can’t believe the Bills traded w/the Chiefs & Mahomes gets the fastest player in the draft. Sounds like a storyline we will hear about for years to come between these two teams.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
never thought terrion arnold would be there for DAL , and they traded out

but their scouts liked guyton for a long time , not sure why they didnt bring him in for a 30 visit , maybe as to not tell other teams they liked him as much as they did ?

getting another 3rd rounder is cool , still should be plenty of players there. i'd still like them to trade into the 4th

jerry running his mouth about how much he loves the RB , best interview ever , im already preparing myself for taking a RB in the 2nd round , then DAL signing zeke for "guidance" and "leadership". cant wait baby !!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There were 4 players they liked at 24 and thats why they decided to move down. They reportedly had 4 trade offers for the pick but Detroit came in late and offered the best deal.

The 4 players were Barton, Guyton, Darius Robinson and Jordan Morgan.

I saw where Solari told McClay and the Jones he had full confidence in C Brock Hoffman before they pulled the trigger on the trade down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
jerry running his mouth about how much he loves the RB , best interview ever , im already preparing myself for taking a RB in the 2nd round , then DAL signing zeke for "guidance" and "leadership". cant wait baby !!!
Yeah he really went overboard with it. Jane Slater said they were already talking to teams about a potential trade up tonight.

I like Brooks a lot (and definitely believe he is the best of this year's RB's) but I'd be a little disappointed if they gave up the extra 3rd (73) as part of a deal to move up from 56 for him. Per the trade value chart, to go from 56 to 39 (I used Carolina because they need picks) is 170 pts, which equates to our 2nd rd pick plus 3rd rd pick at 87, plus our 6th and maybe a late rd pick next yr. 73 is worth 225 pts, so if we traded our 2 and that pick to Carolina they'd have to return us some other pick/s to make up. 55 pts net is worth a middle 4th rd pick.

The belief is either Green Bay or NYG are the teams most interested in Brooks (and other RB's). GB has two 2nd rd picks and their first one is at 41, NYG picks 47. If GB were to take Brooks or Benson at 41, NYG would possibly take the other at 47. There's numerous teams ahead of us though that COULD take a RB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From the draft value chart:

Our original 1st was at 24, worth 740. Detroit's pick at 29 was worth 640. Detroit's 3rd at 73 was worth 225 and the 7th we gave next yr was worth 1 pt. So we netted 124pts in this deal, which equates to an EXTRA late 3rd rd pick. Huge win. Detroit must have really loved Terrion Arnold.

Our 2nd rd pick at 56 is worth 340

3rd rd pick 73 worth 225

3rd rd pick 87 worth 155

Note, the 124 net pts from Detroit trade is valued at pick 94 overall

5th rd pick 174 is worth 21.8

6th rd pick 216 is worth 5

7th rd picks 233 & 244 are worth 1pt each

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chad Reuter 1st rd grades, NFL.com

Analysis: The Cowboys added a third-round pick from Detroit to move down five draft slots. Guyton’s large frame (6-7 3/4, 322) and length (34 1/8-inch arm) make him an excellent fit with Dallas. While he protected left-handed quarterback Dillon Gabriel’s blind side at right tackle for most of the past two seasons at Oklahoma, he played some left tackle and possesses the agility to take over for departed longtime starter Tyron Smith. It's hard to imagine a better scenario for Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Would be awesome to land Cooper. I like Brooks too though and would be happy if we get him. But there are obvious risks and we may not be able to get either guy without sacrificing a pick or two.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is the top-25 consensus board of best available remaining. Our pick tonight is 24th in the 2nd (assuming we don't move around)

RB Brooks is 25th.

Top Bottom