Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The case for Houston OC Bobby Slowick as new HC in Dallas.

1) Bright young offensive mind from both Shanahan's coaching tree in San Fran (also worked for father Mike in Washington)

2) Offensive assistant for Kyle Shanahan 2019-2022, including passing game coordinator in 2022

3) OC and playcaller for Houston and brilliantly coached/developed CJ Stroud into one of leagues best QB's as a rookie

4) Father Bob Slowick was on Jimmy Johnson's staff in Dallas, 1992. Followed Dave Wannstedt to Chicago as DC the following season. So the Jones' "know" Slowick and his family.

5) Was on the San Fran staff that scouted and drafted Trey Lance
I think I could make a similar argument for Kellen Moore. Remember that Kellen's dad is Tom Moore, who has 4 Super Bowl rings, so that's a good pedigree.

If I were going to go the young bright-mind route, then I'd just bring back Kellen. He did a very good job as the chargers OC. The chargers sucked because of Staley's incompetence. Kellen was rated toward the top among OCs.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think I could make a similar argument for Kellen Moore. Remember that Kellen's dad is Tom Moore, who has 4 Super Bowl rings, so that's a good pedigree.

If I were going to go the young bright-mind route, then I'd just bring back Kellen. He did a very good job as the chargers OC. The chargers sucked because of Staley's incompetence. Kellen was rated toward the top among OCs.
Trash Talk Reaction GIF by Hobbs & Shaw Smack Talk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
6) Would cut Sam Williams on Day 1.

The kid makes plays on special teams

But for every positive play he makes he will get two drive killing penalties. Usually they are of the personal foul 15 yarder variety.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The case for The Hoodie as next HC:

1) Tremendous record for success in the regular & postseason. Close to becoming all-time winningest coach

2) Proven elite NFL defensive strategist with innate ability to take away other teams proven weapons

3) 100% no nonsense approach, perfectionist. Would bring a whole new approach to football to every aspect of football in Dallas

4) Brings a more hard nosed, physical mentality to the game for us, something we have not had since Parcells was here

5) Teams are traditionally very well disciplined, rarely beat themselves with mistakes
Just... Don't give him the keys to the pantry. Will McClay should still be in charge of the draft and personnel.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have heard possibly a 5th and 6th. Probably nothing to get excited about. I am sure we wont find a "gem" like Duece again.
Does anyone have a read on how many comp picks we might get? Otherwise, we are going to have a rough draft.

I just did a mock and traded back twice and out of round one to pick up more picks. I took QB McCarthy with the round 2 pick.

Then went with 2 DTs in a row, both currently rated in the 50s because who knows about friggin Mazi. If your strength is supposed to be your strength then it's hard to say "just give him a year in the weight room" which is at least a year one excuse for some rookies.

I think Schoonmaker will develop. He had a few moments. Fergie was obviously the man in the TE room, but I have a good feeling about Schoonmaker.

Overshawn, I hope so. People are putting a lot of stock in pre-season. I'm not saying he will suck or he will be great. I've just seen a lot of pre-season wonders who didn't amount to much. But I'm hoping.

Plus, as we've seen with Gallup, it can take a while, if maybe ever, for the player to truly find his form again. Same concern with Diggs.

Diggs might not return to his ball-hawking form until maybe mid-season at best.

I think Quinn leaves this time because he sees the writing on the wall.

I do think Jerry wants to win. He has more than enough money. But, I think he no longer has the balls to be bold. They've shriveled up. He'll resign Dak and ride with him UNLESS a guy with cred like Belichick says, "Here's my plan".

I really do not want McCarthy back. Unlike some, I'm not impressed by 12 wins each year. As I wrote in another post, at the end of the day, it is not much different from being 8 and 8 with the very last game of the season determining if you win the division and go to the playoffs.

But, at least to me, it's worse because we had the better team! We should not have lost yesterday, at least not the way we did.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have heard possibly a 5th and 6th. Probably nothing to get excited about. I am sure we find a "gem" like Duece again.
Does anyone have a read on how many comp picks we might get? Otherwise, we are going to have a rough draft.

I just did a mock and traded back twice and out of round one to pick up more picks. I took QB McCarthy with the round 2 pick.

Then went with 2 DTs in a row, both currently rated in the 50s because who knows about friggin Mazi. If your strength is supposed to be your strength then it's hard to say "just give him a year in the weight room" which is at least a year one excuse for some rookies.

I think Schoonmaker will develop. He had a few moments. Fergie was obviously the man in the TE room, but I have a good feeling about Schoonmaker.

Overshawn, I hope so. People are putting a lot of stock in pre-season. I'm not saying he will suck or he will be great. I've just seen a lot of pre-season wonders who didn't amount to much. But I'm hoping.

Plus, as we've seen with Gallup, it can take a while, if maybe ever, for the player to truly find his form again. Same concern with Diggs.

Diggs might not return to his ball-hawking form until maybe mid-season at best.

I think Quinn leaves this time because he sees the writing on the wall.

I do think Jerry wants to win. He has more than enough money. But, I think he no longer has the balls to be bold. They've shriveled up. He'll resign Dak and ride with him UNLESS a guy with cred like Belichick says, "Here's my plan".

I really do not want McCarthy back. Unlike some, I'm not impressed by 12 wins each year. As I wrote in another post, at the end of the day, it is not much different from being 8 and 8 with the very last game of the season determining if you win the division and go to the playoffs.

But, at least to me, it's worse because we had the better team! We should not have lost yesterday, at least not the way we did.

Supposedly he is in line for the worst job in the league. Working for Tepper as HC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Thats a different Tom Moore. Kellen's father was a HS coach.

There's no way I'd take Kellen Moore over Slowick (or almost anyone to be honest)

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand you people. I really don't. Sometimes, things that happen are not on the coach. As Belichick told Edelman after the SB, it's about players making plays.
Tom Moore is very well respected. In fact, he's working for the Bucs tonight as I'm watching them beat the Eagles (at least so far).

Kellen was raised steeped in football the same way Kyle Shanahan was etc.

Why bring in a guy like Slowick when Kellen is available and Dak (who Jerry will likely keep) is comfortable with Kellen?

That said, I want Belichick. Even Gruden if he is eligible. I value experience.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't understand you people. I really don't. Sometimes, things that happen are not on the coach. As Belichick told Edelman after the SB, it's about players making plays.
Tom Moore is very well respected. In fact, he's working for the Bucs tonight as I'm watching them beat the Eagles (at least so far).

Kellen was raised steeped in football the same way Kyle Shanahan was etc.

Why bring in a guy like Slowick when Kellen is available and Dak (who Jerry will likely keep) is comfortable with Kellen?

That said, I want Belichick. Even Gruden if he is eligible. I value experience.
DIFFERENT

TOM

MOORE

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kellen Christopher Moore was born on July 5, 1988, in Prosser, Washington. His father Tom was the head coach at Prosser High School from 1986 to 2008,[1] winning 21 league titles and four state championships. Every day during football season, he and younger brother Kirby, who also played at Boise State as a wide receiver, went from the elementary school to their father’s football practice. As Kellen’s father remembered in a 2011 interview, "He'd always have a little notepad with him. He was always drawing plays." In his final two years of high school, Moore’s father let him call his own plays.[2]

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thats a different Tom Moore. Kellen's father was a HS coach.

There's no way I'd take Kellen Moore over Slowick (or almost anyone to be honest)
Well then Google is messed up because if you search Kellen Moore and then click Tom Moore (under Parents: Kris Moore, Tom Moore) it takes you to the 4 time SB winner Tom Moore.

But, you are correct. That is probably a bad link. My bad.

I still don't like the idea of Slowick though.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When he said that, everybody took it and ran with it out of context. He was making a joke.

I heard him say the same thing in an interview

He didn’t seem to be joking at all

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are the Cowboys the only home team to lose? The team that was said to be unbeatable at home?

Top Bottom