dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I head someone say that out of his 25 times being targeted, he dropped 9 of them!

He will fit right in here
He had 25 receptions so obviously that isnt true amigo.

Again not sure what happened last yr, but priot to last season he only had a few drops in his career there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Dak had zero intention of possibly playing for another team he'd have signed by now, he wouldn't have left the possibility open.

Dak, here is a 300 million dollar contract for 10 years. 30 million per year. Get me a SB ring by year 5 and the remaining 5 years go up to 50 million per year. I'll give you 150 million for signing your name. Get me two rings by year 7 and it goes up to 80 million per year.

What is wrong with that? If a guy is truly interested in winning and not lining his pocketbook, nothing.

And no no-trade clause! You can walk if you want that.
I'm on the record as saying he is not worth a 50-60 mils or yr (or more) type deal.

But to be somewhat fair, if your boss came to you and said "yeah we know the market value for proven talent like you is 300k per yr, but we only want to pay your 150k because we dont have the budget for remaining staff" would you do it?

I'd say the answer is almost assuredly hell no.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems fair. I thought we had a better draft than what some of the teams above us got, but ultimately C or C+ is what I would have probably given them too. I'd probably have given them a B had they taken that trade down offer in 3 and got the extra 4, and then drafted a RB.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now that Zeke is officially back I guess we can finally be “all in”

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All in baby
5a03b0220f7b5353d07df7305f3278b2.jpg

daboyz

📣 Cheerleader 🙆‍♂️
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240430_074430_Chrome.jpg
I head someone say that out of his 25 times being targeted, he dropped 9 of them!

He will fit right in here
The entire 2023 season he had 4 receptions for 38 yards. Find it hard to believe he was targeted that many times & only caught 4. He wouldn't be on Jerry's payroll anymore lol.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The entire 2023 season he had 4 receptions for 38 yards. Find it hard to believe he was targeted that many times & only caught 4. He wouldn't be on Jerry's payroll anymore lol.
Brevyn Spann-Ford had 25 receptions for 239 yds and a couple of tds in 2023. 2022 he had 42/497 and in 2021 he had 23 for 296.

For whatever reason last yr he was credited with 9 drops (per Dane Brugler) but prio to that he had never dropped very many at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he makes the team, hopefully he can be a boost for us in short yardage and GL running. We know he can catch and he's really good in blitz/pass protection, but if he's relied on to be anything other than a rotation guy all it does is hurt the production of the offense.

He wasn't overly productive last yr on a terrible football team, but I do remember watching that late season game at Pittsburgh and he basically won the game for them. He carried 22 times that night and had another 7 receptions for 72 yards. He also made the play of the game when he ran down a Pats D guy who had picked off a pass for what looked like a sure TD. He did that for a 1 win Pats team (at that time) against a Pitt team that had to win that game at home. The effort was still there even when their season (and possibly his career) was over.

Top Bottom