Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
After our complete and utter failure last week I’m really glad I didn’t buy tickets to the Chargers v Cowboys game at SoFi this time around

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What is it with these asinine announcers who can't stop mentioning Taylor Swift? I swear, I don't know a single song that she sings. She's sort of skanky looking to me too.

Oh, and I think the Chargers will win. That will send the kiss asses on the website into a panic.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"not trying to do too much" for this team = "not doing anything at all"
Yeah Tony, go ahead a black out that royal ass whooping, good luck with that. I'm pretty sure Dak already has lol

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Sherman was a heck of a player. I personally don't discount his comments. I'd like to know how he defines true number one.

With 17 games though, in a pass happy era, the mark of a great number 1 go-to WR should be closer to 1500 yards.

Drew Pearson had 14 game seasons when teams didn't pass on every other down, and in 1974 he had 1087 yards. Back then QBs could be crushed and WRs paid the price for trying to go over the middle.

They went to 16 games in 1978 and he had 1026 yards in 1979 (again though, it still wasn't a pass-happy league and WR could still get smashed coming over the middle). Pearson's production dipped after that, but Roger Staubach retired in 1979.

So my only point is that the benchmark for determining a great WR, in today's era should probably be around 1500 (if not more given how CB and safeties have to play).

Cee Dee had 1359 last year. Close enough? But the year prior he had 1102. That probably won't cut it in today's game to qualify as great.

I'd like to hear Sherman's rationale. He's no dummy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'd like to know how he defines true number one.
A true #1 is someone the defense is afraid of. Nobody's afraid of Lamb. They were all scared to death of Pearson. Yes it's just this simple.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What is it with these asinine announcers who can't stop mentioning Taylor Swift? I swear, I don't know a single song that she sings. She's sort of skanky looking to me too.
She's a complete fucking pinhead. I can't stand her or her music.

Many people have the belief the league is firmly behind all the promotion of her and her stupid relationship with Kelce in order to grow the game's viewership with women and young people. The coverage of it is definitely over the top and annoying. Just another reason to hate Goodell and everything he has done to the league since he became the Commish.

Top Bottom