Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Watching the Braves and Phillies on the MLB network, its being televised in Spanish. WTF. l0l!

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
How sweet. 104 regular season wins, the best offensive team in the majors & 6th straight division titles don't mean squat in the postseason to the Phillies. Knocking the arch rival Braves out AGAIN is Priceless.

At least one of my teams has a chance yet again for a world title, unlike them Cowboys.

Watching the Braves and Phillies on the MLB network, its being televised in Spanish. WTF. l0l!
Did you try TBS?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I live in Atlanta and have always pretty much hated the Braves. They were massive choke artists in the 90's and they're back at it again now.

That said, MLB has totally ruined the game. The playoff format sux beyond belief and you are clearly seeing the results of having too many teams go into the postseason. The 5 day layoffs for the top seeded teams is really stupid.

Then there's all the ridiculous rule changes.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Dang! Castellanos joined Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson – Mr. October himself – as the only players to hit five home runs in a span of three postseason games.

Castellanos' home run means the Phillies had logged 12 home runs in the three-game span, which is a playoff record. Guess whose going to the game tonight?! 😍 GO PHILLIES

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
UNBELIEVABLE! What a game. I literally lost my voice last night. The crowd was so loud in the seventh inning when Stott hit a routine infield pop-up, the D-backs couldn’t hear one another, and the ball dropped in for an embarrassing hit lol.

Last year's Phillies weren't even near this year's club. Middleton has done one helluva job building this monster franchise. Thompson who took over in 2022 as the interim skipper has taken the club to back-to-back NLCS & hopefully, back-to-back World Series & maybe, just maybe, win it all.

Records are made left & right. I may not follow the Cowboys with a microscope as some in here do, but I do follow the Phillies with one. Why follow a team with a microscope that never goes anywhere anyway?!

1) lowest ERA in 1st 8 games of a single postseason:
1983 Orioles: 1.23 2023 Phillies: 1.39

2) Schwarber's first multi-homer game of his postseason career gave him 18 postseason home runs, matching Reggie Jackson for the most ever by a left-handed batter

3) They’re the first team to have multiple 10-run games in a single postseason since the 2009 Phillies (lololol), according to ESPN. This team is outscoring opponents by a whopping 33 runs. The Phillies have led at the end of 57 innings so far this postseason & only trailed in two total, per MLB.com’s Paul Casella.

4) They have hit 15 homers in the last four postseason games, the most by any team in a four-game span, and 19 this postseason.

5) They have 17 home runs in their last five home games, another record.

6) They have trailed at the end of only two innings this postseason, the fewest by any team after eight postseason games.

7) They have outhomered the opposition by 15, the greatest differential in any eight-game span by any team in the postseason, and by 37 home runs in the postseason history of Citizens Bank Park.

8) Their winning percentage thereof .718, 28-11, is also the best by any team in postseason history.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm pulling for the Rangers to make it to the World Series but its no doubt Philly is going. Right now, they are the best team in baseball

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
I'm pulling for the Rangers to make it to the World Series but its no doubt Philly is going. Right now, they are the best team in baseball
Ditto!

Why Thomson went w/Kimbrel in game 4 after his blown loss in game 3 is incomprehensible.

Kimbrel now lost both games, literally, for the Phillies. They won't advance to the WS w/idiotic bullpen decisions as such. 😡

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Damn Rangers are brutal to root for, its 2011 all over again, their goose is cooked!

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Whew. It was back to normalcy w/Wheeler on the bump suffocating Arizona's offense. The Phils stole 3 bases, executed a double steal, & the franchise's first-ever steal of home in a postseason game. What?!

Back to Philly where they are undefeated this postseason & have the greatest home postseason winning percentage in history!
This lady ❤ her Phillies.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL...FOX shaking in their shoes over a potential Rangers/DBacks WS

Might be lowest rated in history.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
was hoping not but was too afraid to respond in game for fear on the jinx, I feel like a Ranger cooler, every time I watch, they seem to choke in unbelievable ways
Yup, but the good thing here, this is a much better team than 2011

daboyz

👀
Reaction score

Kelly was superb, Nola wasn't. First postseason game 7 in Phillies history. My nerves are shot! Go Rangers
....49ers lost again. :lol:

Top Bottom