yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I’m sure glad we won that last meaningless game of the season vs the Eagles that pushed us back in the draft and kept us from being able to draft Derwin James who was still there at 17!

Thanks Garrett you fucktard!

quit letting the king jackass off the hook, you know damn well jeri was dictating a meaningless win

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah so much for Jerry's "big splash." Right now it looks like a belly flop. Dude wasn't even in the top 20 of best available. I don't HATE the pick but sure don't love it. A slow guy who gets tied up by big guys? Just what we need. Probably could have gotten him in the 2nd round.

It's a typical Jerry Jones move thinking he's going to outsmart the rest of the NFL with his supreme stable of talent evaluators rather than just take the football player who's produced at a top level.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And did anyone else cringe when VDE mentioned SB's during his interview. Welcome son....you'll fit right in here with talk like that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
quit letting the king jackass off the hook, you know damn well jeri was dictating a meaningless win

Like Garrett would be able to pull off a win at will simply because Jeruh told him to. LOL

You sir give Garrett WAY too much credit. Even against Philly’s third string scrubs!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And did anyone else cringe when VDE mentioned SB's during his interview. Welcome son....you'll fit right in here with talk like that.

I noticed that too

I just figured Jeruh gave him a script and told him to say that shit

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed that too

I just figured Jeruh gave him a script and told him to say that shit

Or he just knew what to say to catch Jerry's attention. Remember, marketing and money first, football second.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jeruh is wondering how he is going to replace the loss of Dez’s jersey sales this coming season

LVE jerseys won’t make up the difference

Jeruh should start to panic right before round two starts tomorrow. Which means he will be looking to move up to take a jersey seller (WR) early in the second

If he’s not already doing that right now trying to come back into the first round

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You think selling the annual Garrett shit sandwich to the fans is easy?

nothing to sell, none of us are going anywhere and most where here long before that jackass bought the team

we're the sourest bunch of them all, yet here we are, year in and out and it has absolutely nothing to do with jeri's so called sales ability

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1509b3c412c218e089ea29512184ab5a.jpg

LOL@D. Law trolling Eli earlier today

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the LVE pick feel eerily similar to the Byron Jones pick?

I have the same feeling I had when we picked Byron. Basically meh...... whatever

I don’t hate the pick, I don’t love the pick. He just doesn’t seem like he is going to make a difference like you would hope a first rounder would or at least should

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don’t hate the pick, I don’t love the pick. He just doesn’t seem like he is going to make a difference like you would hope a first rounder would or at least should
I fully intend on giving him a chance to show what he has. The negatives about him are concerning though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I fully intend on giving him a chance to show what he has.
It's not like we really have a choice in the matter.

We HAVE to give him the chance to show us what a slow, inexperienced linebacker who can't change direction well and who can't shed big guys, can do.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Further proof we need a Football minded GM. Would Tex Schramm or Gil Brandt made this pick?

It's a guy we most likely could have gotten in the 2nd round. I think he still would have been available. That's what chaps my ass.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bio:
First-year starter who was named Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year and led Boise State with 141 tackles (8.5 for loss) and four forced fumbles, matched the team lead with three interceptions and posted four sacks and four pass breakups as a junior. Was limited to six games in 2016 due to injury and recorded 27 tackles (3.5 for loss), one sack and one interception. Made 20 tackles and broke up one pass as a redshirt freshman.

Pos:
First-year starter who has flown up draft boards. Smooth, explosive athlete who has the ability to make plays in any direction. Breaks down well, effectively uses his hands and displays good change of direction. Fast laterally, quickly gets to the action and plays physical, aggressive football. Gets depth on pass drops, covers a tremendous amount of area on the field and shows instincts. Fluid, shows no stiffness moving about the field and quickly scrapes laterally. Fires upfield to fill gaps in run defense, wraps up tackling and attacks assignments. Remains disciplined in coverage and quickly gets to the action.

Neg:
Inefficient and takes too many steps to the action. Marginally effective on the blitz to this point.

Analysis:
Vander Esch made the most of his opportunity this season once he moved into the starting lineup and now heads towards the draft as a first-round prospect. He’s a three-down linebacker who shows tremendous ability in space, and he will be a long-time starter at the next level once he completes his game.

Top Bottom