English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Just seen pictures of Barry Sanders waddling into Ford Field. He's packing some timber these days!

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Apparently Scandrick got hurt on the last play of the game.

With Awuzie likely toast for the year and Scandrick having limped around all season so far (and apparently hurt again) they probably need to think about making a move for a CB this week at trade deadline.

The only corner I've heard in any trade rumors for any teams is Vontae Davis. If he's the best available I don't know how worth it would be, especially since they'd likely give up too much.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
not to sound like dbair, but it's absolutely inconceivable that Washington's patchwork o-line didn't garner one fucking holding call, while a line replete with pro-bowlers netted five--many of which erased big plays.

aint that a bitch, I don't waste time on refs but thats hard to believe the skins never held

but the line with a first round pick at every position gets many

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Roethlisberger just plain overthrew that one. Not even a poor excuse for it.

Reaction score
Just really horrible officiating this game. I mean, just inexplicably horrible.

We already routinely get the short end of the stick due to the NFL's east coast bias, but I expect it to get cranked up into overdrive as Jerry comes for Goodell's job.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
anyone have a copy of that tweet that shows the Dez vs Norman stats

Dez 6 targets and 4 catches 39 yards with a long of 18 yards. My initial thought is most believe that a wet field gives the advantage to the WR because he knows where he is going (except maybe in Dez case). That being said and to beat a dead horse, this would hardly be considered a dominant performance worthy of the current pay check.

Reaction score
Five offensive holding calls on us, none on Washington.

When the Cowboys play, ONLY the Cowboys are capable of offensive holding. Just ask Green Bay.

It used to be that teams could intentional ground with no call, or rough our QB with no call during the Romo years. Now it's holding only against Dallas despite the old adage that "you can call holding on any play." It is so obvious what is going on with some of the ref crews.

I expect the next step will be for some crews to simply call no penalties of any kind against the opponent of the Cowboys while the phantom calls, like the late P.I., to become more frequent.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dez 6 targets and 4 catches 39 yards with a long of 18 yards. My initial thought is most believe that a wet field gives the advantage to the WR because he knows where he is going (except maybe in Dez case). That being said and to beat a dead horse, this would hardly be considered a dominant performance worthy of the current pay check.

Thanks but I was talking about a tweet I saw somewhere before the game that showed the entire history of Dez vs Norman stats (it wasn't pretty)

Reaction score
Thanks but I was talking about a tweet I saw somewhere before the game that showed the entire history of Dez vs Norman stats (it wasn't pretty)

And there are still idiots on CZ that hold up the "elite" corners that shutdown Dez all the time as if that is an excuse. First off, he's paid to beat all corners, second, the homers are blind to the fact that since they are using these DBs as an excuse for Dez they are admitting he isn't elite since he can't beat elite corners. Dez isn't exactly lighting up mediocre corners either.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Oh yeah I posted that yesterday I think in the who ya got thread. BTW somebody from Bleacher Report said Dez won this round vs Norman, I must have missed that part.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've got a feeling Lions/Steelers is going to be a "the team with fewer turnovers" kind of game...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
JuJu Smith-Schuster is playing like an absolute beast tonight. Unless Roethlisberger goes completely off the rails the Steelers offense may have just got dangerous.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hey Detroit: you really do have to have a respectable running game to score TDs from close in. Passing ain't gonna work in close quarters when they're fielding 8 DBs for your 3 wideouts.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hey Detroit: you really do have to have a respectable running game to score TDs from close in. Passing ain't gonna work in close quarters when they're fielding 8 DBs for your 3 wideouts.

480+ yards of total offense and no touchdowns. We haven't even screwed up that bad yet...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
480+ yards of total offense and no touchdowns. We haven't even screwed up that bad yet...

I seem to remember results similar to this in the Romo years. Maybe not quite this severe but the same mentality causes it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dbair,

can you stop acting like a bitch and start doing your day after write ups again?

it was a good thread.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Top Bottom