Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
yeah, if anything, that little stunt proved we didn't get the first down. shocked he ruled in our favor. or as English Cowboy would say, favour.

With how many times calls that obviously should go our way end up going against us I guess we were do for one to finally go our way

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just heard a stat that was interesting to me

Last season when our defense faced a 3rd and 10 the opponent was able to convert the 1st down 35% of the time against the legion of boobs.

But against this years crop of rookies that number has dropped to 16%

It felt like this secondary has been doing better than previous years. But it’s nice to finally see a stat that proves it. At least in one single area

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Shit, I was surprised we hadn't heard Irvins name mentioned

wonder if he finds a way to wiggle out of this one

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Yeah and the article is saying ALL of this is coming from the same woman, a makeup artist. And all it reports is she says Irvin grabbed her wrist.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

i wonder what carr, scandrick and claiborne's percentages were?

it always seemed that if the opposing qb wanted to go deep on the cowboys, it was gonna be money.

i mean, when lee is out, teams have the middle of the field on the defense all day long because "byron jones can't be everywhere."

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah its odd, they said he was actually injured early in the game but as you mention, he never came out.

Apparently he has serious headaches/post concussion stuff going on. Sounded like he was unlikely to play vs Philly either.

Seems like the concussion is as serious as the one Rico Gathers had. There is a good chance Irving is done for the year.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

No kidding, I was thinking the same thing. Being inappropriate with women is one of the things that got him fired from that Fox show he was on several years ago.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

But to be fair, that doesn't include a 55 yard penalty that could/should have cost us a win...

I do think Awuzie looks really good. I think he'll be at least solid and probably better for years. Not so sold on Lewis.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
But to be fair, that doesn't include a 55 yard penalty that could/should have cost us a win...

I do think Awuzie looks really good. I think he'll be at least solid and probably better for years. Not so sold on Lewis.
I'm cautiously optimistic with what I've seen from both of them so far but you've got to give them at least 2 years in the pros before you can make a proper judgment.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems like the concussion is as serious as the one Rico Gathers had. There is a good chance Irving is done for the year.

Unfortunately it's looking like it. I hope not, but certainly seems like they are tremendously concerned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The PI never would have happened if Brown had caught that easy pick though

That said, I like these 3 rookie DB's a lot. Hopefully they can continue to improve and we can build around them.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The PI never would have happened if Brown had caught that easy pick though

That said, I like these 3 rookie DB's a lot. Hopefully they can continue to improve and we can build around them.

I agree

It’s nice to see our young (new and revamped) secondary trending upwards. They are only going to get better. Whereas the legion of boobs had already maxed out their potential. And these new guys have already outperformed them this season.

I look forward to seeing where these kids go in the next couple years. With the legion of boobs I was always crossing my fingers hoping they wouldn’t screw the pooch and give up a bad angle and a TD

Sure the new kids are going to make mistakes in the future. But they will learn from them and get better.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I'm liking Lewis. Guy is the best open field tackler of the bumch.

Top Bottom