Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's interesting to read this pre season thread and see how far off some of them are already

So far Dooms and dbair seem to be on track still

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Missed that one

we have only seen Dak in pre season at this point. Not sure how many games by the time this thread was going on

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to expect from them. It could be a good season or a train wreck or virtually anything in between. Too many variables.

If Prescott plays more like he did in preseason than a typical rookie 4th rd pick QB would play, they could be pretty good. The rest of the offense is loaded. I am in the camp of hoping Prescott is good enough that they have to leave Romo on the bench when (or maybe even if) he is ever actually ready to play. The special teams should be pretty good.

On defense, I like the DT rotation and Byron Jones at FS, but the rest of it is question marks and a strategy of hope. Sean Lee is a great player when healthy, but he's already not healthy and that's after playing only a handful of preseason snaps. I have no faith in Brandon Carr and while I am encouraged by how Claiborne looks and played in preseason, I've learned not to trust him either. The DE situations looks pretty bleak for the first month of the season and could be a major headache all yr even after Lawrence comes back unless others step up.

I'm resolved to just sit and watch and hope for the best.

:getjiggy

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How about this prediction, even pumping up Dak, well done.

Did we know anything about Dak at this point? If not, extra kudos to TE

We'd seen him in preseason...

This is more like this team should have been playing all along. We've had an insanely talented offense for years now, and with a bunch of average players on defense you should be able to have at least an average defense.

The people claiming this team was well coached just either forgot what it what it was like to see a team play to its potential (or as close as is practically possible), or they never looked at other teams' rosters to see that most teams had bigger deficiencies than we had, or both.

Or they were purposely concocting excuses.

Top Bottom