Mr.Po

Reaction score
Thank god for mike pereira. As a fan I don't know how I could survive week to week of watching football without him explaining the obvious.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Part of me thought it would be good to say we were only beaten by the eventual champions, but really I'm loving the fact that the Packers are getting blown out.

Reaction score
I hope the Falcons win it all.

Like the Seahawks, Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Buccaneers, Saints, Rams, and whomever else... be a franchise that wins a Super Bowl for the first time before we can even get to a conference title game.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This will be an unpopular opinion on message boards but with the way Ryan and Rodgers get rid of the ball so quickly, I'm not sure pass rush should be the priority. Playmakers in the secondary should be.

You may hate now.
Valid point I think.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. I think Jerry sees his flaws and the questions is, how important is a SB to Jerry? The money is just rolling in. The ratings for the Cowboys games are through the roof. Do you think Jerry is happier with the cash than he is a SB?

At this point he has more cash than he knows what to do with, along with plenty to set his kids, grandkids, and great grandkids up for life

At this point he wants another SB before he dies

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's had 20 plus years to do that

He's not changing now!
He needs to die for this team to move forward

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He's had 20 plus years to do that

He's not changing now!
He needs to die for this team to move forward
He's going to hang on for a while yet, so he can draft his grandson, and hand him the starting job over Dak.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It won't, but I wish this would wake Jerry the fuck up. If you had a real coach, this game would be being played in your stadium.

but Jerry is "comfortable" with him. that's all that matters.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm still not sure Jerry doesn't have a Trading Places-style one dollar bet with someone that he can make a spare head coach into a Superbowl winner.

Reaction score
At this point he wants another SB before he dies

I don't think he does. We still have a shit coaching staff, a shit defense, shit special teams (other than kicker), and shit management that won't look in the mirror.

We all should have seen this coming anyway. We all should have known it would end like it always does. The first clue should have been resting the starters rather than go for a first ever 14-2 season. One hallmark of the Garrett era, other than a supernatural ability to achieve several franchise and even league records of shame, is that the team is always flat as a pancake after time off. Giving the players the better part of a month off was just as stupid as the Cabo trip. They forgot how to play in that time.

Reaction score
I'm still not sure Jerry doesn't have a Trading Places-style one dollar bet with someone that he can make a spare head coach into a Superbowl winner.

At least Randolph proved that it was environment, and not genetics that makes a good Wall Streeter. Money won is much sweeter than money earned.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bringing up Trading Places is just making me think about Jamie Lee Curtis' tats.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
TheZoneSucks said:
We all should have seen this coming anyway. We all should have known it would end like it always does. The first clue should have been resting the starters rather than go for a first ever 14-2 season. One hallmark of the Garrett era, other than a supernatural ability to achieve several franchise and even league records of shame, is that the team is always flat as a pancake after time off. Giving the players the better part of a month off was just as stupid as the Cabo trip. They forgot how to play in that time.
Never really understood why all the commentators took the coaches to the woodshed for that in 2007 but this year they got a pass for doing the exact same thing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now we see what Rogers can look like when you get pressure on him all game

Sure glad we learned from our mistakes of the 2014 season where we couldn't get to a gimpy one legged Rogers

Glad to see that two years later we still haven't addressed our pass rush issues

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Now we see what Rogers can look like when you get pressure on him all game

Sure glad we learned from our mistakes of the 2014 season where we couldn't get to a gimpy one legged Rogers
It was probably old news, but did you see the stat before the game that his QBR when blitzed was like 70 vs 120 when he wasn't? How did we not blitz more last week?

I know that's not what we do, but still.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It was probably old news, but did you see the stat before the game that his QBR when blitzed was like 70 vs 120 when he wasn't? How did we not blitz more last week?

I know that's not what we do, but still.
Blitzing was the only way we got to him. All 3 sacks by DB's.

Top Bottom