Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How does a team with less than 300 yards of total offense and a sub 25% conversion rate on 3rd down win?
When the opponent has 2 touchdowns called back by bonehead penalties, and has a safety scored against it from still another bonehead penalty, and has almost as many penalty yards as it does offensive total yards at the time of the 18 point deficit in the 4th quarter, after all the bonehead penalties.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So, no contest right? Might as well just give Dallas the WIN and save a trip to Wisconsin! LOL

Advanced Tip: When a run defense holds 5 NFL opponents to 50 yards or fewer rushing yards each, it ain't a fluke, it's not that those teams can't run the ball. That's dominant run defense. This is the NFL.

I never said it would be no contest. What I said is GB holding teams to 50 YPG doesn't mean shit when you look at the opponents they have faced

Not a single one of their opponents average 100 yards a game so GB holding each of them to 50 YPG is no huge feat

Giants 75 YPG
Lions 89 YPG
Vikings 70 YPG (AP was injured in the GB game) ranked #30th
Jags 60 YPG ranked dead last

So GB holding the leagues worst teams to 50 YPG doesn't mean much when other teams are doing nearly the same

We will see how they fare against our #1 O Line, the leagues leading rusher and our 155 YPG average

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, no contest right? Might as well just give Dallas the WIN and save a trip to Wisconsin! LOL

Advanced Tip: When a run defense holds 5 NFL opponents to 50 yards or fewer rushing yards each, it ain't a fluke, it's not that those teams can't run the ball. That's dominant run defense. This is the NFL.

It is debatable how good the Packers run defense is. Their stats are outstanding, so they may be outstanding, but the teams the Packers have played this year don't have particularly good running attacks (some were missing players too). The Packers may be outstanding against the run in general or they may be outstanding only when they play weaker rushing offenses. It is difficult to tell.

We don't know how good the Bengals are and we don't know how good the Packers are. IMO the Eagles game after the bye is the yardstick game for the Cowboys. I think we know that the Eagles are pretty solid.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Against a defense that's never allowed a 100 yard rusher in 5 games, and average allowing only 50 total rush yards per game. I think you're guilty of a little bit of hyperbole here and it really makes you look silly.

The rushing O's they have faced are bottom of the league. I think we gash them, too.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
FWIW, Football Outsiders has GB as the #2 run defense in the league, even adjusted for opponent. They're only #19 vs the pass.

We're the #1 rushing offense. Our defense is #25 overall, though.

Those numbers feel about right to me.

Reaction score
Yeah based on last year at "the Ohio State University", I thought he was probably over drafted with a shot to bust. Looks like he might be a player.

Can you imagine if San Diego keeps losing... they could end up with Bosa, Garrett, and Ingram.

Good luck stopping that pass rush.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Name the running backs they've faced. Keep in mind the game against Minnesota was the game Peterson got hurt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I never said it would be no contest. What I said is GB holding teams to 50 YPG doesn't mean shit
That is not what you said. You said we would gain more than 200 yards rushing on them.
Dooms, 'll take the over on 50 yards. Do you have a PayPal account?
I do have a PayPal but there is no bet and really no dispute. Of course we should do better than the 50 they allow. I'd bet that in a heartbeat.
FWIW, Football Outsiders has GB as the #2 run defense in the league, even adjusted for opponent. They're only #19 vs the pass.

We're the #1 rushing offense. Our defense is #25 overall, though.

Those numbers feel about right to me.
I've bolded the highly relevant part of your most intelligent post.
Name the running backs they've faced.
There is no need for that. See the bolded above.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't know why I sit in front of the computer looking at the remaining schedule and try to picture where the team will end up. It'll give me cancer.

I think Cowboys will be 11-5 this season. Ls are

Giants (Obviously)
Packers
Steelers
Vikings
Eagles (Split one)

But possible that they lose to Giants again, Skins and Lions that's the good ol 8-8 and it's possible depending on their momentum. 8-8 would keep JG I think... :( Jerry would say oh well we had rookies this season.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of the final record... I know we've won four in a row and are hot right now but some people are talking like we aren't losing the rest of the year. I mean, if we're going to punk GB in Lambeau, who are we going to lose to? Maybe Pitt? Are we going 14-2 with Dak having two or three picks all year?

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Agree. In 3 weeks we will be 4-3 going into Cleveland. The perfect time to bring Romo back. He can have a warm up game and get ready for the Steelers.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't know why I sit in front of the computer looking at the remaining schedule and try to picture where the team will end up. It'll give me cancer.

I think Cowboys will be 11-5 this season. Ls are

Giants (Obviously)
Packers
Steelers
Vikings
Eagles (Split one)

But possible that they lose to Giants again, Skins and Lions that's the good ol 8-8 and it's possible depending on their momentum. 8-8 would keep JG I think... :( Jerry would say oh well we had rookies this season.

We will beat the Vikings.

Top Bottom