dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dane Brugler ‎‎@dpbrugler

Had a 4th round grade on CB Anthony Brown, very good value for the #Cowboys in the 6th. 4.33 speed w/ solid size and sky high confidence

Reaction score
PLAYER OVERVIEW

A three-star cornerback recruit out of high school, Brown committed to Purdue over offers from Indiana, Iowa State and several others - also a standout track athlete with a 10.58 100-meters.
After spending his true freshman season as a back-up, Brown earned a starting job as a sophomore (10 starts), posting 69 tackles and three passes defended. He started all 12 games as a junior in 2014 and recorded 54 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and a team-best 10 passes defended.

Brown again started all 12 games as a senior in 2015 and finished with a team-high four interceptions, adding 59 tackles and 10 passes defended to earn All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 East-West Shrine Game.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Above average speed with quick feet to press and stay hip-to-hip with receivers downfield...easy gas to recover and close gaps...recognizes formations to jump routes and crowd the air space of receivers...patient and trusts what he sees.
Has some issues as a tackler, but generally gets his man on the ground...leverages defenders with his lengths to hold contain, stay clean and show up as a run defender...finds the quickest path to the ballcarrier...adequate height, strength and length blend for the position...physical mentality and able to play tight without making obvious contact...improved finishing skills as a senior to complete interceptions, including three in one game vs. Nebraska (Oct. 2015).

Impact potential on special teams with one career blocked kick (Purdue assistant coach: "We can't block him on field goal tries in practice...")...graduated with a degree in organizational leadership and supervision (Dec. 2015)...self-assured competitor with reliable football character, starting 34 straight games to finish his career.

WEAKNESSES: Splay feet and finds his hips turned the wrong way at times...the words "spacing issues" show up frequently in my notes...upright in his stance, causing him to be late driving on throws in front of him...hands-on defender and will attract flags when he allows his discipline to lapse...allows too much cushion in off-coverage...needs to better find the ball with his back to the ball downfield...wild jam technique and needs to stay composed nose-to-nose.

Needs to tighten his break down skills and drive through his target as a tackler...small hands and inconsistent ballskills with too many dropped interceptions on his tape - all four of his career interceptions came in 2015.

IN OUR VIEW: A three-year starter at Purdue, Brown played primarily field cornerback in both man and zone looks, starting the last 34 games for the Boilermakers - lined up exclusively outside as a starter. He has blur speed with smooth ease of movement to stay balanced and within arms-length of receivers in man coverage.

Brown plays with patience and a nose for the ball, but needs to improve his spatial awareness and cut down on the contact - will get caught with his hand in the cookie jar due to his physicality in coverage. His technique in coverage and run support require maintenance, but his blend of size, speed and confidence are great building blocks for his pro future.

Reaction score
Cowboys CB Anthony Brown graduated from Purdue w/ degree in Organizational Leadership & Supervision. He's a Jason Garrett right kind of guy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
small hands and inconsistent ballskills with too many dropped interceptions on his tape
Fits right in. Welcome to the Legion of Boobs.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kavon Frazier SS, Central Michigan

NFL COMPARISON Barry Church

I can't make this stuff up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kavon Frazier SS, Central Michigan

NFL COMPARISON Barry Church

I can't make this stuff up.

So he takes bad angles and can't tackle!

Fuck me! Fuck them! Fuck Jerry and Garret too!

Why the fuck would we want a player similar to one that shouldn't be on the team in the first place??

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fuck me! Fuck them! Fuck Jerry and Garret too!

Why the fuck would we want a player similar to one that shouldn't be on the team in the first place??

Because this Front office values Barry Church. It would make sense that they would like someone who compares to the player they think is starter and captain worthy.

Regardless of any evidence that directly contradicts his inability to cover anyone.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Darius Jackson
Another RB!

WTF!?!?!?

Somone shoot Garret in the face then stuff his leftovers down Jerry's throat till he chokes to death!

Please!

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And another TE
Rico Gathers
REALLY? Fucking really?

He's a god damn basketball player not even a football player!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Darius Jackson RB Eastern Michigan....decent RB, not really the KR type so not sure why we are adding him to a crowded backfield. I just talked to an Eastern Michigan coach this past Thursday about him.

I'd be thrilled about this pick had we not already added Elliott and his guaranteed 8 additional wins.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I actually like the Geathers pick. That's where you take a chance on someone, not the 2nd round.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That was our last pick of the draft right? We can't fuck anymore picks up can we?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Darius Jackson
Another RB!

WTF!?!?!?

Somone shoot Garret in the face then stuff his leftovers down Jerry's throat till he chokes to death!

Please!

Sounds like a coverage guy on ST. Will likely challenge McFadden for the 3rd RB spot (which I expect McFadden to lose).

Top Bottom