yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Soooo, in the 1st round they couldn't/wouldn't trade down and drafted a RB at 4, and then proceeded to fabricate a story that the Ravens were going to take Elliott.

Then in the 2nd round, they were unable to move up, then unable to move down, and were so terrified the Patriots would steal their feel good story, that they panicked and took a player that will not play next year and may not ever play.

In the 3rd round they took a pass-rushing 3Tech who had all of 2 1/2 sacks last year. The brain trust states they view him as a valuable backup to Tyrone Crawford.

In one of the strongest drafts in years, we take a RB in the top five, a guy who won't contribute next year, and a back-up?

Jerry Jones is literally the worst executive in all of sports. No one has the "pedigree" of two decades of poor drafting because no executive would be allowed to continue to make player personnel decisions for that long.

and I was dumb enough to think some significant philosophical changes had been made with the passing of Manziel, drafting the Oline, etc but this year, it just feels like jerri said he's had enough of that shit and now we're gonna gamble, get out of my way, I got this!

Seems like there is a pattern here with jerri where he hires a coach and kind of lets them do their thing and then has to insert himself in some significant, public way after a few years.

He let Jimmy run the show, then realized Jimmy's contract boxed him out, so he began operation sabotage to get that asshole who won us 2 super bowls the fuck out of dodge

Barry was nothing but an empty shell front man because jerri didn't have the balls to go down on the field and coach the team himself

Gailey/Campo - never around long enough but were pliable enough for jerri to control anyway

Parcells - first coach with large brass ones since Jimmy, was given authority and was rebuilding things nicely and then here comes jerri and TO and gawd knows what behind the scenes and Im convinced thats a huge reason why Parcells said fuck this shit and left town. Plus jerri can only take sharing the limelight for so long thus Parcells was always on a short leash.

Phillips - pliable monkey that I'm sure went along with whatever jerri wanted. He tried to get Dan Reeves in here but of course jerri wanted Reeves to sign a leave your balls at the door contract and since Reeves has a set, he dutifully told jerri to go fuck himself and left the building.

Garrett - given the appearance of control from the start, appears to have been allowed to make some changes (apparently just a dress on a pig) and has some "authority" but thats quickly eroded, if it existed at all, and here we are today after a few years of what seemed to be measured, logical drafts & out come the dice, its gamble time babay!

I think jerri has to do these risky moves because that's his fundamental nature, he loves high risk with high reward despite the consequences (which really are never that high in the NFL because the fans never leave, the salary cap covers his ass from over spending so he can just put all his money on a long shot again the next year). Additionally, I think he likes to make against the grain, attention grabbing moves so in the event he did ever hit the power ball, he could come back crowing, I picked those numbers!

I really despise that mother fucker

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FUCK YOU BB

Jordan Schultz
✔ ‎‎@Schultz_Report

Source: Very likely #Cowboys go QB at 101. In addition to Connor Cook, it could be Cardale Jones, whom Dallas likes a lot. #NFLDraft

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
FUCK YOU BB

Do you take a chance on Cook here?

Cleveland has the two picks before the Cowboys so they may not get the chance.

I'm beginning to think the gay rumors are what's killing Cook or he may actually be gay, otherwise we'd hear clear as a bell what his problems are and all I've heard is vague shit that doesn't seem particularly significant, especially in a QB hungry league.

There's obviously a huge issue with this guy beyond merely not being a team captain often enough and the media has largely gone silent on the matter whereas they typically beat stories like this to death. Given the taboo nature of the subject especially as it relates to a player that should be able to actually play in the NFL, its starting to feel a little fishy to me.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow
Raiders just took Conner Cook with the pick right before us

I doubt anyone thought that the Raiders would have picked a QB

I bet that just fucked up our pick

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Raiders even moved up to get him because they probably assumed we would have taken him

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cook going to Oakland is definitely an interesting pick.

I'm not upset with the Tapper pick though. As long as they continue to go defense with their second 4th rounder. Would love it if Billings fell to them and they actually took him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What # is our second fourth rounder

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty happy with Tapper here. Solid player, played out of position in that scheme at OU for sure.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One of those nfl network guys said Cowboys could be looking at Nick Foles as the backup

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
OU has a tricked up defensive scheme. They flipped 43 to 34 and they didn't let their DEs rush that much. Go check him out vs Bama in the 2013 Sugar where his ability really started to show.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just watched Tappers highlights and he looks pretty good

He's got some wheels on him too

Just watched him get up off the ground and run down a QB 20 yards from behind

Top Bottom