NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
As great as this season has been there are two things that worry me. The combination of our clown head coach and a rookie QB getting exposed in the playoffs. This is a team that should go to the Super Bowl and win it. With a good head coach I think it would almost be a given. With the red clown there is legitimate reason for concern.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As great as this season has been there are two things that worry me. The combination of our clown head coach and a rookie QB getting exposed in the playoffs. This is a team that should go to the Super Bowl and win it. With a good head coach I think it would almost be a given. With the red clown there is legitimate reason for concern.

When Dak lit it up during preseason, are you suggesting that this wasn't an issue that worried you for the upcoming regular season? You wouldn't have been wrong then, or even now I guess. Dak was exposed at times during the regular season --- it's unlikely he would go 16 games without being exposed. And, he overcame them. What you see with Dak is what you get. I have no worries about Dak. If Dak is allowed to be Dak, then all should be well. But you are correct to worry about Garrett. These situations where he wants to make himself known, like he's involved. How many opening/first possession TDs we had this year? I'm too lazy to look up, but I'm assuming it's some kind of record, at least under Garrett. Because with Linehan, we weren't doing any of this "let's see what the defense is giving us" bullshit, which is what we've been seeing the last few games. We need to return back to that.

Dak is here, he and Zeke got us this far. Makes no sense to me to worry about them.

Reaction score
If we beat Detroit, and then Detroit goes on to lose to Green Bay next week, AND if the Redskins beat the Giants next week, that means both the Redskins and Giants are in the NFC playoffs.

I don't like the idea of two divisional opponents in the playoffs, considering how unpredictable divisional games are.

It's hard to beat the same team three times in one season. I'm confident we could be the Giants considering how garbage their offense is, but I wouldn't want to play the Redskins again.

Reaction score
Updated after week 16:

If the season ended today

Bye
1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Atlanta Falcons

Wild Card Weekend
6. Detriot Lions @ 3. Seattle Seahawks
5. New York Giants @ 4. Green Bay Packers

Week 17 matchups

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants @ Washington Redskins
Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49'ers
New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons
Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Pitt could challenge NE.

In the NFC I really feel we're going to walk in. Probably walk away with the whole thing.

You've basically been saying this for weeks, but honestly I don't feel that way.

I still think there's a couple teams that can give us real trouble.

Reaction score
I expect Green Bay and Washington to win this week. In that scenario, Washington should be the #6 seed. I also expect the Saints to give Atlanta fits, whereas Seattle won't have a problem with the 49'ers. So it could be a battle for the #2 seed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's hard to beat the same team three times in one season. .

I've always thought this too, maybe because the media spews it out there a lot but its actually not true.

Teams that were 2-0 against another team in the regular season are then 13-7 if there's a 3rd game between them. Now what I don't know from the numbers is how many of those 20 times did the team sweeping have the homefield for the 3rd game so the numbers may not tell the whole story.

Dallas has actually been on both sides of it. They swept the Giants in 2007 and lost at home in the 3rd matchup, then swept Philly in 2009 and blew them out in the 3rd matchup. Both of these games were at home.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we beat Detroit, and then Detroit goes on to lose to Green Bay next week, AND if the Redskins beat the Giants next week, that means both the Redskins and Giants are in the NFC playoffs.

I don't like the idea of two divisional opponents in the playoffs, considering how unpredictable divisional games are.

It's hard to beat the same team three times in one season. I'm confident we could be the Giants considering how garbage their offense is, but I wouldn't want to play the Redskins again.

I get what you mean. Thing is, if the Cowboys defense plays like it does throughout like it did the second half... I see no team beating us, as long as the offense does what it does. The Redskins are a mixed bag basically on offense. They have no running game, or a defense for that matter. They are one-dimensional. Cousins bombing it away sort of plays into the Cowboys' hands.

Reaction score
How I see things going down:

Wildcard

NFC

6. Washington Redskins 3. Seattle Seahawks
5. New York Giants @ 4. Green Bay Packers

AFC

6. Miami Dolphins @ 3. Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Kansas City Chiefs @ 4. Houston Texans

Divisional

NFC
3. Seattle Seahawks @ 2. Atlanta Falcons
4. Green Bay Packers @ 1. Dallas Cowboys

AFC
3. Pittsburgh Steelers @ 2. Oakland Raiders
5. Kansas City Chiefs @ 1. New England Patriots

Conference Championships

NFC
2. Atlanta Falcons @ 1. Dallas Cowboys

AFC
5. Kansas City Chiefs @ 3. Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl

Kansas City Chiefs vs Atlanta Falcons

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thats a very possible scenario. That Atlanta O is lighting folks up! Kind of amazing they really aren't being talked about much.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They are one-dimensional. Cousins bombing it away sort of plays into the Cowboys' hands.

How does it do that? We're much better against the run than pass. Or at least we were until some white kid named Zack Zenner showed up.

Cousins is sort of boom or bust to me. He could throw some picks and we win easily. But if he gets hot, he could actually pose a problem. They do have better WRs than we have DBs, plus a great TE.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I expect Green Bay and Washington to win this week. In that scenario, Washington should be the #6 seed. I also expect the Saints to give Atlanta fits, whereas Seattle won't have a problem with the 49'ers. So it could be a battle for the #2 seed.

Not sure why people think the Giants are going to mail it in against the Redskins. Granted, it's not going to change the Giants' seeding; but does anyone think really that the Giants want to go into the playoffs with a 2-game losing streak?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure why people think the Giants are going to mail it in against the Redskins. Granted, it's not going to change the Giants' seeding; but does anyone think really that the Giants want to go into the playoffs with a 2-game losing streak?

They might not, but then again they might get outplayed badly again like they did vs Philly. Washington is a better team than Philly.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Assuming Atlanta wins at home vs New Orleans, they clinch #2 seed. Seattle plays San Fran, as bad as Seattle has been playing I cant see them losing to lowly Niners. So they'll clinch the 3rd seed. I think Green Bay probably beats Detroit and I do believe Washington ill beat NYG to clinch 6th spot.

That'd give you Washington at Seattle and NYG at GB for wildcard weekend. Wouldn't be a shock to see Skins win in Seattle so we'd get them in divisional round with winner of NYG/GB going to Atlanta.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They might not, but then again they might get outplayed badly again like they did vs Philly. Washington is a better team than Philly.

Yeah and so are the Cowboys, but what happened? In fact, that's the very reason (lost to the Eagles) I can see them going all out.

Reaction score
@Gil_Brandt 3m3 minutes ago
If Redskins make playoffs, they will play ATL, DET, GB or SEA in Wild Card Round. Kirk Cousins is 1-5 in career vs. those 4 teams

Top Bottom