NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I've maintained that we're more comparable to last year's chiefs than last year's seahawks. The main reason being our shitty head coach. There will be times in January where unfortunately he'll have to make decisions against well-coached opponents and those will likely be games we lose. It just takes one ginger decision to ruin a whole season. He's more than capable of that.

Sad thing about that is more than likely it's gonna come after an extension too.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Overall?? you've got to be shitting me.. I can't believe this guy.. That's a link to ranks of point scored against.
No it's not. It is a list of team defense ranked IN ORDER which has Dallas at #26 OVERALL.

You can click on "yds" there to get it ranked in that order if you like.
Doomsday, just stay out of this. I don't take anything you say seriously anyway.
Might be why you continue to wallow in ignorance, and continue to try to baffle with bullshit since you cannot dazzle with brilliance..:dev3

Your original, infantile idiotic meter of "can't get any worse therefore it will be better" has been totally shot down and identified for what it was by several others. Just take your medicine.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
No it's not. It is a list of team defense ranked IN ORDER which has Dallas at #26 OVERALL.

You can click on "yds" there to get it ranked in that order if you like.
Might be why you continue to wallow in ignorance, and continue to try to baffle with bullshit since you cannot dazzle with brilliance..:dev3

Your original, infantile idiotic meter of "can't get any worse therefore it will be better" has been totally shot down and identified for what it was by several others. Just take your medicine.

Shh.. Waiting for someone with a brain to respond.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
:lol

I said we needed better 3rd down conversion rate and alot less injuries, for this defense to improve.

It happened.

And it wasn't the idiotic "can't get any worse therefore it will be better" pablum.

Reaction score
You're trying to argue a completely different point. One that it is not, nor was it ever, my argument. Like I said, the ol' message board spin.

My argument has always been simply based on ranking. 1-32. Where do we rank. Simple. There's nothing else to it. You or whoever else it was tried and continue to try spinning that into me saying a team can't let up more yards, or me saying a team can't let up more points than a previous year... Are you serious? What? Why would anyone in their right mind ever try arguing that? Come on, pep. That's a stupid discussion we shouldn't be having and one that is so elementary that it has no excuse to even be assumed.

Again, we ranked 32 last year.. Based on ranking there's no way we could be worse. We shouldn't even be having this conversation.
If you're going to argue the general blanket statement that there's no way this team could be worse, it's going to get challenged... plan and simple.

If you want to limit the discussion only to overall ranking amongst the 32 teams, then you should say so. No one would argue that the team can't be ranked 33rd in the league. That would be a stupid discussion as well. But that's not the statement that was said repeatedly this offseason. I don't remember arguing with you over it, but I would have if you made a general blanket statement like "they can't be worse." They most certainly could be worse... at least you recognize that.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol

I said we needed better 3rd down conversion rate and alot less injuries, for this defense to improve.

It happened.

And it wasn't the idiotic "can't get any worse therefore it will be better" pablum.

K thx for sharing

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
If you're going to argue the general blanket statement that there's no way this team could be worse, it's going to get challenged... plan and simple.

If you want to limit the discussion only to overall ranking amongst the 32 teams, then you should say so. No one would argue that the team can't be ranked 33rd in the league. That would be a stupid discussion as well. But that's not the statement that was said repeatedly this offseason. I don't remember arguing with you over it, but I would have if you made a general blanket statement like that.

That's the thing.. From the beginning I've been saying based on the ranked 32 teams since ultimately that's how you find best/worst. That's where it started from. You or whoever it was, I don't remember who, tried spinning that into all this other bullshit. Bullshit of which, aside from the obvious, really has no barring on being worst ranked. If a team finishes the season allowing the most yards then they're last. It doesn't matter if it's 200 more/less yards than the previous season if said team still finished last. You're last two years in a row, period. That'd be like me running around after the season saying I told you so if we still ranked last but allowed 500 fewer yards.. I don't give a fuck about that. When you're last, you're last. There's no sugar coating it.

And you're right that is a stupid discussion hence the reason I said we shouldn't even be having it.

Reaction score
That's the thing.. From the beginning I've been saying based on the ranked 32 teams since ultimately that's how you find best/worst. That's where it started from. You or whoever it was, I don't remember who, tried spinning that into all this other bullshit. Bullshit of which, aside from the obvious, really has no barring on being worst ranked. If a team finishes the season allowing the most yards then they're last. It doesn't matter if it's 200 more/less yards than the previous season if said team still finished last. You're last two years in a row, period. That'd be like me running around after the season saying I told you so if we still ranked last but allowed 500 fewer yards.. I don't give a fuck about that. When you're last, you're last. There's no sugar coating it.

And you're right that is a stupid discussion hence the reason I said we shouldn't even be having it.
I never said that the Cowboys could be worse than the 32nd ranked team in the league. But I did argue that the defense could be ranked 32nd in the league and still be a worse defense... and I stand by that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hard not to.... We love the Cowboys. But we gotta remember 2007. We gotta remember this is a Red Ball coached team. We gotta remember there are big holes in this team not the least of which is special teams. We gotta remember this is only October and there's still nine games left. We gotta know that playing us is the Super Bowl now, for every team we play.

Resist the urge to Homer out!
I bet I don't have to preach THIS anymore... :lol

Reaction score
I think other than Dbair, pretty much everyone here has the sense to not get sucked. #acceptbyachickamirite #parcells

Reaction score
I admit, I was getting sucked back in to full fledged homer mode.

Sometimes I forget were a Garrett coached/Jerry GM'd team.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I admit, I was getting sucked back in to full fledged homer mode.

Sometimes I forget were a Garrett coached/Jerry GM'd team.

Yeah it is. Then a game like this past Monday goes to remind you.

I started to believe. That's why I'm so pissed about the loss. It was quite recent that I would have rejoice in a loss like that, because it would mean one step out the door for Garrett. But as we were winning these past weeks... I resigned myself that Garrett would stay, and I was fine with it just as long as he STAYED THE FUCK OUT THE WAY and leave the play calling alone. But then came Monday Night....

Top Bottom