LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
anyone else a little worried about Claibornes knee

He jammed his knee. It's not like he jammed his finger, where you tape it up and keep going. If it's just a jammed knee as they claim, then I'm not surprised that's it's been about a week in healing, and at the same time the staff is being cautious. Jam knees are not that serious but they do leave you sore and numb.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How do you jam your knee?

New one for me. I bet Ratliff gave him that idea.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas -- One of the reasons why Jason Garrett likes to have a training camp practice at AT&T Stadium is for the current players to mix and mingle with the former players and learn the history of the Dallas Cowboys franchise.

Cliff Harris spoke at the dinner following the two-hour practice and was one of six members of the Ring of Honor in attendance, along with Roger Staubach, Lee Roy Jordan, Rayfield Wright, Mel Renfro and Charles Haley.

Players representing every era of Cowboys’ football were on hand, as well, including Butch Johnson, Jay Novacek, Billy Joe DuPree, John Fitzgerald and Ken Hamlin.

x4hv95.jpg

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's been a lot more than a week on Claiborne. It's been over two weeks, and he isn't playing this week either.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He had to be helped off the field last season after he lacerated his lip.

It might be a while.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's been a lot more than a week on Claiborne. It's been over two weeks, and he isn't playing this week either.

That's why I said they might be holding him out as a precaution. They did an MRI, and he supposedly has tendonitis. Either way, he should be back at the start of the season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nahhhhhhhhhh. No league double standard or bias at all:

While Micah Pellerin gets a hefty fine, Mike Jenkins gets off scot-free

The Cowboys likely don't agree with the league on its assessment of punishment for two recent hits.

Cowboys cornerback Micah Pellerin was fined $15,750 for unnecessary roughness on Cardinals punt returner Charles Hawkins during last Saturday's game. Pellerin was flagged 15 yards for the hit, which the league deemed "striking a defenseless player in the head and neck area."

The Cowboys and Dez Bryant had expected former teammate Mike Jenkins to be fined for a hit he applied to Bryant in the Aug. 9 game in Oakland. The Raiders cornerback lined up Bryant after a 26-yard reception and hit Bryant so hard that Jenkins lost his helmet.

Jenkins was neither penalized nor fined for the hit.

-- Charean Williams

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...jenkins-gets-off-scot-free.html#storylink=cpy

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope Jerry has someone place the money for the fine in that poor guy's locker. He can't afford that.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Uh, Pellerin hit a punt returner who had called for a fair catch. Granted, it was a lame fair catch signal and our guy legitimately didn't see it, but still, totally different than hitting Dez when he's running with the ball.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Uh, Pellerin hit a punt returner who had called for a fair catch. Granted, it was a lame fair catch signal and our guy legitimately didn't see it, but still, totally different than hitting Dez when he's running with the ball.

It was a head-to-head hit by Jenkins on Dez. That's supposed to be illegal now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I have little doubt had Brandon Carr taken out somebody like that, there'd have been flags and probably fines

Reaction score
‏@calexmendez7h
Jerry got asked if Ratliff will practice next week. 'No.' How about Livings? 'No.' Leary? 'My gut is he'll play against the Giants.'

Thanks Coach.

Top Bottom