Reaction score
Chiefs have reportedly worked out a trade for Alex Smith.

That ought to clear the path for Loeckel or Fisher at #1

Reaction score
The first unofficial first-round smokescreen of the year

Posted by Mike Florio on February 24, 2013, 9:21 PM EST

AP
With multiple reports indicating that the Cardinals, who hold the seventh overall pick in the draft, have become smitten with former USC quarterback Matt Barkley, our first reaction is this.

It’s B.S.

With the Bills parked one spot behind the Cardinals in the top 10 and equally desperate to get a franchise quarterback, the Cardinals could be trying to do one of two things by letting word leak of an alleged love affair with Barkley.

First, the Cardinals could be hoping to get someone else (like the Bills) to trade in front of them and take Barkley, pushing another player in whom the Cardinals truly are interested one spot farther down the draft board.

Second, the Cardinals could trying to mask their potential interest in West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, hoping to keep the Bills or some other team from leapfrogging Arizona at No. 7 to get Smith.

The latter explanation makes more sense, primarily because Smith better fits the profile of quarterbacks with whom Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians has most recently worked. Like Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Smith is big and strong and mobile — the kind of quarterback who can use his legs to make up for the absence of a high-end offensive line. Which the Cardinals don’t have.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The first unofficial first-round smokescreen of the year

Posted by Mike Florio on February 24, 2013, 9:21 PM EST

AP
With multiple reports indicating that the Cardinals, who hold the seventh overall pick in the draft, have become smitten with former USC quarterback Matt Barkley, our first reaction is this.

It’s B.S.

With the Bills parked one spot behind the Cardinals in the top 10 and equally desperate to get a franchise quarterback, the Cardinals could be trying to do one of two things by letting word leak of an alleged love affair with Barkley.

First, the Cardinals could be hoping to get someone else (like the Bills) to trade in front of them and take Barkley, pushing another player in whom the Cardinals truly are interested one spot farther down the draft board.

Second, the Cardinals could trying to mask their potential interest in West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, hoping to keep the Bills or some other team from leapfrogging Arizona at No. 7 to get Smith.

The latter explanation makes more sense, primarily because Smith better fits the profile of quarterbacks with whom Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians has most recently worked. Like Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Smith is big and strong and mobile — the kind of quarterback who can use his legs to make up for the absence of a high-end offensive line. Which the Cardinals don’t have.

or they really like Barkley and have too many staff members with big mouths.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
SMU Football ‏@SMU_Football
.@SMU_Football DE @Margus_Hunt hits 38 reps on the bench at 225 at the #NFLCombine #SMU2NFL #PonyUp
Retweeted by Rebecca Otto
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Just walked out of stadium with Margus Hunt. Asked me how he could get back in. Wanted to grab shoes at hotel and come back to practice 40s.
Retweeted 24 times
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Reaction score
‏@Jimmy_Beast
Oregon OLB Dion Jordan, 4.53 at 6'6, 248. Wow. And he even looked a little awkward getting out of his stance.

‏@nfldraftupdate
#SMU DE Margus Hunt runs a highly impressive unofficial 4.65 time at 6'8" 277 lbs.

@nfldraftupdate
#MSU DE William Gholston, the 6'6" 281 lbs. cousin of Vernon Gholston, ran a 4.93 unnoficially.

@nfldraftupdate
#UF's Sharrif Floyd, the top available DT on many boards, ran an unofficial 4.93 time.

Wait... so now Sharriff Floyd is the stop DT? Not Richardson or Star?

Reaction score
‏@DraftCountdown
All I can say on #SMU DE Margus Hunt is BUYER BEWARE. Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. Allen Bailey Part II. #NFLCombine

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's a great time for Jordan seeing how he's so tall and linear, which makes it harder to come out of the breaks.

Reaction score
‏@nfldraftupdate
#Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson ran an unofficial 5.00 flat and 1.77 10-yard split. Disappointing numbers.

‏@nfldraftupdate
#TexasAM DE/OLB Damontre Moore runs an unofficial 4.87 time + 1.69 10-yard split.

Reaction score
Richardson could out to be a fine player, but I never got how he was the clear cut guy behind Lotuleli. I think there is pretty much group there that is not all that different talent wise.

Reaction score
Richardson could out to be a fine player, but I never got how he was the clear cut guy behind Lotuleli. I think there is pretty much group there that is not all that different talent wise.

I saw about 3 Mizzou games this year (one in person) and he stood out in each one in a big way. I love the player.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Damontre Moore isn't having a great combine. If he is there at 18, do you?

I'm not sure he fits unless it is Ware's spot

Top Bottom