Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Lemme say this though, I won't be upset if we do draft Warmack before Cooper. I just think it benefits us better to have Cooper.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just think it benefits us better to have Cooper.

Cooper is as good a pulling, attacking guard as I can remember coming out of college. He gets after players like he's a defensive player. Where I thought DeCastro had/has excellent technique, Cooper does too but attacks would be tacklers with a nasty demeanor.

The kid is also a leader. He is always getting on his teammates, trying to get everyone fired up. Tyron is special IMO but he's very quiet. Would be nice to have a vocal leader on the O Line.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cooper is as good a pulling, attacking guard as I can remember coming out of college. He gets after players like he's a defensive player. Where I thought DeCastro had/has excellent technique, Cooper does too but attacks would be tacklers with a nasty demeanor.

The kid is also a leader. He is always getting on his teammates, trying to get everyone fired up. Tyron is special IMO but he's very quiet. Would be nice to have a vocal leader on the O Line.

Absolutely. Just think how Tyron would feel to have someone like Cooper blocking along side of him. It'll make him that much better.

Reaction score

What makes Tyron special? He's an average pass blocker and below average run blocker.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
3 players at non-need Positions
Dee Milliner CB Alabama, maybe Keenan Allen WR Cal , and hopefully at least 1 QB (Geno Smith, Matt Barkley)

3 T's
1. Luke Joeckel Texas A&M
2. Eric Fisher Central Michigan
3. Lane Johnson Oklahoma

2 G's
1. Chance Warmack Alabama
2. Jonathan Cooper North Carolina

6 DE's
1. Bjoern Werner Florida State
2. Damontre Moore Texas A&M
3. Jarvis Jones (OLB) Georgia
4. Barkevious Mingo (OLB) LSU
5. Ezekial Ansah BYU
6. Dion Jordan Oregon

3 DT's
1. Star Lotulelei Utah
2. Sheldon Richardson Missouri
3. Sharrif Floyd Florida

1 S
Kenny Vacarro Texas

so if Jerry doesn't do something crazy, we will be able to add an impact player at a position of need at 18.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What makes Tyron special? He's an average pass blocker and below average run blocker.

off the chart physical tools and athleticism. Plus, at age 22, which is younger than many of the O Linemen we are watching at the Combine right now, he already has 31 career NFL starts under his belt. He's nowhere near being a finished product.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

There was nothing average about him as a rookie at RT. He should have made the probowl and was graded out as one of the top tackles in football that year.

And after getting off to a little slow start last year, his play continued to improve and I saw nothing to make me think he wont be a probowl calibar player for a decade.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
off the chart physical tools and athleticism. Plus, at age 22, which is younger than many of the O Linemen we are watching at the Combine right now, he already has 15 career NFL starts under his belt. He's nowhere near being a finished product.

He has 31 now

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They say this kind of stuff about Fluker too.

He isnt as light on his feet as Big E was here, but they are similar players with similar demeanors.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
off the chart physical tools and athleticism. Plus, at age 22, which is younger than many of the O Linemen we are watching at the Combine right now, he already has 15 career NFL starts under his belt. He's nowhere near being a finished product.

And not to mention he's surrounded by trash. Get some better players around him and it'll make him better. Lime you said he's still impriving.

Can't say that for anyone else on our OL.

Top Bottom