cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ill play matt johndon or church at SS, I just think we need more speed from our single high.

This is what I'm saying. Our top 3 Safeties are SS types. Johnson has the potential to play Free but he obviously has to get healthy and he has to show if he has real NFL speed.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ok so at Sensy's price as a FA who is better? We can't just fill our secondary with 50 million dollar contracts and top 10 picks.

If Bernadeaux and Livings were half as solid for us as Sensabaugh was we're a playoff team. But Claiborne and Carr can't cover slants at all and McCray might as well be playing for the other team.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The first year of Brandon Carr's deal was $3.2M against the cap. Sensabaugh's cap hit will be $3.75M next year

Laron Landry's cap hit was $2.625M. I'm trying to think of what other free agent Safeties signed last year. There's no reason they couldn't sign someone like Jairus Byrd or Dashon Goldson to a similar deal to Brandon Carr (large signing bonus, small first year hit).

I just don't think continuing to pay Sensabaugh $3.75 M for mediocre play is a good idea. Doesn't exactly go with Garrett's "accountability" message. We really need a cover safety to team with Barry Church/Matt Johnson.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You got to let Spencer go. You just can't pay a 30 year old big money. That's bad money - even if he did have a great year.

I'd get rid of Vickers. Not worth it and saves the money.

Difficult decision with Miles.

Yeah, we're not going to be players in free agency at all. I'm okay with that.

Yep, get rid of Vickers, draft Jordan Reed in the 3rd round and go 2-TE 80% of offensive snaps.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Carr was awful this year, but that had to be coaching. He doesn't just go from being one of the best CBs in the league to one of the worst overnight.

Like I said, this whole coaching staff needs to be shitcanned. Reminds me of the Campo, Coslet, and other losers we had on staff during that last 5-11 season. Just a bunch of inept retards.

Carr wasn't one of the best CBs in the league. He rated like 15th in '11.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
With this cap mess, I can pretty much save you guys the kick in the dick next year.

Last in NFC east. 6-10, but we did go 4-0 in preseason. Orlando Scandrick hangs himself in the equipment room. Team bonds together to get on a little run. Garrett is saved again.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With this cap mess, I can pretty much save you guys the kick in the dick next year.

Last in NFC east. 6-10, but we did go 4-0 in preseason. Orlando Scandrick hangs himself in the equipment room. Team bonds together to get on a little run. Garrett is saved again.

Does that take his salary off the books or is that only in case of accidental death?

Top Bottom