Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Any of you tried the Taco Bell cantina bowls?

Whats the story on those things?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
dezdoink.gif

derp

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
jerry calls that progress bbgun. we learned a lot today...moral victories everywhere.

now that dez is in the right place, he might catch all the balls thrown right into his hands.

but if he doesnt that is ok too, we played hard.

buy a stadium tour ticket.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You're obviously looking for me to say Garrett and I agree which leads to Garrett sucks, fire him, etc, etc but the looming shadow hanging over this franchise is Jerry Jones and he doesn't value the head coaching position, has to have his sorry, ugly mug in everything and now that he has his stadium, I don't think he'll every relinquish control in such a way that will enable a coach to have the best chance at success. So all that will happen if Garrett is dumped is the beginning of yet another coaching carousel with a less than optimal coach that is hamstrung by the owner and his management structure.

So given the albatross (i.e. Jerry Jones) that comes with coaching this team, we're screwed. So I still say just let Garrett stay and learn on the job and hope he can improve where he is deficient. He's not perfect, but he's not stupid like many like to claim and is doing several good things imo. There is no perfect coach available and even if he was, I doubt Jerry would hire him or let him do his job without being hamstrung.

So given the goofy structure and mentality of the Cowboys organization, I feel like they're as good with Garrett as they would be with anyone Jerry would hire. I'm not saying he's the best man for the job but I do feel he is probably as good as the Cowboys are going to get considering what I wrote above.
Quit taking Garrett off the hook. We were better than this with Chan Gailey. With Wade Phillips. And they probably had less control than Garrett has.

What "several good things" is Garrett doing?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He put too much stress on his ankle complaining to the side judge. Did anyone notice him throw his hands up in disgust and then grab his leg?

Are you talking about Claiborne? Did you not see the Ravens WR use his entire forearm to shove Claiborne awkwardly into the ground and twist his knee?

He had a right to complain. They totally blew the call.

Reaction score
come on david... Dez went to the DB and shoved him in the facemask. If anything, it was offensive PI. It was a perfectly executed play, until Dez had to catch it. If he had used his hands, it would have been a tie game.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
why not show the entire play where the Raven DB is mugging Bryant the entire time?

get your eyes checked, homer

[video=youtube;1C4CbBMm70U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C4CbBMm70U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We should start a betting pool. What crazy way are we going to lose the Carolina game and etc for each week.

Might as well make money off of our misery.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We should start a betting pool. What crazy way are we going to lose the Carolina game and etc for each week.

Might as well make money off of our misery.

Here is how.

Murray, spencer, Jenkins, Claiborne, lissemore won't play.

Our line plays poor and we can't run, putting it all on romo.

With two weeks to prepare newton and smith find a way to exploit scandrick and whichever scrub plas in the nickel.

Then they hit some plays to Olsen and run the ball enough to move the chains.

Somehow we dig back into the game late only to get stopped on some insane way none of us have thought of yet.

Carolina scores late and it ends up looking really bad. Something like 24-10.

Then Garrett and Jerry tell us the giants ame is the game we have to have to stay in the race.

Btw, if the giants roll in 5-2 and we are 2-4 if we lose what is the difference between this season and 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom