Reaction score
We drafted projects and backups per Jerrah, per just about everyone, aside from one player. I'm supposed to be ok with this? It is pathetic that people continually defend how this team is run. This draft is just more evidence. Ignore the oline, and draft special team players and backups. You wait for your proof, this is the same shit Teh Jerrah has been doin for years.

Rob Ryan uses all his players. Get over the starter label, all of them will be used. You may be right that they will turn out horrible. I would rather wait and see for myself how it unfolds.

Reaction score
Rob Ryan uses all his players. Get over the starter label, all of them will be used. You may be right that all of them will turn out horrible, like you predicted. I would rather wait and see for myself how it unfolds.

I didn't say they would horrible. (well i think the safety will never make it out of camp) I said the draft was horrible.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Overview

Coale, a four-year starter, is served well by his thickness and balance when working out of the slot. He is savvy and can use his explosiveness in short areas to get open in zones. He thrives on making one player miss and getting upfield. He has the skillset to succeed at the next level and stands to be a fifth-round pick. He is a mature player who can step in right away, and will be attractive to teams looking for receiver depth.
Analysis

Strengths
Coale understands how to be a possession receiver and work across the field to gain separation when working against man or zone coverage. He is quick with his feet, both off the line of scrimmage and in his routes, and can gain a step to get open. He also understands how to throttle his routes down when working against zone coverage. He is heady enough to make an immediate impact in the NFL. While he will be productive underneath, he has the speed to stretch the field and the physicality and fearlessness to go across the middle.

Weaknesses
He's white. Coale can struggle against bigger corners if he doesn't separate immediately off the line. He also is limited with the ball in his hands after the catch, and generally just tries to do what he can. He isn't a reliable blocker outside and struggles to sustain and stay in front of his man when working in the run game. He will be serviceable, but likely won't be very explosive at the next level.

lol lol

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Honestly, this was a pretty underwhelming draft class. When you have Justin Blackmon going top 5, then you know something is terribly wrong.

No DL really stood out, other than Fletcher Cox. I loved Derek Wolfe, but he would have been a 4th rounder in great drafts.

All the NTs were meh. Pass-rushers too, although there were some interesting players such as Mercilus, Shea McClellin and Chandler Jones.

We all already know how bad the safety class was this year.

I agree there was depth at Oline, but mainly OG. We have 4 currently on the roster. The center class was just horrible.

I felt underwhelmed by this class after the 2nd round. So, not a very good draft overall. And I think teams agreed with me, seeing all the top athletes going higher than their college production would normally warrant.

Reaction score
wonder what dropped Fuller so much. Had he come out last year, a lot of people had him as a late 1st rounder. Even in this year's process some early mocks had him mid 2nd round. I think anyone who gets him at this point has a steal. Guy will fight for the football.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Honestly, this was a pretty underwhelming draft class. When you have Justin Blackmon going top 5, then you know something is terribly wrong.

No DL really stood out, other than Fletcher Cox. I loved Derek Wolfe, but he would have been a 4th rounder in great drafts.

All the NTs were meh. Pass-rushers too, although there were some interesting players such as Mercilus, Shea McClellin and Chandler Jones.

We all already know how bad the safety class was this year.

I agree there was depth at Oline, but mainly OG. We have 4 currently on the roster. The center class was just horrible.

I felt underwhelmed by this class after the 2nd round. So, not a very good draft overall. And I think teams agreed with me, seeing all the top athletes going higher than their college production would normally warrant.

Damn. Never thought I'd be agreeing with you.

Reaction score
Cowboy fans after we drafted Lee: He's not even gonna start! He got hurt last year! Gaaaawwww! Wasted pick!

I'm no homer gang, but let's at least see these kids in camp before we blast them as bums.

Top Bottom