sbk92

Reaction score
You sure? I'm convinced that no C-F regular can handle this place. We've been through atleast 5 that have been banned from there. Each time they start a thread bashing CF or create a sig bad mouthing the place, only to go back for spek and neck kisses.

I take the opposite approach to these guys. Stay or go, I don't give a shit. If they like being scolded and threatened by managemen then that's the place for them.

Martin79 tried that shit with me once, that's all I needed. I don't need some fat F sitting behind a computer acting like he's the interweb police.

Well, in ROD's case I think it's just an issue with traffic. He's used to a bigger board. It's an adjustment if you switch to this site.

I've been posting on small boards for years, so I don't mind it as much. The only advantage a big board has to me is you're more likely to find news there first. More members. More eyeballs.

But when every thread is 7 pages long and every other post is some moron GO COWBOYS! it gets to feeling more like a zoo than a fan forum.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just checked over at C-F, and they aren't much busier than we are at the moment.

Still busier there but not nearly as busy as they should be. We are pretty active for being such a smaller group.

lol

Are you in sales?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, in ROD's case I think it's just an issue with traffic. He's used to a bigger board. It's an adjustment if you switch to this site.

I've been posting on small boards for years, so I don't mind it as much. The only advantage a big board has to me is you're more likely to find news there first. More members. More eyeballs.

But when every thread is 7 pages long and every other post is some moron GO COWBOYS! it gets to feeling more like a zoo than a fan forum.

What I like about bigger boards is that there is always going to be an argument that you want to start with someone, or jump into. It's kind of hard to find that every time you log onto a smaller board because opinions aren't that varied.

sbk92

Reaction score
What I like about bigger boards is that there is always going to be an argument that you want to start with someone, or jump into. It's kind of hard to find that every time you log onto a smaller board because opinions aren't that varied.

Well we aren't all assholes, Bob.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

IDK,Bob,there's a pretty diverse bunch of opinions here.

FannyPack

Spectator
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't register an account on somewhere for 1 post but in this instance I thought it was appropriate since there are some shots taken at CF.

The first thing is that, yes, CF does have some rules which people may think are too strict or do not make sense. But we have them for a reason. Every forum, even outside of NFL forums are different. What's okay at one place isn't okay at another. That doesn't make one better or worse, it just makes it different in taste. We invite and welcome fans of all ages and backgrounds which mean our rules specifically have to be tailored for people of all ages. I don't know why users who don't appreciate this can't register across multiple Cowboy forums and when they're in the mood to talk a little trash, visit sites specific to that. We'd rather threads not diverge into flame posts and devalue the OP's points and opinions.

That's not a knock on here or any other cowboy forum, but rules are made for a reason. If no place had rules or policies they wouldn't really need moderators or admins.

Just thought I'd clarify some of this. Since I'm sure misinformation is going to be put out there. I'd also like to comment that it doesn't look good on DCU part or RIDE's part, that he's admitting to intentionally avoiding bans, should you ever (For whatever reasons) have to ban him yourself.

Good day.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't register an account on somewhere for 1 post but in this instance I thought it was appropriate since there are some shots taken at CF.

The first thing is that, yes, CF does have some rules which people may think are too strict or do not make sense. But we have them for a reason. Every forum, even outside of NFL forums are different. What's okay at one place isn't okay at another. That doesn't make one better or worse, it just makes it different in taste. We invite and welcome fans of all ages and backgrounds which mean our rules specifically have to be tailored for people of all ages. I don't know why users who don't appreciate this can't register across multiple Cowboy forums and when they're in the mood to talk a little trash, visit sites specific to that. We'd rather threads not diverge into flame posts and devalue the OP's points and opinions.

That's not a knock on here or any other cowboy forum, but rules are made for a reason. If no place had rules or policies they wouldn't really need moderators or admins.

Just thought I'd clarify some of this. Since I'm sure misinformation is going to be put out there. I'd also like to comment that it doesn't look good on DCU part or RIDE's part, that he's admitting to intentionally avoiding bans, should you ever (For whatever reasons) have to ban him yourself.

Good day.

Anything else?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think we could have lived without that masterpiece.

Basically you said that CF has rules, and Ride or die has disappointed you greatly.

I don't get off on banning people or playing judge and jury. I'm not worried about ROD having to sign up here multiple times. Besides, he's probably already back at CF. Better get back over there and get the dogs after him.

sbk92

Reaction score
I actually agree with a lot of what FannyPack said.

But you have to expect a long time member of a board to vent after a banning like that. It's just human nature. I would have reacted way worse than what ROD did.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I actually agree with a lot of what FannyPack said.

But you have to expect a long time member of a board to vent after a banning like that. It's just human nature. I would have reacted way worse than what ROD did.

The banning that ROD got was horse shit. Especially for a long time member. Any Mod or Admin that would have voted for that ban ought to be ashamed of themselves, really.

Martin79 was just as much in the wrong as ROD was.

sbk92

Reaction score
The banning that ROD got was horse shit. Especially for a long time member. Any Mod or Admin that would have voted for that ban ought to be ashamed of themselves, really.

Martin79 was just as much in the wrong as ROD was.

I wasn't saying that. I'm agreeing with him on the different rules of these boards and how there's a home for everyone.

I wasn't there when the banning went down. I just know ROD is not someone I would ever feel the need to ban.

C

Cr122

Well not for nothing FannyPack, but don't you think there has been a fair share of bad mouthing about us as well.

You know Ba'al was here at one point among others, and now that he has been banned I'm sure he's getting his fair shots at us at the Spek Republic.

I know your an Admin at C-F so you must know what has gone down here. Shit, JMac has been here talking shit about C-F. I don't want to take shots back and fourth, but hey.

FannyPack

Spectator
Reaction score
Well not for nothing FannyPack, but don't you think there has been a fair share of bad mouthing about us as well.

You know Ba'al was here at one point among others, and now that he has been banned I'm sure he's getting his fair shots at us at the Spek Republic.

I know your an Admin at C-F so you must know what has gone down here. Shit, JMac has been here talking shit about C-F. I don't want to take shots back and fourth, but hey.
Yeah I'm not here for that reason either. I just felt I could be a small voice from the other side, since I felt CF may not of been portrayed exactly right. Though this is your house and I'm not here to pee on it, just clarify some things about our own rules and policies that I think ROD is mocking, rather than accepting responsibility for.

Long time members lose their accounts across forums everywhere. CF, CZ, non-football sites. No one, not even staff, is above the rules. It's just that when people disagree on a decision or staff member, rather than follow the proper avenues of addressing that issue, they publicly slam the forum.

Anyway I've said my piece and again, am not here to stir up trouble.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
One question...

How does it not look good on DCU's part that ROD said that he's going to go back to CF and create another account?

What does that have to do with DCU? Other than the fact that he posted it here, it has nothing to do with my site.

FannyPack

Spectator
Reaction score
One question...

How does it not look good on DCU's part that ROD said that he's going to go back to CF and create another account?

What does that have to do with DCU? Other than the fact that he posted it here, it has nothing to do with my site.

You're probably right about that. It doesn't look bad on the forums part since no one from here advocated that type of behavior. I guess what I mean is, there may be an instance where you had to get rid of a user, especially using the same forum software, and having someone openly admit they're evading a ban you could expect to deal with the same thing.

Though, I've never personally had trouble with ROD. I've been on hiatus for a while and came back and got up to speed on the events. I think it's sad really, but there are various forums where certain behaviors are acceptable, I don't know why it couldn't be as simple as that, rather than alienate yourself from your friends and cause trouble. If you have some disagreements with some staff members, address it privately with them rather than attempt to make our whole community look bad.

But it's beginning to look a bit amateur on my part to have ventured over here to discuss matters unrelated to DCU, so this will be my last post directly related to this subject.

Top Bottom