Reaction score
O/U set at 54

Patriots favored -7

---

calvinwatkins Calvin Watkins
Marcus Spears on Brady: "He's the guy that makes that offense tick. We got our work cut out for us but we feel good about who we are too."

----

tom-brady-stetson.jpg

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I fear Brady.

But the name of the game is winning the division so regardless of this week I am in good spirits...

We can win this division

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Welker/Brady scares me.

It's crazy how many other weapons that offense has.

Watching them yesterday, it seems like they have 15 WRs, 7 RBs, and 12 TEs.

Brady isn't afraid to throw to any of them. I'm just hoping it doesnt get way out of hand. I can deal with a 10-14 point loss, but anything more could be the nail in this teams confidence.

I think the Cowboys can win. If they are to win, it'll take a 2 minute drive at the end and probably come down to depending on Bailey again.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I fear Brady.

But the name of the game is winning the division so regardless of this week I am in good spirits...

We can win this division

I don't. I fear Belicek. But you are right about the rest.

Reaction score
You fantasy freaks are ruining everything. Im trying to watch the games yesterday and the only thing they showed on the crawl on the bottom is:McFadden 6 carries/12 yards. How about the scores of the actual games?

Reaction score
You fantasy freaks are ruining everything. Im trying to watch the games yesterday and the only thing they showed on the crawl on the bottom is:McFadden 6 carries/12 yards. How about the scores of the actual games?

They actually show those too, if you look long enough.

Reaction score
DARREN ROSS WINNIPEG, MB :Are you guys secretly and maybe surprisingly confident about the Cowboys' chances going to New England this week? I ask because of the combination of coming off a bye and Rob Ryan's success against the Pats with Cleveland last year.

Rob: I am optimistic about their chances Sunday, and the matchup reminds me of their trip to New Orleans in 2009. The Cowboys won that game because they got an early lead, they had no turnovers and the defense held the Saints under 20 points. Sounds like the right combination Sunday. The last goal will be the toughest.

Josh:Well, I don't know that anybody should ever be confident going to New England. But one thing I know about this game is that just when you think you have things figured out, you get surprised. The Cowboys were down after Week 4, and it's just the way things go in the NFL that they could very easily be on a high again. It'll take a great performance, though.

DEE NICE BUFFALO, NY:I want the TV pundits to crucify all the other, horrible, choking quarterback performances this season. Matt Schaub, Michael Vick and Eli Manning on Sunday were in the same boat Tony Romo was against Detroit. Even Tom Brady threw four picks to Buffalo a couple weeks back. Your thoughts? Why does Tony Romo get it when others don't?

Rob: Mostly because he hasn't won a Super Bowl, but some of those quarterbacks you mentioned haven't either. It's the franchise he plays for and the legacy of greats he's following here. Danny White had the same burden, and he was pretty darn good. Now, none of this excuses the mistakes Romo has made in two losses, but there's a tendency by some to evaluate this guy on a week-to-week basis. He's not a Super Bowl champion, but I think he has earned more latitude than that.

Josh: I think it has everything to do with the fact he plays for the Cowboys. They're either loved or hated, and people enjoy reveling in it when they fail. The other thing is he truly does go through some wild swings from time to time, and it's hard for folks to compute how he can be doing so well, then so poorly with the flip of a switch. There's always been more good than bad, though, and that's why he has a great record as a starter. Truth to be told, nobody cares about the Texans, and even as high-profile as the Eagles and Giants are, no one is jealous of them. That's why the Cowboys, and their quarterback, are so hated. My advice would be to not worry about what the pundits say.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
is this a big game?

I want to know in' advance so I know if we stand a chance with romo at qb.

Reaction score
Inside the numbers: Expect a shootout when Cowboys and Patriots get together

BARRY HORN
Staff Writer

47.4 -- Tom Brady has thrown for a league-leading 1,874 yards in five games (374.0 average). But the Patriots' defense has yielded 1,633 yards (326.6). That's dead last in the NFL and makes for a slim differential of 47.4 yards per game.

88.2 -- The Cowboys are more a middle-of-the-pack team when it comes to passing yardage -- for and against. Tony Romo has thrown for 1,273 yards, which translates to an average of 318.2 yards for four games. He ranks ninth among quarterbacks. The defense (No. 14 in the league) has allowed 920 passing yards, which comes to 230 per game and a differential of 88.2 yards.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
High scoring game with both teams in the 30's. I don't like our chances if Brady and Co. have the ball last. The way we are trending this year you could say the same if the balls in Romo's hands in the final minutes. This is the type of high profile game that this team usually ends up on the short end of the stick. A big win in Foxboro would do wonders to swing that pendulum from pretenders to contenders should we pull out a W.

Reaction score
The Patriots are not going to hang 30 on us.

We might on them, but they're going to struggle to score on us. I'd say 20 tops.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
The Patriots are not going to hang 30 on us.

We might on them, but they're going to struggle to score on us. I'd say 20 tops.

If we hold the Pats to 20 points or less on their home turf then Ryan deserves a raise and a medal.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
He will do it. Maybe... maybe they get around 24. But it's not going to be a shoot out.

I wish I had your optimism but I envision Brady exploiting the middle of the field often with Welker, Hernandez, and Gronkowski.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

Confident? I think this could be a game that gets out of hand.

If our DBs give a cushion to Welker and Eddlemen, they'll kill us with that zero route.

I'd press Welker and give him his 7 yard receptions. Don't give him room to run after the catch.

The way Brady force feeds the ball to the TEs, Sean Lee will probably have a chance to pick off a ball or two over the middle. We'll need to be at least +2 in the turnover column to pull out a win.

38-35 game.

Top Bottom