dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Discuss:

[video=youtube;z-V6103dPAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-V6103dPAs[/video]

Reaction score
Didn't like the pick, and I didn't like the Carter pick either. Hopefully I am wrong.

That highlight reel was impressive though.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like the pick, just not in the 3rd round. I'm with Midswat on preferring Rackley. I think Murry could have and would have been still available in the 4th. In fact, from rounds 3 -7, I think all those picks could have been taken a round later. Arkin I believe would have been there in the 5th; I think Josh Thomas would have been there as far as in the 7th; I think we got good value for Dwayne Harris in the 6th round, I'm good with the Chapas pick---would have preferred Hynoski, whomever gets Gronkowski out of here; and I think that the Nagy pick was a wasted pick.

But I like the Murray pick.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
cant wait to see him in preseason.

Particularly I cant wait to see him running on the edge with two athletic tackles and the return of jon phillips.

Can not wait to see how the running game comes together next month.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
cant wait to see him in preseason.

Particularly I cant wait to see him running on the edge with two athletic tackles and the return of jon phillips.

Can not wait to see how the running game comes together next month.

It's going to depend on who shows they want it.

I too,think we could have gotten Murray in a later round.

If he produces,I won't be too unhappy about it though.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I didn't care much for the pick when it happened. Now I'm hoping he's the starter by years end. He reminds me a lot of Darren McFadden, only he seems to absorb and bounce off contact a lot smoother.

His upright running style worries me, but he seems like a dynamic back.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's going to depend on who shows they want it.

I too,think we could have gotten Murray in a later round.

If he produces,I won't be too unhappy about it though.

I guess I just have a different viewpoint on it. I look at the addition of smith, the return of phillips, the addition of chappas and murray and who knows maybe a new guard...but I am not buying a new guard right now....

I look at that all as one thing. I think Watching the team down the stretch with free at right tackle and phillips at the h back and we were a terrific running team. I expect that all the time this year. Both edges are going to have strong athletic tackles to go with chappas/phillips in front of two big fast running backs.

I think we are going to be pretty tough on the edges and the backs catching the ball is going to be a very difficult matchup. Teams like the giants like to come downhill on us. With the ability to throw it to the backs with their size and speed I think the potential is as good as we will have seen in it here in years.

I really can not wait to see this new unit in august.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't care much for the pick when it happened. Now I'm hoping he's the starter by years end. He reminds me a lot of Darren McFadden, only he seems to absorb and bounce off contact a lot smoother.

His upright running style worries me, but he seems like a dynamic back.

Eric Dickerson ran pretty upright. Adrian Peterson runs upright alot. Not saying Murray is close to either, but its been done.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Eric Dickerson ran pretty upright. Adrian Peterson runs upright alot. Not saying Murray is close to either, but its been done.

Yeah, I'm more worried about longevity if he's the kind of back I think he'll be.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I guess I just have a different viewpoint on it. I look at the addition of smith, the return of phillips, the addition of chappas and murray and who knows maybe a new guard...but I am not buying a new guard right now....

I look at that all as one thing. I think Watching the team down the stretch with free at right tackle and phillips at the h back and we were a terrific running team. I expect that all the time this year. Both edges are going to have strong athletic tackles to go with chappas/phillips in front of two big fast running backs.

I think we are going to be pretty tough on the edges and the backs catching the ball is going to be a very difficult matchup. Teams like the giants like to come downhill on us. With the ability to throw it to the backs with their size and speed I think the potential is as good as we will have seen in it here in years.

With Smith on the right side or Free, we'll get to run bubble screens to that side, which we couldn't do with either Barron or Colombo.

C

Cr122

Loved the pick. Murray is going to be a good player for us.

~Believe~

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like Murray, hated the pick. We have pure garbage at safety and then 4 (soon to be 3) RB's.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

I'm not sure we see it differently Theebs.

I think it should be a pretty good camp battle between Murray n Jones.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Didn't like the pick, and I didn't like the Carter pick either. Hopefully I am wrong.

That highlight reel was impressive though.

I'm completely the opposite because I loved both the Murray and Carter picks.

I think Murray is going to be what Felix was supposed to be.

Carter is my favorite of the draft class... Can't wait to see how he develops over this season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Murray, hated the pick. We have pure garbage at safety and then 4 (soon to be 3) RB's.

There was pretty much garbage available for safeties in this draft though. Drafting lesser talent rarely works.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah upright one cut runner, like DMac or Larry Johnson, etc. If there's a crease he's gone but don't expect him to create alot on his own, like Felix does.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There was pretty much garbage available for safeties in this draft though. Drafting lesser talent rarely works.

The guys who evaluate the "available safeties" are the same braintrust who thought Alan Ball was adequate in 2010. We can't keep ignoring the position.

Top Bottom