C

Cr122

Sony says "additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required" to restart service after last month's security breach.

Sony has pushed back its anticipated restart of PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services, saying in a new PlayStation blog post that "additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required." It did not offer expectations as to when the services might be back online.
Sony had reported on April 30 that it expected some services to resume within a week. The new blog post explains: "We were unaware (on April 30) of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system."
Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity have been down since April 20 after an unauthorized person hacked into the accounts of an estimated 77 million users, gaining access to names, addresses, passwords and possibly credit card information. Information from Sony Online Entertainment also was stolen, which could mean that an additional 24.6 million users might be affected by the breach.
STORY: House Subcommittee Criticizes PlayStation Security Breach
Sony reported May 5 that it had started the process of restoring service through internal testing. "We're still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system," the new blog post explains. "Our utmost priorities are the security of the network and ensuring your data is safe. We won't restore the services until we can test the system's strength in these respects."
Last week, Sony said that it believes it has identified how the data breach occurred but not who is responsible.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Credit card info if you buy shit through the PS3 network.

I've done it, but I'm not too worried. Nothing has happened to my account yet.

You should be seeing the bill for all that cool shit I bought at BestBuy any day now.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

But wouldn't that only affect those that save that info so that when they keep coming back they don't have to constantly retype it? If you only type it each time and not save it, I don't think you should worry about it.

C

Cr122

But wouldn't that only affect those that save that info so that when they keep coming back they don't have to constantly retype it? If you only type it each time and not save it, I don't think you should worry about it.

Are you the one who hacked the network? lol

C

Cr122

It sucks that we haven't been able to play online though.

Some friends of mine have sold their PS3s, and bought the 360 again because of this.

Cythim

Reaction score

Wells Fargo detected some fraudulent activity on my card two weeks ago so we had to replace them. It was only a $1 charge, presumably checking available funds before going shopping. It is good to have a bank that will shut it down before any serious damage occurs. It is also good to have a bank that is well insured to cover these things when they do get serious.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wells Fargo detected some fraudulent activity on my card two weeks ago so we had to replace them. It was only a $1 charge, presumably checking available funds before going shopping. It is good to have a bank that will shut it down before any serious damage occurs. It is also good to have a bank that is well insured to cover these things when they do get serious.

Wells Fargo. I banked with them before I got married, then we went to a CU.

I'm not worried about this PS3 hack job having an impact on my account. The card I used on the PS3 network rarely has more than $100 in that particular account.

It's gotta be a crappy deal though when people have that kinda stuff happen to them.

Cythim

Reaction score
Yeah, it is pretty crappy. The first time it happened to me someone in Italy spent $500 but my bank recouped that money for us. It sucks when I go out of my way to protect my information just so some other asshole can let it leak out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I used to kick ass on this:

2616407024_a8e0ee4965.jpg

C

Cr122

I remember this game well. My, how technology has changed.

[video=youtube;2XdQfDVzQ_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XdQfDVzQ_s[/video]

Top Bottom