dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Train wreck. Rock Bottom. Total and utter failure.

You pick the terms to describe futility, and it pretty much fits here.

Been watching football since 75, this version of the Cowboys has to go down as doing the least with the most in the history of the league, and certainly since the time I began watching it.

1) Jerry, you want fan forgiveness? Then act like you "get it" and run that doof Wade today. There's no reason whatsoever to keep him. The ONLY reason to keep him was for his defensive expertise, and now the defense is probably the worst in the NFL. He's totally lost the team, no matter what ny of them say publicly for him.

2) Phil Simms' comments should pretty much be sealing the doom for Wade. Its embarrassing. These last two games have been a joke defensively. Seriously Wade, there's gotta be more than two plays in your playbook. That crap is Zimmer-esque.

3) Positives- Jon Kitna...deserved much better than what he got. Dez Bryant. Kid is just amazing, they nailed it with him big time. Buehler. Pretty **** sad, he's a positive because he made his FG attempt. I guess I give props to Newman too, trying to play after reportedly taking multiple injections. At least he cares. I suspect he might be out a couple weeks now though. Which is gonna hurt.

4) We got beat badly at home, by a team that had been basically lambasted in all their losses this year. We're now 0-4 at home. A season that started with championship aspirations has sunk so low that not even halfway through the season, home fans have bags on their heads.

5) I think we're a shoe in for a top 5 pick, and honestly its hard for me to see us winning more than 2 more games this year. We might even end u with the 1st pick overall.

6) Miles Austin...COME ON MAN. You run great routes and can display amazing hands at times (and did on a couple of thoser grabs yesterday) but you gotta quit dropping some of these easy ones. Even though he's dropped a few too many, he's still on pace for almost 100 catches and 1500 yds. **** good player. Cant believe we actually have fools questioning why we signed him to a longterm deal.

7) The more I watch Stanford, the more I like Jim Harbaugh. Though I wonder if he really wants to even try the NFL. If we didnt have Romo already, I'd say Andrew Luck would be a potential great add considering our likely draft position, but drafting them (QB's) that high is such a risk, and he'd really be more of a luxury pick. I also doubt any big name coach we do add would be willing to wait on Luck, when you could go with Romo and upgrade other areas, and be right back in the mix next year.

8) Glad to see Brent get more PT, and Lissemore as well. Cant say I noticed much, if any difference from Lissmore to guys like Hatcher, Bowen or Olshansky. Nobody has mentioned it any that I've seen, but I think the loss of Grantham, and him being replace by Pasqualoni was a HUGE loss. The DL (incl Ratliff) has taken a huge step back, especially vs the run. And Wade hired Pasqualoni virtually the second he was let go in Miami without even considering anyone else. This guy cant coach. I didnt think he was any good when he was here before, he was terrible in Miami and he's been lousy here again.

9) Absolutely, positively no reason not to start playing guys like Lee, Church, McCray and some of the young OL. I'd call up Bright (been saying it for weeks) to let him get some G reps. Young should probably start seeing some PT at RT but at the very least, you gotta put Barron out there for Colombo. Him and Davis are just embarrassingly bad. I'd also bring up McCann and start letting him get some reps at CB. Cant be much worse than Scandrick. Plus it looks like Newman might miss some games anayway.

10) Its not time to play McGee for Kitna, but I'd definitely consider it the last 3-4 games of the season. I would start getting him more and more reps in practice though.

11) Hey Barber, there's this thing instinctive players do when they get close to the GL and see they cant run in, its called REACH OUT WITH THE BALL. That first run on the GL should have been an easy TD. This guy shouldnt get anymore PT here unless Jones or Choice got hurt.

Break out the Pepto, liquor and Tylenol...its gonna be a long one.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Great read. Thanks for it.

Jerry gets no forgiveness what so ever. He would be doing the franchise, himself, and the fans a favor by stepping down as the GM/Asst coach/coord/scouting,PR guy. I swear, does any owner do MORE interviews than this guy? It's a joke.

Hell, THIS defense, or poor excuse of a defense is making me MISS the Zimmer defense. And I couldn't stand that defense. lol

Yes, Dez is definately gonna be a player in this league, for a while. He is just that great. Props to Newman. It will be a loss, but, at this point. Doesn't really matter. I watched the Saints last night, playin with 3 safeties at DB and succeeding. Coaching, coaching.

Dallas has been terrible in the new home. Might as well of rebuilt Texas Stadium. Save some coin.

If Dallas does get in the top 5 for draft picks. Here's to hoping they trade down. Unless a stud RB is sitting there. Naw, still trade down. They need more then one player.

Miles, Miles, Miles, Focus bro, focus.

I can't comment on the Stanford thing. Don't know anything about Harbaugh.

I do like what I saw from Brent as well. he has a motor. Congrats on Lissmore fighting through the hands to the face and hold to get the sack.

Definately time to start evaluating younger talent. Won't hurt to play em. Find out what they got.

I agree with McGee getting some games in too. Towards the end. Hopefully they let him let it loose, not just checkdown passes.

I am 100% done with Barber. If doesn't play another down, good with me. He hurts this offense. Personally, I don't really care for any of the RB's Dallas has. If I am keeping one though, it is Jones.

Jack and Coke has been flying for weeks now. LOL. I am pretty sure I am keeping my local store in business with my purchases. He is becoming a Cowboys fan because of me spending so much money there.

It is time for this coaching staff and team to just go out and play balls out football. I just don't see it happening. I see players just collecting a check. Especially saw that on Sunday.

Reaction score
Am I the only one, when we were 3rd/4th and goal from inside the 1 before halftime, yelling "WHY?" pre-snap when it was Barber in there?

Can we stop with the "Barber is a great short yardage back" BS?

I know we can't run block for shat . . . but Barber has dead legs, and is a mere shell of himself. Don't let his post run gyrations fool you. This isn't 2007 anymore. He's done.

Oh . . . and I hope Alan Ball goes home and finds his family in a pool of blood. I hate him that much.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing about Barber. The idiot didn't reach out and missed the goalline by inches.

Austin needs to stop playing volleyball out there. I noticed he took off those white oven mitts and had some black gloves on in the second half.

It's time to start playing every capable young player we have, agreed. I'd like to see Brent moved to NT and Rat moved to DE next year in place of Spears. It would really prolong his career as well.

Players I want to see gone next year:

Kosier
Davis
Colombo
Barber
Spears
Hatcher
Jason Williams
Brooking
James
Scandrick
Ball
And all of the coaching staff

Last edited:

Plymkr

Reaction score
Oh . . . and I hope Alan Ball goes home and finds his family in a pool of blood. I hate him that much.

Okay, I know you are kidding with that shit. But, to me. Typing that shit is worse than the word fuck being used too much.

I mean, hell, what did the pool do to you anyhow? heheheheheheheeh

Playeres I want to see gone next year:

Kosier
Davis
Colombo
Barber
Spears
Hatcher
Jason Williams
Brooking
James
Scandrick
Ball

I agree with this 100%..

I also want to add to the list.

Spencer,, what a joke.
Gurode...
Bennett
Newman. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT.
Sensey

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
People who suggest moving an All-Pro to a different position deserve to get punched in the throat.

He could do the same thing at DE that he's doing at NT. If Brent can play NT I'd do it. It would take care of the DE position and prolong Rat's career.

sdogo

Reaction score
Been watching football since 75, this version of the Cowboys has to go down as doing the least with the most in the history of the league, and certainly since the time I began watching it.

Most people will tell you the 1989 season was about as down as any they have watched. I disagree 100%, this is simply the most embarrassed I have ever been as a Cowboys fan. I enjoyed watching that 89 team. They played with heart and passion. I'm almost certain they would hand this team another loss.

1) Jerry, you want fan forgiveness? Then act like you "get it" and run that doof Wade today. There's no reason whatsoever to keep him. The ONLY reason to keep him was for his defensive expertise, and now the defense is probably the worst in the NFL. He's totally lost the team, no matter what ny of them say publicly for him.

I can see why Jerry would not go outside the current structure to find a coach. With the uncertainty of the CBA and the no win situation Dallas presents right now it's just not a good idea but for the love of good. Give the headset to Garrett and see what he can do. What is there to lose? If he's your next HC you just gave him a 3 month running start. If things crumble even more then maybe you saved yourself the trouble. I just dont get it.

3) Positives- Jon Kitna...deserved much better than what he got. Dez Bryant. Kid is just amazing, they nailed it with him big time. Buehler. Pretty **** sad, he's a positive because he made his FG attempt. I guess I give props to Newman too, trying to play after reportedly taking multiple injections. At least he cares. I suspect he might be out a couple weeks now though. Which is gonna hurt.

Kitna did just what you need of a backup QB. He drove the bus. It's too bad the defense put sugar in the tank. AS far as Buehler I'm real interested in seeing how he does the rest of the year. I think Dallas has a huge decision to make with him and I would basically use the last 9 games as a tryout.

Dez Bryant.........the kid needs is own thread.

4) We got beat badly at home, by a team that had been basically lambasted in all their losses this year. We're now 0-4 at home. A season that started with championship aspirations has sunk so low that not even halfway through the season, home fans have bags on their heads.

A bagged face is a bagged ass in a seat to Jerry. Unfortunately this will transform from a bagged face Cowboys fan to fans of the opponents as the year goes on and Jerry wont give a damn again because it's an ass in a seat. If Jerry knows how to do one thing it's make money. The Cowboys could be 0-16 but the Cowboys are not where he makes the money in the stadium. It's all the other BS crap he books there. He looks more like a white Don King then the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

5) I think we're a shoe in for a top 5 pick, and honestly its hard for me to see us winning more than 2 more games this year. We might even end u with the 1st pick overall.

I was giving a serious look at the remaining schedules for all the teams in the top 10 last night. I see the Bills with 2 wins at most and Carolina 3. Now the interesting part is the rest of the 2 win teams all have a legitimate chance at 5 to 6 wins. I dont see Dallas getting 5 more let alone 4. I think Dallas can win 2-3 more games and still safely secure a top 5 pick.

8) Glad to see Brent get more PT, and Lissemore as well. Cant say I noticed much, if any difference from Lissmore to guys like Hatcher, Bowen or Olshansky. Nobody has mentioned it any that I've seen, but I think the loss of Grantham, and him being replace by Pasqualoni was a HUGE loss. The DL (incl Ratliff) has taken a huge step back, especially vs the run. And Wade hired Pasqualoni virtually the second he was let go in Miami without even considering anyone else. This guy cant coach. I didnt think he was any good when he was here before, he was terrible in Miami and he's been lousy here again.

It's about the only thing Wade did right yesterday. It's time to get these young guys on the field. AOA needs to be playing more as well. Get the kid on the field. Better now then when your forced to put him in.

As far as Pasqualoni............dont even get me started. I ran his football camp at Syracuse for 3 years. I have known the guy for 20. I would not hire him to teach my kids the "art of bad coaching" let alone hire him to coach a pro team.

10) Its not time to play McGee for Kitna, but I'd definitely consider it the last 3-4 games of the season. I would start getting him more and more reps in practice though.

I'm thinking you give the kid the last 4 games of the season and see how he does. It's a good time frame because you can get a reading on his ability to adjust and learn with having to face the Eagles twice in those 4 weeks.

11) Hey Barber, there's this thing instinctive players do when they get close to the GL and see they cant run in, its called REACH OUT WITH THE BALL. That first run on the GL should have been an easy TD. This guy shouldnt get anymore PT here unless Jones or Choice got hurt.

My fear is we are going to lose Choice and Barber will fat cat the rest of his contract. IMO, this would be another roster blunder on Jones resume that may find it's way to the top of the list once Choice starts laying it down for another team and the Cowboys are left an overpaid "dancing with the stars behind the line of scrimmage" wannabe

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Spencer,, what a joke.
Gurode...
Bennett
Sensey

Butler plays better than Spencer does but Spencer is one of the guys who would leave here and be dominant for the next 7 years. We just need to find a way to motivate him.
Same with Bennett
I would love to send Newman packing but we sure as hell don't have anyone to replace him
Sensey...I'd sign him to another 1 year contract. If he doesn't like it he can hit the road.

Reaction score
Kitna did just what you need of a backup QB. He drove the bus. It's too bad the defense put sugar in the tank. AS far as Buehler I'm real interested in seeing how he does the rest of the year. I think Dallas has a huge decision to make with him and I would basically use the last 9 games as a tryout.

I was actually very impressed with Kitna. I thought he played exceptionally well, considering the cirucmstances.

It was only one game, of course, and against a bad defense . . . but he certainly played well enough yesterday that, had the rest of our team (minus a few players) not completely given up, I think we still could've salvaged a few wins in Romos absence.

Dez Bryant.........the kid needs is own thread.

I love him. I'm legally changing my sons names to Dez and Bryant.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Good day after stuff as usual,DBair.

I'll just hit the high spots,good thread by all.

Dez:He is a gamer.Higher praise I cannot give.If this kid ever puts on another teams uniform,he'd better be 50 years old & lame in both legs.

Kitna:Drove the bus.Perfect.Played about like I thought he would.Had the couple of picks I thought he might throw,and a couple the girls volleyball team would have been proud of.Otherwise,not bad at all.

As for the rest,well,David Oreck should get this defense into his research facility,ASAP.It's hard to equate the performance of this unit to what we saw only a few short months ago.Why does it take Phil "Morehead" Simms to let out the news the Cowboys blitzes are recognizable from the space station?We've all known it since August.

As for who should go and who should stay,bear in mind there are ex-Cowboys contributing all over the league.Hard to judge a player's true worth under this regime.

Plymkr

Reaction score
As for who should go and who should stay,bear in mind there are ex-Cowboys contributing all over the league.Hard to judge a player's true worth under this regime.

Hmm, that is a great point. Possibly is a chance for some of the players under a different regime in Dallas.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Okay, I know you are kidding with that shit. But, to me. Typing that shit is worse than the word fuck being used too much.

I mean, hell, what did the pool do to you anyhow? heheheheheheheeh

Playeres I want to see gone next year:

Kosier
Davis
Colombo
Barber
Spears
Hatcher
Jason Williams
Brooking
James
Scandrick
Ball

I agree with this 100%..

Agree 200% with the exception of Jason Williams. You need to add Barron to that list.

I also want to add to the list.

Spencer,, what a joke.
Gurode...
Bennett
Sensey

I disagree here. I'd keep Spencer and Newman.

I think we should scrap the 3-4 and go back to the 4-3. I am a big fan of the 3-4 but one of the main problems with the 3-4 is that it is much harder to draft for the 3-4 than it is for the 4-3. In addition, we have not found anyone the can run it well with any consistantcy.

To the people that suggest moving Ratliff from NT to DE, I'm inclined to agree with Midswat: you need a punch in the throat. LOL.

If extending Ratliff's playing career is the goal, then I personally think that switching to the 4-3 accomplishes that moreso than moving him to DE in the 3-4.

I think we should keep Spencer and Jason Williams. I think both would be able to thrive in the 4-3. Spencer at the other end opposite of Ware, and try Jason as a 4-3 OLB.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Ratliff can move over and continue his high play and Brent can clog the middle at NT then why not? Spears is a ghost during the games and he'll be gone after this year anyway.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Butler plays better than Spencer does but Spencer is one of the guys who would leave here and be dominant for the next 7 years. We just need to find a way to motivate him.
Same with Bennett
I would love to send Newman packing but we sure as hell don't have anyone to replace him
Sensey...I'd sign him to another 1 year contract. If he doesn't like it he can hit the road.

Why the hell would you sign this goon back? I know that the 2 safety positions are supposed to be interchangeable, but it's ridiculous how much a non-factor he is in the running game as a strong safety for us.

He was also supposed to be able to line up on receivers in the slot, but Hakeem Nicks made him look like a high schooler the other game.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the 3-4 but one of the main problems with the 3-4 is that it is much harder to draft for the 3-4 than it is for the 4-3. In addition, we have not found anyone the can run it well with any consistantcy.

To the people that suggest moving Ratliff from NT to DE, I'm inclined to agree with Midswat: you need a punch in the throat. LOL.

If extending Ratliff's playing career is the goal, then I personally think that switching to the 4-3 accomplishes that moreso than moving him to DE in the 3-4.

I think we should keep Spencer and Jason Williams. I think both would be able to thrive in the 4-3. Spencer at the other end opposite of Ware, and try Jason as a 4-3 OLB.

Actually with so many smallish DEs in the college ranks, it's easier to find 2 quality OLBs in the 3-4 than it is to find 2 quality DEs in the 4-3.

Plus you can plug college DTs in all 3 line spots. And they don't have to be athletic.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Actually with so many smallish DEs in the college ranks, it's easier to find 2 quality OLBs in the 3-4 than it is to find 2 quality DEs in the 4-3.

Plus you can plug college DTs in all 3 line spots.

Ok. But what about the ILBs? It's easier to find players to play on the DLine in the 4-3 as opposed to the 3-4. Fact is, there is more emphasis on the Dline in a 4-3 than in the 3-4. You have a decent 4-3 Dline, and you can get away with marginal players at the LB spot.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ok. But what about the ILBs? It's easier to find players to play on the DLine in the 4-3 as opposed to the 3-4. Fact is, there is more emphasis on the Dline in a 4-3 than in the 3-4. You have a decent 4-3 Dline, and you can get away with marginal players at the LB spot.

You can get 3-4 ILBs by converting 4-3 OLBs in college to there. Or you could just keep a college MLB at ILB.

And you can't always get away with having marginal players at the LB spot as some 4-3 Ds run the tampa-2.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You can get 3-4 ILBs by converting 4-3 OLBs in college to there. Or you could just keep a college MLB at ILB.

And you can't always get away with having marginal players at the LB spot as some 4-3 Ds run the tampa-2.

Of course you can. But that doesn't always work. You can't? Tell that to the Giants and Colts. Bottomline is, we need to scrap the 3-4 and go back to the 4-3.

sbk92

Reaction score

Plus you can plug college DTs in all 3 line spots. And they don't have to be athletic.

Yep. It's much easier to find pass rushing LBs than it is a pass rush end capable of also holding up in the run game.

Top Bottom