yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's about when the Cowboys were a dynasty and how the 49ers finally beat us (I forgot we had their number until "The Catch" game). The next part looks like its gonna be about how the team of the 90's regained the throne.

I enjoy watching these shows but also get depressed on what a joke a once proud franchise has become under jerris ownership.

We're on the path of the Browns. The Browns used to be the best team for a decade with an innovative coach until a cocky owner bought the browns, Modell, ran off their great coach and they have sucked ever since. Almost 50 years of futility since their glory days with no let up in sight. Like the Cowboys currently with 20 years of suckage and no end in sight. The similarities are scary.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Similarities of the idiot fans of the two teams are scary too. It's "our year" every year for most ALL brown fans, and sadly it's gotten that way for way too high percentage of Dallas fans too. Dallas fans used to have some guarded optimism at the beginning of every season, emphasis on the word "guarded" because we used to be smart enough to know when the team stinks. Even in the 70s. Now for the most part it's "Super Bowwwwwlllll" every idiot year.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Similarities of the idiot fans of the two teams are scary too. It's "our year" every year for most ALL brown fans, and sadly it's gotten that way for way too high percentage of Dallas fans too. Dallas fans used to have some guarded optimism at the beginning of every season, emphasis on the word "guarded" because we used to be smart enough to know when the team stinks. Even in the 70s. Now for the most part it's "Super Bowwwwwlllll" every idiot year.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it was just fans, the problem is the damn GM thinks this way too

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it was just fans, the problem is the damn GM thinks this way too
Because he sees that by and large, the fans do. Think about what a near empty AT&T stadium on Cowboys games days would do. Think about what a huge dip in swag sales would do. Think the Philly fans put up with shit for very long? Hate 'em or like 'em, they don't tolerate mediocrity for long and WILL stop coming to the games and stop buying the swag. There's several teams who have fans like this, the way they should be.

Keep rewarding mediocrity and you guarantee the mediocrity will continue.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Because he sees that by and large, the fans do. Think about what a near empty AT&T stadium on Cowboys games days would do. Think about what a huge dip in swag sales would do. Think the Philly fans put up with shit for very long? Hate 'em or like 'em, they don't tolerate mediocrity for long and WILL stop coming to the games and stop buying the swag. There's several teams who have fans like this, the way they should be.

Too late, the dumbass fans backed themselves into a corner by being stupid enough to buy the seat licenses with really long terms. IIRC, they might be 30 year commitments. My dad used to have seats at the old stadium and they came with bonds you had to buy with 20 or 30 year terms but those bonds paid interest, not much but enough to where they could be bought and sold.

At jerri world, he would have had to finance something ridiculous like $100,000 per seat over 20-30 years just for the right/obligation to buy season tickets each year.

My dad and I did the math and determined that if jerri sold all the seats at the price he was asking, he would have the stadium completely paid for plus make like half a billion in the process.

These folks that bought these seats cant even protest by not buying tickets or walk away from the massive fee they financed (without fear of getting sued or killing their credit) for the right to buy these tickets so they've done the unthinkable and committed to buying an expensive product over the next 15-30 years and don't even have any idea what that product will be.

At best, these folks will sell their tickets and the the stadium will be filled with opposing fans.

It doesn't matter to jerris bottom line though, cuz he gets paid either way.

There will be no leverage against jerri in his lifetime

So yes, the fans are dumbasses but its too late for them to do anything to correct their mistake

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So yes, the fans are dumbasses but its too late for them to do anything to correct their mistake
That doesn't put their butts in the seats though. Mass no shows would be ego bruising even more knowing those are paid seats empty.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There will be no leverage against jerri in his lifetime
Maybe not financially, but I'd love to see what a ton of boos for Jerry and his idiot red son would do. It probably won't happen, but this will be the worst -- maybe by far the worst -- season since the Death Star became operational. So there's a chance.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That doesn't put their butts in the seats though. Mass no shows would be ego bruising even more knowing those are paid seats empty.

Hey, Im all for it but it never happens, the seats just get filled with opposing fans. Maybe Dallas will get bad enough to where even opposing fans don't care about seeing their team beat the Cowboys?

Im ready for the luster of that stupid stadium to where off, it kills me that people are stupid enough to give jerri their money to tour a damn stadium

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe not financially, but I'd love to see what a ton of boos for Jerry and his idiot red son would do. It probably won't happen, but this will be the worst -- maybe by far the worst -- season since the Death Star became operational. So there's a chance.

I'd love it, I just don't have any hope left that anything will get through to that a-hole.

One good thing is that when they put jerris mug on the vida board, the boos coming raining down which gives me immense joy that he cant even show his face in the shrine he built for himself without getting booed off the screen.

If the stadium is full of opposing fans, jerri can probably show his face again because I bet opposing fans love him. That deluded dipshit will probably just conclude its Cowboy fans and eat it up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Opposing fans somehow are able to buy prepaid seats? He can sell the same seat twice?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Opposing fans somehow are able to buy prepaid seats? He can sell the same seat twice?

Original seat holders (likely Cowboy fans) sell the tickets instead of going to the games thus allowing opposing fans to buy these prepaid seats.

Few people are willing to protest against the cowboys with their wallet by not trying to recoup their investment

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"The Catch" still hurts to watch all these years later.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate that catch anymore than I do, they show a clip of Jerra saying "The Catch" started what allowed him to buy the team.

Also, it sucks being reminded we were such a annual contender..they mentioned making the playoffs 10 years in a row.... and now we are just this mediocre franchise that treats a single playoff win like a major accomplishment.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

They were talking about how there were 20,000 empty seats because Dallas fans refused to show up to the games when the team was losing.

What the hell happened to those fans?

If that happened now JJ would have no choice but to make changes

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Original seat holders (likely Cowboy fans) sell the tickets instead of going to the games thus allowing opposing fans to buy these prepaid seats.

Few people are willing to protest against the cowboys with their wallet by not trying to recoup their investment
I bet that's a small percentage of seats. The vast majority of them are occupied by the moron who bought it. That's my point.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I bet that's a small percentage of seats. The vast majority of them are occupied by the moron who bought it. That's my point.

Gotcha, probably true and it sucks, I've always hated the country club atmosphere of cowboy fans, it was even like that under Landry

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And the finger tackle horse collar that brought Pearson down
Without that he was GONE. Pearson had lost a step? Or was it just dumb luck for the defender. But these are the things it took for them to beat Dallas that day, vengeful minded as they were over the 42-10 or something like that, embarrassment the 9ers handed them a few weeks prior.

Top Bottom