NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
@robphillips3: Scheduled WR workouts today: Hakeem Nicks, Austin Pettis, Nick Toon, and Clyde Gates, who was waived at final roster cuts.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wouldn't hate any of those.

Nicks fell off but was once an up and coming star.

Pettis has made the rounds.

I liked Toon out of Wisconsin.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Any one of those guys would be a good placeholder.
Be sweet if Nicks wanted to show the world he was really the guy we saw pre-2012.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video]https://youtu.be/JZI-3kTAwGg[/video]

thy will be done

Reaction score
I always though Nicks had a similar skill set as Dez. Guy could never stay healthy.

They may be preparing for Dez to be out awhile, not this 4 week stuff.

Reaction score
I don't get it. The TEs are the possession roles. The speed of Dunbar and Beasley breathed life into the offense. Need speed. Nicks is not speed.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Looks like we signed Brice Butler. Was at USC 4 years then did the senior transfer thingie to San Diego State. 2013 7th round pick by Raiders. Son of former Falcons DB Bobby Butler. Ran a 4.3 40 at USC.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Nicks is a top 10 WR. We got this.

Not sure if he was ever top 10 but his first three years in the league were pretty comparable to Dez

He was money in 2011 especially in the playoffs when they won the super bowl.

I think all those injuries took their toll but he's only 27

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 3m3 minutes ago

If @Brice_Butler is on the Cowboys' 53-player roster for six games, Dallas will swap its fifth-round pick for the Raiders' sixth in 2016.

That's a little more expensive than I would have liked.

Reaction score
Definitely has the size/speed qualities. Also seen a gif of him on the twitters making a OBJ-like one handed grab, so athleticism is definitely there.

But kinda have to wonder why Oakland would be so willing to give him away? Outside of Amari Cooper, are they loaded at receiver??

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
this team is fucking reckless when it comes to pissing away picks. just sign a veteran free agent and live with it.

Reaction score

If @Brice_Butler is on the Cowboys' 53-player roster for six games, Dallas will swap its fifth-round pick for the Raiders' sixth in 2016.

Not really. Cowboys 5th rounder will be the 32nd pick. Raiders a high 6th.

Reaction score
We traded a late round pick for a young receiver will all the measureables. I'm cool with that, although it'll make April a little less exciting.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

cant believe all the forum youtube scouts didn't see this coming

Top Bottom