dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably wont amount to much but I guess its decent veteran stop gap.

Definitely isnt someone who could be counted on for 20+ carries per week.

The draft holds our new starting RB

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol

Too funny.

Cowboy fans: DM was run down, never healthy for a full season, blah blah blah.

Enter Darren McFadden.

You can't write this shit any better.

Reaction score
$5.85 million... surely some of it is incentive based. He could be decent behind that OL.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
well, the fans that always wanted McFadden over Felix finally have their wish granted

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe getting away from Oakland will fix him. He was pretty amazing in college.... And at least should need able to take some of those to the house that Murray couldn't.

Afraid those tiny chicken legs won't last just like they didn't in Oakland, though.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It seems clear that the Front Office did not have a real plan coming into this off-season which is inexcusable.

They are either:
arrogant, over-evaluating the current roster
incompetent, misjudging their roster and the dollar-bin free agents they are signing
or simply don't give a f

all 3 are horrible for Cowboy fans and next year's chance of competing.

Reaction score
The signing bonus for McFadden is $200 k. If he gets injured, he can be cut with little risk.

I don't think Steven is depending on him at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It seems clear that the Front Office did not have a real plan coming into this off-season which is inexcusable.

They are either:
incompetent, misjudging their roster and the dollar-bin free agents they are signing
or simply don't give a f

all 3 are horrible for Cowboy fans and next year's chance of competing.

Its disappointing, I was hoping for at least a couple of above average defensive players that could potentially be improvements.

That said, you cant go off year after year complaining about a bad cap situation and overpaying guys and then complain when they've CLEARLY decided to more prudent with their cap situation. Vastly overpaying for other team's free agents almost never works out, and most of the contracts the guys we supposedly liked are pretty steep.

It isnt they didnt have a plan or were arrogant, they apparently decided to adhere to a cap budget regarding specific players and positions and didnt wander from that.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

They are either:
or simply don't give a f
I still think it's the first one. Everyone in the local media has been saying what geniuses Steve and Will and Garrett are for a long time now, and I think they've all bought it. They think they'll just draft more players like Fred and Martin and even Bruce Carter, and boom, we're good. But nobody hits on all their picks, I don't care who they are.

Plus Steve has always given off an extreme arrogant vibe to me. As much as I hated Jerry's crap, Steve might be almost as bad, just in a different way.

I just don't get what is the point of having cap space in the first place if it isn't to acquire good players to win Superbowls. We have maybe two more years of good Romo. You don't get any medals for having good cap situations.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's what so funny about the Zone and dbair right now. They act like after they hand out the MVP trophy and the Super Bowl trophy, they are going to hand out the biggest trophy ever to the team that is most fiscally conservative.

Who the f cares. Win. Get better. Everything else is bullshit.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
That's what so funny about the Zone and dbair right now. They act like after they hand out the MVP trophy and the Super Bowl trophy, they are going to hand out the biggest trophy ever to the team that is most fiscally conservative.

Who the f cares. Win. Get better. Everything else is bullshit.
My problem is that I don't see any move made this offseason as improving the team. It seems like a 12-4 record made Stephen Jones so arrogant that he thinks anybody can do well in Ginger's system. To Hell with the youth movement. This move is a damn joke. I am embarrassed by their stupidity. This signing is taking a step back.

Reaction score
There have been some GREAT players moving around for not very much money. It's not about getting Suh or some overpriced player. There have been good deals out there and Dallas is good enough to attract almost anyone at this point.

Regarding McFadden, part of me think he sucked because he played in Oakland, but they've had success there at his position, so I think he just sucks overall. I hope they're planning on going after Gurley or another impact back. McFadden in particular would be a decent stopgap until Gurley gets completely healthy. I do agree that paying for Murray was not a good idea but I am not sure why we haven't done anything to help our secondary or d line.

Top Bottom