JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
The US and EU got their regime change in Ukraine (for now). The legal government has been overthrown by an armed mob in the streets. As in Egypt, where the military overthrow of the democratically-elected Morsi government was called by US Secretary of State John Kerry, "restoring democracy," US officials are lining up to describe the coup in Ukraine in the most positive terms.

"Over time, this trajectory is a good one," said US National Security Advisor Susan Rice.

US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt, who was caught on tape planning the overthrow of the Ukrainian government with US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, described the fruits of his heretofore successful regime change operation as "thrilling, exhausting, but also inspiring."

The democratically-elected Viktor Yanukovich is ousted -- despite a US/EU-brokered deal -- and his political party is about to be outlawed in a Ukrainian parliament that has tossed aside constitutional procedures and is operating in full revolution mode. In Yanukovich's place has been installed -- contrary to Ukrainian legal procedures -- the former head of the KGB, Oleksandr Turchynov.

But that is not enough for Susan Rice (and her comrade-in-arms, Senator John McCain).

Asked today about the possibility that the Russian military might become involved in restoring the legal government in Ukraine, she warned: "That would be a grave mistake."

Grave mistake? Is Susan Rice threatening US military action against Russia?

She continued, "It's in nobody's interest to see violence return and the situation escalate." This after it was US support for the rebels in Ukraine that started the violence in the first place.

Fellow warmonger Sen. John McCain followed up Rice's warning by stating that a message has been sent to Russian President Putin to butt out: The message has to be sent to him (Putin) that let the Ukrainian people determine their own future...

He added that since we have bought Ukraine it was time to pay the freight:
[W]e need to act immediately to give them (Ukrainians) the economic assistance that they need, based on reforms that are going to be required, as well. So it's going to be tough sledding.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archive...susan-rice-just-threaten-russia-with-war.aspx

Russia Responds to the Kerry and Rice Threats

Russia admits its troops are moving in Crimea...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...invasion-after-Crimea-airports-blockaded.html

REPORT: Commandos seize airports...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/gunmen-crimean-airports-ukraine

Ukraine crisis deepens as Russia scrambles jets...
http://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-crisi...-183824638.html;_ylt=AwrBEiKNhw9TigIAmSTQtDMD

Reaction score
Asked today about the possibility that the Russian military might become involved in restoring the legal government in Ukraine, she warned: "That would be a grave mistake."

Grave mistake? Is Susan Rice threatening US military action against Russia?

She continued, "It's in nobody's interest to see violence return and the situation escalate."

These are the morning announcements. Tryouts for the soccer team are on Friday afternoon. That is of course if our student body president does something about our abysmal soccer field. I have a question. What does Wendy Testaburger actually do? She IS supposed to be the president, right? What is her agenda? She's lying to everyone? Or is she? Let's ask these questions. Today I wanna talk briefly about the state of our school's economy. The bake sale last week was a coplete failure. And in the school- [next day] And besides that, who actually voted for Wendy Testaburger? I know I didn't. And everyone who did is now scratching their heads and goin' "Whoops. Guess I shouldn't have done that." [next day] I'm not in the student council, I'm just a normal kid like all of you. And like all of you, I want to know what has happened ...to my school.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
The author is not the most elegant, I will grant you that. Do you believe we have any right to threaten Russia regarding the Ukraine?

So far all of Obama's foreign policy decisions have been absolute failures. The sooner we get the amateurs out of positions of power, the better.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The sooner everyone realizes politics is like one big pro wrestling show, the better.

Fixed it for you

"Let me tell you something, Russia! You fuck with the Ukraine and you have war with the US, brother!"

Reaction score
Just sit everyone in a large room and have them watch the last 15 minutes of Rocky 4.

Problem solved.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
The author is not the most elegant, I will grant you that. Do you believe we have any right to threaten Russia regarding the Ukraine?

So far all of Obama's foreign policy decisions have been absolute failures. The sooner we get the amateurs out of positions of power, the better.
are you just against Obama going to war for any reason? What of china invades Taiwan? Yea it ain't pretty and we don't want to, but if America is a pussy then the world is going to be in for it. Because Putin is a bad mutha fucka, and the world is filled with them.

I would prefer not to fight over this. But you can't let Russia conquer countries and say nothing because your afraid you might have to fight a country you will kick the shit out of if they get mad at your words.

Shut up, don't say anything, russia might slap us around!!!!

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Certainly Obama is a douche with no previous foreign policy experience and that does factor into my opinion, but I would not be in favor of going to war with Russia over the Ukraine regardless of who is running the show. Of course Obama's horrendous track record should be considered when any major policy decisions are being discussed.

Just like in Libya, Syria, and Egypt, we have no idea who the rebels are and what their true agenda is. Our country seems incapable of learning from previous mistakes. We just repeat them over and over.

America is a pussy country. If you have not noticed, nobody gives a flying fuck what Obama, Kerry and Rice have to say. Russia's response to Kerry was to send a warship to Cuba. Sound familiar?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
It worked on that pesky Soviet Union.

Reagan was a long time ago. Obama has managed to undue all the gains from that era. You notice he has done nothing about Russia's repeated violations of the Arms Treaty. He just sits there like a moron.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
lol what year is this

Russia a threat? Rocky IV? Ridiculous.

Exactly. So why bother with a bunch of idle threats? Lying about what you are going to do just makes us look weaker. Remember Obama's "red line" regarding Syria? He has not done shit.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just sit everyone in a large room and have them watch the last 15 minutes of Rocky 4.

Problem solved.

And if that doesn't work, have them watch Rocky V and then give them a handgun to shoot themselves in the head afterwards.

Reaction score
Exactly. So why bother with a bunch of idle threats? Lying about what you are going to do just makes us look weaker. Remember Obama's "red line" regarding Syria? He has not done shit.

noone is threatening anyone

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

Calling an act a grave mistake is a veiled threat. Rice is prolific at making empty threats.

I think Russia is better at making them over all.

HAVANA (Reuters) - A Russian spy ship slipped into Havana Bay for an unannounced visit during a period of turmoil in Ukraine and displays of military strength elsewhere in the world.

The Viktor Leonov SSV-175, part of the Vishnya class of intelligence ships, quietly entered Cuban waters earlier this week and was docked at a cruise ship terminal on Thursday, its crew casually taking in the view of the old colonial section of the Cuban capital as passers-by gawked.

Link

While the U.S. is wasting time legislating social issues, insuring harsh divisions amongst it's citizens, a pretty rough alliance is forming, between Russia China and Iran, at the least. America can shake it's fist this point, but not much else. Someone is threatening someone for sure.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score

Must suck being wrong all the time.

Obama warns Russia

Delivering a blunt warning to Moscow, President Barack Obama expressed deep concern Friday over reported military activity inside Ukraine by Russia and warned "there will be costs" for any intervention.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-02-28-17-18-37

For some reason Obama is picking the fascist terrorists that enjoy dismembering those they disagree with. He really seems to dislike elected leaders. Must be the community organizer in him.

Top Bottom