Reaction score
Week 17

Win, we win the division and make the playoffs.

Lose, season over.

My excitement level? Non-existant. Literally.

This isn't an act. This isn't schtick. A once rabid fan, who's entire moods hinged on Cowboys outcomes at an almost irrational level is now apathetic and basically indifferent.

No, I indifferent isn't accurate. Because, truthfully, I'm actually rooting for a loss.

Same scenario in 2008, I was so amped for that game and so salty over the outcome that I had to stop watching at halftime and basically hid myself from the family we were visiting over the Holidays for a few hours so I could gather myself a little.

But today? I'm literally rooting for a Cowboys loss. Not just any loss, an embarrassing loss of 2008 levels. 44-10 please.

In order for their to be changes around Dallas - things need to get ugly. About the worst thing that could happen is for us to win and Jason stays around.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm with you. My family expects me to be in such a bad mood after a Cowboys loss but it doesn't really phase me anymore. I expect the worse now and I expect it to be comical. It almost seems unreal how bad our coaching, coaching hires, and personnel moves our now. The Romo injury hurts most because it allows that moron in charge an excuse to bring back Garrett. This defense is historically awful and instead of being pissed about it or makes changes, Jerry says things like "there's no one I trust more than Monte Kiffin".

I'm slowly getting to the point I am with baseball and the Dodgers. I shouldn't care more than the decision makers. If the people who can do something about it don't give a f, why am I pouting, sulking, hiding out, etc. ??

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exact same here, middy. No schtick, no reverse jinx, no act.

I'd love to see Jerry embarrassed in front of what will be a huge national TV audience.... I mean, doesn't the buildup for this game seem even bigger than the last two years? And the sad thing is that even a close loss will probably feel like a win to Jerry's warped 40-year-old brain. So I hope we get crushed and the players borderline quit like they did against the Bears and Saints. I want to see about 100 shots of Jerry looking incredibly uncomfortable in his suite.

At least with Romo out, no one can blame him.

Sad thing is, this team has made me so pessimistic the last couple of years, I'm afraid of a fluky Cowboys win. Which means Jerry and Garrett win, which would suck.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Fake fans. I am actually excited for this.

Kinda like being excited for a NASCAR race knowing there is going to be a gory fiery crash.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Shit. Since Middy never gets what he wants, I guess we're winning tonight.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dude. Garrett is coming back no matter what.

It feels that way but it all depends who has Jerry's ear. He is swayed so easily that he could be thinking about firing Garrett in the morning and then signing him to an extension that evening.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It feels that way but it all depends who has Jerry's ear. He is swayed so easily that he could be thinking about firing Garrett in the morning and then signing him to an extension that evening.

Truth. That's why I think an embarrassment could make a difference, even though I do think right now Jerry would keep him.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is absolutely thread worthy, Mid.

It shows me who the real fans are around here.

I'm wired different than everyone. Said that before. I want us to win every game. I want to add to the division titles. Right now we own the record for division titles. I'd like to extend the lead.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I do not see any evidence Larry Lacewell has a case of the ass with Garrett.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I do not see any evidence Larry Lacewell has a case of the ass with Garrett.

I just love that our chances of putting together a better team come down to what Jerry, Larry, and Barry discuss over scotch.

Reaction score
I literally forgot today was game day. I'm watching Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America on Sunday morning (no NFL shows period), and wishing he could do an episode of NFL Franchise Nightmares at Valley Ranch.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My excitement level is zero as well...usually the week leading up to a game like this, seems to take forever to get through, this week has been the complete opposite. I have zero enthusiasm for this game. I don't think I'll root against this team but I won't give a damn if they get waxed.
A small part of me feels like Orton is going to pull this game out and all the Romo haters are going to have more ammunition. Just seems like nothing goes right for that guy, so why would this?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Put me down for wanting a win. I hate the Eagles. Win or loss nothing will change anyway, so sending the Eagles home would be sweet.

Reaction score
Jbond, you're right nothing will change either way but if we get rolled at least jerry will be miserable and catch hell and drink and hopefully die. I don't ever want him to win his way. My hatred for him exceeds my love for the team. Didn't always feel that way.

Top Bottom