Reaction score
By Calvin Watkins
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4718331/jerry-jones-to-make-more-sideline-trips

During his tenure as owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones became a fixture on the sidelines late in games at old Texas Stadium. Jones curtailed the trips during the Bill Parcells era, though he did talk to Hall of Famer Larry Allen during a game.

But Jones said his sideline trips might start again with Jason Garrett as the head coach.

"I used to spend my time on the sideline and probably need to spend some more down there," Jones said on KRLD-FM Tuesday. "But the bottom line is one of the reasons I'm trying to see and get a feel for is where’s the passion? Where’s the energy? What’s the situation with the team?"

Jones was answering a question about Dez Bryant's passion being labeled as something negative for his sideline outburst during last week's game against the Detroit Lions.

Jones visited the Cowboys' sideline in December 2011 to inform Garrett about quarterback Tony Romo's X-rays after he bruised his hand. Jones was also on the sidelines briefly for a home game earlier this season but he quickly left the field and headed to his suite.

Jones was asked why he hasn't picked up the sideline visits?

"I just have frankly the view that I have at the home games is so good that I really get to see a lot of that," Jones said. "That's there’s, so no reason other than that. It's not really by design and probably before it's through, I’ll be down there more."

The discussion about Jones returning to the sidelines could intensify given Bryant's sideline ordeal. Jones is well-respected and most likely feels he can calm players down with his presence. However, Jones got into a verbal spat with recently cut defensive tackle Jay Ratliff last season when he was encouraging him in his rehab following a game.

Jones' suite elevator lands at the 50-yard line where he can walk straight onto the field. After Jones gets out of his private elevator he can turn and get to the locker room in about a minute, 30 seconds with a brisk walk.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he does that he'll be getting an earful from the fans.

I'm not going to a single game there until this changes. Who in their right minds would support this shit? I guess if you have money to burn it's a cool place to hang out and watch a shitty football team.

I may look into buying season tickets and then selling them online to opposing teams. I think everyone should look into that.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Remember back in the day when everyone thought that, at some point, Jerry was just going to slap on the headset himself?

Feels like we're heading back down that path again.

This team needs to bottom out to impact Jerry's wallet before they'll ever make the changes they need to.

Reaction score
I'd honestly prefer that. No fooling. At least so weave an arc to this team
. Rather than milk mediocrity out of our old core.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just don't understand how Garrett can be so inept with clock management. He played as a backup in the NFL for 20 years. He's probably been around football his entire life. He played under Jimmy Johnson and Tom Coughlin. It makes no sense.

This team is as poorly coached as a Campo team. The difference is we have a lot more talent thanks to Parcells and one or two good drafts after him.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I can't believe that he honestly thinks his presence on the sideline matters.

Also, tell me more how this is Jason Garrett's team??

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I can't believe that he honestly thinks his presence on the sideline matters.

Also, tell me more how this is Jason Garrett's team??

Does any other GM or owner talk to the press more? Why the hell is he talking about injuries?

I want to build a team that is a year in and year out contender. That will never happen with the current organizational structure.

You'd think a guy that can make billions of dollars would be smart enough to realize that.

Step aside, play the Kraft role, hire the right people and cement a spot in the HoF. I have zero respect for him on the football side now.....I'd have some if he realized his limitations and structured his organization accordingly.

Top Bottom