Reaction score
Cowboys' Alex Barron declines comment after three costly holding penalties

Posted at 12:15 AM on Mon., Sep. 13, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

In his first start at right tackle on the Cowboys' offense, Alex Barron experienced his familiar problem with holding penalties.

A year ago, while with St. Louis, Barron tied for the league lead in holds with seven. He had three in the opening-game loss to Washington.

Barron completed the trifecta by grabbing outside linebacker Brian Orakpo on the final play of the game. That offset what would have been a game-tying 13-yard touchdown pass to Roy Williams.

Barron's first holding pushed the Cowboys back to their 36 for the final play of the first half. The next play will live in franchise infamy: a dump pass to Tashard Choice, whose fumble was returned 32 yards by DeAngelo Hall for a touchdown.

Barron's second penalty cost the Cowboys a 12-yard catch by Jason Witten for what would have been a first down at the Washington 32.

Barron declined to comment on his performance, and fellow offensive linemen tried to shoo away reporters. Owner-general manager Jerry Jones said Barron played well, save for the penalties.

``He held his own out there pretty good, but we know (penalties) are part of playing well, too,'' Jones said.

Barron started in place of Marc Colombo, who has been out since mid-August because of knee surgery. Jones said he did not know if Colombo will return to practice this week in advance of the home opener against Houston.

``It's nothing on Alex,'' safety Gerald Sensabaugh said. ``I know he's playing hard. We had a bunch of opportunities on both sides of the ball. You just can't hang the game on Alex.''

C

Cr122

``It's nothing on Alex,'' safety Gerald Sensabaugh said. ``I know he's playing hard. We had a bunch of opportunities on both sides of the ball. You just can't hang the game on Alex.''

Oh, yes we can asshole.

Reaction score
Wasn't it sickening to see seconds after he cost us the game..the punk takes off his helmet and is all smiles and laughter.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just F'ing wow.

He played well? He held his own? Penalties are a part of playing well?

Holy shit. How about making an example out of this bum? Don't hurt Barron's feelings, wouldn't want that now.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Still can't believe what I'm reading this morning.

He. Held. His. Own.

No, he held the Redskins and cost us a win in a game filled with so much stupid, I thought I was watching 'Life goes on'.

C

Cr122

Still can't believecwhat I'm reading this morning.

He. Held. His. Own.

No, he held the Redskins and cost us a win in a game filled with so much stupid, I thought I was watching 'Life goes on'

Alex "Corky" Barron.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Alex Barron.

Holy shit.

Don't worry, Alex baby, you held your own. Penalties are a part of playing well. Now give me a hug.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Barron was fundamentally lazy.

No hand punch at all.

He would wait for the defender to get up close & personal with him and then hold.

If Brewster has the fundamentals down, I'd rather seem him out there even with a lack of experience.

sbk92

Reaction score
Barron is a dog. Talented with no heart or desire.

Any time spent coaching him is time wasted.

C

Cr122

Aren't you the melvin who told us we were set with Barron at RT for the next few years?

Yeah, if you paid attention to all the threads you would of seen where I posted that I was wrong, but hey.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, if you paid attention to all the threads you would of seen where I posted that I was wrong, but hey.

You're also wrong about Brewster and Young.

Feel like admitting that now or do you want to wait until it's painfully obvious?

C

Cr122

Feel like admitting that now or do you want to wait until it's painfully obvious?

I don't give a fuck if I am wrong or not. Blow me.

I know, you know it all, whatever.

C

Cr122

I never said Brewster would be a starter for us?

I simply said he would at least make a solid back up G, try again.

And as far as Young I said the same thing about the right tackle position, I didn't say he would be our starter in the future.

You're just saying that, because I said Barron would replace Colombo at right tackle eventually. Which I already admitted.

That's the difference between you and I , I admit when I am wrong.

Top Bottom