dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
oh no....

:suicide

Jones has high hopes for Livings, Bernadeau if they can have a healthy offseason

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not sound discouraged by the performance of his expensive free agent guards, Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau, last year.

Both spent part of the year slowed by injuries. Livings had a hamstring in training camp, and Bernadeau came into the offseason needing hip surgery and later a knee clean-out.

“I’m looking forward to them having the full offseason, hopefully, without having to be compromised by injury, and then of course, full training camp,” Jones said at the Senior Bowl. “As the season went along and they got clear of some of the injury aspects to them, they played at a level that met my expectations. They did.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...n-have-a-healthy-offseason.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Stupid, ignorant, hillbilly mfer.

seriously get cancer and die already.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm so sick of this guy. Someone needs to put a microphone disguised as a bomb in front of him. I know he would fall for it.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
fast forward to this time next year. Jerry will be telling us that Matt Johnson, Alex Albright, and other random scrubs performed to his expectations. superpunk will tell us we all need to wait and see what happens once recently hired awful assistant coach replaces scapegoat assistant coach from 2013.

we will be drafting around 10th. No chance at playoffs, no chance at Jadeveon Clowney, but #1 in merchandise sales.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I want to believe and maybe it's blind hope that this is all a smokescreen. From this point forward, Jerry has to watch what he says so as not to divulge draft strategy. If he was to say contrary about both Livings and Bernadeau, then the natural next question would be, 'so who are you looking at (assuming Oline) in the draft?

You've all said it yourself, that Jerry often lies. Well let's hope he's doing it in this case.

At wrose people... look: both Livings and Bernadeau are going nowhere. But that doesn't mean we will not go OL in the draft. Keep Livings where he is at, and Bernie at Center, and draft an OG and an RT. You notice nothing was said about Free---that's got to be good, right?, although I don't know the full context of the interview.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have no issue with keeping them on the team, but niether should be handed a starting job after the way they performed this yr, especially Bernadeau

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
fast forward to this time next year. Jerry will be telling us that Matt Johnson, Alex Albright, and other random scrubs performed to his expectations. superpunk will tell us we all need to wait and see what happens once recently hired awful assistant coach replaces scapegoat assistant coach from 2013.

we will be drafting around 10th. No chance at playoffs, no chance at Jadeveon Clowney, but #1 in merchandise sales.

I think Albright did pretty well when playing. I can see him vying for the SAM in this Tampa-2. As for Matt Johnson... doubt he could be any worse than Taylor Mays.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The problem is, is that Mack is suited for Jason Garrett's O, while Livings is suited for a drive-blocking scheme. It's a mish-mash. We definitely could do better at C.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I can see him vying for the SAM in this Tampa-2.

How? He's a defensive end turned 3-4 outside linebacker. In the Tampa 2 a SOLB has to be quick, cover a lot of ground.

doubt he could be any worse than Taylor Mays.
Has to suit (and man) up first.

"Hope" can't be our off-season plan. We need to address weaknesses with better talent and bring in actual competition.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
How? He's a defensive end turned 3-4 outside linebacker. In the Tampa 2 a SOLB has to be quick, cover a lot of ground.

Has to suit (and man) up first.

"Hope" can't be our off-season plan. We need to address weaknesses with better talent and bring in actual competition.

And they found Albright's best fit to be ILB. Just saying.

I don't think I need to tell you about college OLBs and where they fit in the grand scheme of the 3-4. But you know what I'm getting at.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
The Cowboys are terrible at self evaluation. It is the reason they hand out awful contracts, cut guys a year or two too late, get fleeced in every trade and fail to address certain positions.

Sturm nailed it with his fingers in the dam analogy.

They have critical needs along the OL and DL. These needs aren't just at one position, either. They could use a C, G and RT on the OL and a strongside DE and DT on the inside. They need reinforcements at RB and S. They have question marks at SOLB and WR. They haven't shown much of an ability to mine starters out of mid round picks.

Then next year rolls around and you're looking to potentially replace a guy like Austin, continue fixing the OL, get another pass rusher because Ware is aging, etc, etc. It just keeps cycling.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Cowboys are terrible at self evaluation. Pretend General Manager It is the reason they hand out awful contracts, Pretend General Manager cut guys a year or two too late, Puppet Head Coaches get fleeced in every trade Pretend General Manager and fail to address certain positions. Pretend General Manager

but maybe I'm just caught up in titles?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
but maybe I'm just caught up in titles?

Absolutely. Tom Ciskowski is essentially the GM here in Dallas. Ultimately, Garrett has the call......except when they make the decision as a group....which they do.....just like all teams in the NFL.....and, of course, the owner has a say. Do you think he wouldn't? Billion dollar businesses. Do you think Tex Schramm did any scouting? I'm not sure why you are so hung up titles and this is so damn hard to understand.

Top Bottom