Reaction score
I'm putting this loss behind me and focusing on our next opponent.
--------------------

Scoresandodds.com has the game listed as follows:

Dallas -3

Over/Under 41.5

----------------------

49ers WR Michael Crabtree admits foot 'hurt so bad'

X-rays taken on Michael Crabtree's twice-surgically-repaired left foot were negative, the relieved wide receiver said after the game according to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. "It hurt so bad I was concerned," said Crabtree, who was taken out of the game in the second half by coach Jim Harbaugh.

Crabtree had a procedure in July to repair a broken bone in his left foot. After missing the first five weeks of 49ers practices, he returned last week and went through three full sessions. Crabtree did not start in Sunday's win over the Seahawks. But he was in the huddle on the team's second offensive snap and ended up playing 16 snaps.

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm putting this loss behind me and focusing on our next opponent.

I'm onboard with this idea. Now if I could only get obnoxious people to stop asking me "How about them 'boys?"

Dallas should handle San Francisco with relative ease.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm onboard with this idea. Now if I could only get obnoxious people to stop asking me "How about them 'boys?"

Dallas should handle San Francisco with relative ease.

We cannot take anything or any team for granted, not after that epic collapse authored by Romo. WE SHOULD HAVE BEATEN THE JETS.

I think Romo is an adrenaline junkie, as if being the Cowboys' QB is not enough. He seems to like playing on the edge, making the game closer then necessary, or maybe he wants to prove that he is clutch. Evidently, being a frontrunner is not exhilerating enough.

Reaction score
This really shouldn't be a game if they don't turn the ball over-imo....oh and block on punt team!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Truth is, this game isn't all that important except as a confidence builder. These next three games are the important ones. They are conference games and including one division game. The problem is that does this team still plays to the level of its competition? Because if it does, then the results may be the same.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully he'll have no punt returns and several kickoff return opportunities. Take that back, several touchback opportunities.

Reaction score
Niners' national snub might be fuel against the Cowboys

After the San Francisco 49ers dominated the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, 33-17, Niners head coach Jim Harbaugh caught part of a national highlight show. According to CSNBayArea.com's Matt Maiocco, Harbaugh saw a few clips of the Cowboys/Jets game, but he never glimpsed a single highlight of his first-ever NFL win.

But the snub didn't bother the rookie coach. Instead, he plans to use it as motivation for his team's Week 2 match up against the Cowboys.

"Some people can say, 'It's not fair, it's not right,'" Harbaugh told Maiocco. "Do something about it. That's our mindset, that's our approach."

Maiocco said Harbaugh's reaction reminded him of the late Bill Walsh, who coached the 49ers in the '80s. After a 45-14 drubbing of the Cowboys in 1981, the Niners received a similar highlight-show snub, prompting Walsh to point out the lack of respect to his players, according to Maiocco.

San Francisco went on to play the Cowboys for the NFC Championship that same year in a game that would become famous for San Francisco tight end Dwight Clark's scoring grab with less than a minute remaining. The play, now known simply as "The Catch," gave the Niners a 28-27 win. San Francisco went on to win its first-ever Super Bowl.

This Sunday, the Cowboys will square off with the 49ers at Candlestick Park, the same site of the 1981 NFC Championship game.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I play the Niners fan in one fantasy league this week; it's going to make us handling them all that much sweeter...

Reaction score
San Francisco 49ers: Grades
By Cam Inman

MAKING THE GRADE

Pass offense: Alex Smith may have been efficient (90.4 passer rating) and tough (1-yard touchdown plunge), but he tallied only 124 yards on 15-of-20 passing. Positive: He had no turnovers or sacks. Negative: No touchdown passes, despite Michael Crabtree getting wide open in the end zone. Seven completions were for 5 yards or less, including three that lost yardage. Grade: C-

Run offense: The 49ers failed to cross the goal line on four consecutive carries inside the 4-yard line, a fourth-quarter stretch that typified their struggles. Frank Gore (22 carries, 59 yards) couldn't find any room between the tackles. Smith's seven scrambles for 22 yards produced a team-high 3.1 yards-per-carry average. Rookie Kendall Hunter made a backfield block that helped spring Smith on one scramble. Grade: D

Pass defense: Tremendous pressure throughout the 49ers' front seven flustered Seahawks quarterback Tarvaris Jackson. Justin Smith and Parys Haralson each had two sacks, and Ray McDonald had one as part of his breakout game. Jackson got hit eight times and had a desperation pass intercepted by Tramaine Brock just before halftime. Grade: A-

Run defense: The 49ers extended their streak to 23 straight games of not allowing a 100-yard rusher. Marshawn Lynch accounted for 33 of the Seahawks' 64 yards rushing. Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman each had two tackles for losses in their debut as the 49ers'

inside-linebacker tandem. Grade: A

Special teams: Ted Ginn Jr. heroically raced for fourth-quarter touchdowns on a 102-yard kickoff return and 55-yard punt return in a 59-second span. Andy Lee set a 49ers record with a 59.6-yard gross average, and his 54.2 net average was the franchise's best since 1976. Kicker David Akers was 5 for 5 on field goal attempts in his debut. Grade: A

Coaching: Jim Harbaugh enjoyed a successful debut that saw him hug Smith and Ginn after their touchdowns. Although the offensive game plan seemed conservative, that was a frustrating but understandable byproduct of how feeble the Seahawks are. A 1-0 start under Harbaugh stands as a stark contrast to last season's 0-5 beginning under Mike Singletary. Grade: B+

Reaction score
On paper dez and miles should chew them up. Something tells me our D cones out less inspired though and this isn't as comfy as it should be.

23-16

Reaction score
Reading that "Making the Grade" article.. their offense sounds putrid.

I don't see how they'll be able to score on us.

Reaction score
I still hate the fairy niners. "the catch"....Fuck that, few people remember that dallas was driving to a game winning score until they fumbled, i believe in niner territory.

Fuck you San Fagcisco and your fairy niners!

Top Bottom