Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, welcome to the first annual DCU Mock Draft Competition.

This mock draft will consist of the first round only, and trades are allowed.

Participants will be graded on how closely their respective mock draft submission matches the actual NFL Draft.

Here are the rules for those wanting to participate:

1. Users must have a minimum of 25 posts to participate.
  2. Sign up by stating your desire in this thread. A simple "I'm in" will suffice.
  3. Submit your mock draft by 1pm, EST April 28th 2011
  4. You can submit your mock draft in the submission thread located here in the Fantasy Forum.
    If you wish to edit your submission but are unable to, PM myself, Sheik, or CR122.
  5. List the team, player full name, and school
    Example: Dallas Cowboys, AJ Green, Georgia
  6. Trades are allowed*
    You do not need to include trade details, we're only concerned with what team you think will draft where, and who they will draft. In other words, if you think the Broncos are going to trade up to first overall and select Cam Newton, then submit your mock as follows:
    1. (Trade with Carolina) Denver - Cam Newton
    2. (Trade with Denver) Carolina - ...
  7. You can post your mock early, but edit up until the draft deadline.

Scoring is as follows:

• Correct player + correct team = 10 points
  • Correct Player + Pick = 7 points
  • Correct position, but different player + correct team = 5 points
    Example - You say TEAM A picks Dareus, but they take Fairley.
  • Correctly predicted trade between two teams = 15 points.

Prizes are as follows:

1st place - $50 Visa card
2nd place - Cowboys ball cap from ESPNShop.com ($25 max price, not including S&H)
3rd place - A picture of Bob Sacamano's belly button.

PLEASE NOTE - This contest is put in place by the Staff of the DCU. Rules are subject to change, based on feedback from potential players. All feedback will be considered, although rules may or may not be changed. Be sure and check this thread regularly for updates. This is a free contest open to all Cowboys fans, and Bangersandmash - because we know he's a closet Cowboys fan.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
any points if you get the pick and player right but the team is different?

for example, I submit the Cowboys take Julio Jones at 9 but in reality the Cowboys traded the 9th pick to the Rams and they took Julio Jones.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand the scoring. It reads that you get points for picking the right team and position. I think it's supposed to mean the right player and position but the wrong team.

We shouldn't get points for correctly predicting Carolina picks 1st.

I'm in. Though I'm not much of a mock guy.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand the scoring. It reads that you get points for picking the right team and position. I think it's supposed to mean the right player and position but the wrong team.

We shouldn't get points for correctly predicting Carolina picks 1st.

I'm in. Though I'm not much of a mock guy.

I see where it's confusing. It's not so much that You're guessing and getting points for Carolina picking 1st overall.

It's awarding you for guessing player position right. Say team X takes Solder but I had them taking a different tackle. I still get some credit for thinking they are going tackle with their pick.

Does that make any sense?

sbk92

Reaction score
I thought position meant overall draft pick order.

Now it makes sense.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm seriously not a mock guy. I like doing user mocks, but predicting what team takes who never interested me as much as value boards.

I see.

Over the last few years I've become a draft whore. I never really got into it before. It was something I'd let happen and read the boards to see what the consensus was on who we drafted.

Now it's something that I have to watch year around and keep myself updated on. I don't miss a minute of the draft TV coverage. I didn't catch as much of the combine as I would have liked this year, though.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's addicting. My favorite sporting event of the year by a wide margin.

Top Bottom