dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We've got some significant injury issues it appears. Both Maliek Collins and Blake Jarwin have ankle injuries, as does Cole Beasley. Sua Filo may not be able to go this week again either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From PFT:

After a weekend of upsets, Vegas is expecting chalk in the divisional round.

All four home teams are favored in the second round of the playoffs. Various sports books have these point spreads listed:

The Chiefs are 4.5 to 6-point favorites over the Colts.
The Rams are 7-point favorites over the Cowboys.
The Patriots are 4.5-point favorites over the Chargers.
The Saints are 8 to 9-point favorites over the Eagles.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Rams were 5-3 against teams with winning records this year. They scored at least 33 pts in 6 of those 8 games, the exceptions were the two losses in back to back weeks at Chicago (season low 6 pts) and the upset loss to Philly (23 pts)

They only have 4 games this year where they failed to score 30 or more points, and one of those they scored 29.

On the flipside, their defense gave up 30 or more points 7 times, including games where they gave up 45 pts to the Saints and the 51 pts to the Chiefs.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Rams were 5-3 against teams with winning records this year. They scored at least 33 pts in 6 of those 8 games, the exceptions were the two losses in back to back weeks at Chicago (season low 6 pts) and the upset loss to Philly (23 pts)

They only have 4 games this year where they failed to score 30 or more points, and one of those they scored 29.

On the flipside, their defense gave up 30 or more points 7 times, including games where they gave up 45 pts to the Saints and the 51 pts to the Chiefs.

I find your stats to be ominous dbair. We need to score and hope the D can keep it close. But I don't like shootouts with this offense.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Gurley is extremely well rested. Easy to envision him going off on us like Dickerson in '85.

Debbie-Downer.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. You could say the same thing about three other teams that will be playing next weekend.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
1978, Hollywood Henderson ices the shutout conference championship win in style.

[video=youtube;6MnVZ192bOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MnVZ192bOM[/video]
And to think his career would effectively be over less than a year later.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Our game was on FOX, Buck and Aikman did it. The lousy ABC/ESPN crew did the Colts-Texans game.

I think I heard them say Buck/Aikman are doing the Sat night game for us as well.

Shit. Correct. Thanks for the correction.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I find your stats to be ominous dbair. We need to score and hope the D can keep it close. But I don't like shootouts with this offense.

Me either, although if we can score 30+ on NYG we can probably score 30+ on the Rams too.

The other thing that hurts us is they played Seattle twice and scored 69 pts (30+ both times) against them. They play a scheme that is very similar to ours. While I think we have better players than Seattle the scheme itself is similar, and Seattle is not a bad defensive team. The Rams are likely to score a decent amount on us IMO.

Bottom line is, I don't think 24 pts wins this game for us. I think we may have to score 31-35 and that is definitely a big question for us as you note.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Reminder: David Irving sprained his ankle on November 1st.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Me either, although if we can score 30+ on NYG we can probably score 30+ on the Rams too.

The other thing that hurts us is they played Seattle twice and scored 69 pts (30+ both times) against them. They play a scheme that is very similar to ours. While I think we have better players than Seattle the scheme itself is similar, and Seattle is not a bad defensive team. The Rams are likely to score a decent amount on us IMO.

Bottom line is, I don't think 24 pts wins this game for us. I think we may have to score 31-35 and that is definitely a big question for us as you note.

That is what has me concerned

We have only scored 31 points or more 3 times this season. The last time we scored 31 points was back in October.

All three times were against teams with losing records at 5-11, 5-11 and 7-9.

On a positive note- we have only allowed one 30+ point game all season. That was allllllll the way back in week 2 vs the NYG. Which we still ended up beating by 1 point. We are a much different team now than we were back in week 2.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That is what has me concerned

We have only scored 31 points or more 3 times this season. The last time we scored 31 points was back in October.

All three times were against teams with losing records at 5-11, 5-11 and 7-9.

On a positive note- we have only allowed one 30+ point game all season. That was allllllll the way back in week 2 vs the NYG. Which we still ended up beating by 1 point. We are a much different team now than we were back in week 2.

The Giants game that we scored 30+ and gave up 30+ was the last game of the season.

Reaction score

The Cowboys have to win on desire from this point forward. It's all about how bad do you want it from here on out regardless of the opponent.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There's no team left in the playoffs that scares me. We're capable of beating any team out there on our day, but whether we can do it 3 more times on the spin is another matter. This season, with a couple of exceptions, we've played up or down to the level of the opposition. I fully expect us to be in contention going into the 4th quarter on Saturday. Then it's all about who can best hold their nerve.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
These types of games where we just hang on going into the 4th quarter drive me nuts. It makes for exciting football but I'd rather we put the game away when we have the chance. But I guess that's not possible or practical in today's NFL.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There's no team left in the playoffs that scares me. We're capable of beating any team out there on our day, but whether we can do it 3 more times on the spin is another matter. This season, with a couple of exceptions, we've played up or down to the level of the opposition. I fully expect us to be in contention going into the 4th quarter on Saturday. Then it's all about who can best hold their nerve.
The only thing I truly sweat is our special teams. Your real weaknesses get greatly magnified in the divisional round even moreso than the wild card. All that said, it's going to take a towering all-star effort by our defense like the one against the Saints, to pull this one off.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The local news here in L.A. have pretty much written off the Cowboys and are talking about who the Rams are gonna play next.

As are a lot of the fans. Most fans are looking at this game vs the Cowboys as a practice game for their championship game

b689d0f6513ea423e788c10cea87a8d1.jpg

That is just one of the memes that popped up on my feed this morning

I hope our Defense shitstomps these fuckers on Saturday!

And the Rams fans are pissed off because tickets were $140 for next weeks game. Then as soon as it was announced that the Cowboys would be the opponents the ticket prices more than doubled instantly. I just checked this morning and even the shitty seats are starting at $400 plus. That is for top section in the corner of the end zone.

Now the Rams fans are calling on their fellow Rams fans to buy up all the tickets before the Cowboy fans do. They are seriously worried that it will be a 50/50 split between Rams and Cowboy fans (or worse) at the game on Saturday

Decent seats that you would actually want for the game are selling in the $600-$1000+ range

Last edited:
Top Bottom