theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wait, the guy the zone scouts wanted as a top 10 pick a few years ago Chance Warmack, is now a backup scrub on the Egirls? I think Hostile was leading the charge on this guy, poster on the wall and everything.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who has been HC for 7.5 of those 10 years. And who has been GM for all 10 years.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wait, the guy the zone scouts wanted as a top 10 pick a few years ago Chance Warmack, is now a backup scrub on the Egirls? I think Hostile was leading the charge on this guy, poster on the wall and everything.

Not going to lie. I was on the Warmack wagon like most in this messageboard. His draft maste Cooper, starts for us, after washing out several places.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I actually wanted Cooper that draft. Wow. That would have been a bust. Anyone want Darek Carr after the last two games?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yes no question the rest of the league had "book" on him this year that didn't exist last year. When there is a problem it's never just the one thing, it's many-faceted. Very logical.

It's a short book and easy to read. Quite simply, make him beat you. Stack the box to stop Zeke. When we get close to the goal line, the "book" gets shorter. Dak can't throw the fade or back-shoulder. with any consistency or accuracy His greatest weapon near the goal-line is the read-option and Zeke and even that was fcuked up at the 2 yard line.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Except, last year he threw from the pocket, a lot. Very accurate and very sharp. Did he just suddenly forget how?

This is just my opinion but I think he bought into the hype. This idea that he didn't throw picks and was deadly accurate so he didn't take many chances to build on those numbers. He dinked and dunked his way to a 60 plus completion percentage, just like Weeden did when he was here in spot duty but he was pure garbage.

Reaction score
It's a short book and easy to read. Quite simply, make him beat you. Stack the box to stop Zeke. When we get close to the goal line, the "book" gets shorter. Dak can't throw the fade or back-shoulder. with any consistency or accuracy His greatest weapon near the goal-line is the read-option and Zeke and even that was fcuked up at the 2 yard line.

Hard to explain the play calling on that drive. :bsalert Just hand the ball to Elliott and live with that. Made no sense.

Reaction score
This is just my opinion but I think he bought into the hype. This idea that he didn't throw picks and was deadly accurate so he didn't take many chances to build on those numbers. He dinked and dunked his way to a 60 plus completion percentage, just like Weeden did when he was here in spot duty but he was pure garbage.

That was the knock on him coming out of college ball. Average decision making and poor accuracy. Now, with the Cowboy staff can he become better??

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That was the knock on him coming out of college ball. Average decision making and poor accuracy. Now, with the Cowboy staff can he become better??

What he needs to do is take the initiative and hire the best QB guru money can rent, and spend the whole offseason training with him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anyone else wonder if Dak has some kind of shoulder or arm injury we haven't heard about? I don't see how he can make as many great throws as he did last year and one season later make so many "what the hell" ones.

And actually, Dak did go to Florida last offseason and work with one of those gurus. At least we never have to worry about his initiative or work ethic.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anyone else wonder if Dak has some kind of shoulder or arm injury we haven't heard about? I don't see how he can make as many great throws as he did last year and one season later make so many "what the hell" ones.

And actually, Dak did go to Florida last offseason and work with one of those gurus. At least we never have to worry about his initiative or work ethic.

I saw something on him that showed that he’s been to the Mannings QB camps for a number of years as well when he was in HS and College

So at least he seems to always try to better himself. He seems to have the will and drive to do what it takes.

Now he just needs the right QB coach around him to make it happen.

But here in Cowboy land we know that will never happen. Say hello to the next Johnny Manziel/RG3

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like dak was spoon fed what the defense was going to do last year by the best qb coach on the sidelines at the time (romo).

Also his presnap doesnt look the same. He still looks active by communicating presnap, but the results are not the same.

And he is holding the ball for too long. And not seeing his deep receivers when they get open. Or maybe he lost some confidence because twill, dez and beasley are dropping a ton of balls too.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good news, more of the same next year. Jerry said in an interview on the FAN he is only looking at the assistant coaches with expiring contracts to replace. Feel free to write off 2018 at your leisure.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Good news, more of the same next year. Jerry said in an interview on the FAN he is only looking at the assistant coaches with expiring contracts to replace. Feel free to write off 2018 at your leisure.
Speaking of 2018, the Cowboys opponents are now known.

Dallas Cowboys: 2018 opponents set | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

HOME - NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Jacksonville, Tennessee.

AWAY - NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Indianapolis.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Did you like three super bowls? Huh? Did you like three super bowls?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He forgot to add “because it’s the last three you will see in my lifetime”

Top Bottom