Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Shouldn’t we have had a final answer already?

I thought today was the day

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shouldn’t we have had a final answer already?

I thought today was the day

She said she will issue her ruling tonight.

Unconfirmed interwebs tweets say that Zeke is winning.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We should be getting the update soon that we will be trotting out Darren McFadden next game

Mr.Po

Reaction score
He can still get a stay. This was just a denial of a prelim injunction, not the final appeal.

I have completely given up on understanding this whole process. Learning Chinese would be easier to understand than this back and forth affair of will he or won't he play.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have completely given up on understanding this whole process. Learning Chinese would be easier to understand than this back and forth affair of will he or won't he play.

It's climbing the ladder of the court system just like Brady's deal did.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

me too, I'm exhausted watching this ping-pong through the courts

Mr.Po

Reaction score
It's climbing the ladder of the court system just like Brady's deal did.

So only 93 more district courts , 12 court of appeals, Supreme Court , and talking to a partridge in a pear tree and then it's a wrap?

Attachments

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Although I don’t want to loose him for six games I’m ready for this ping pong shit to be over with.

Plus I’d rather he be suspended this season considering we don’t stand a chance in hell in the playoffs with this young defense as opposed to having it take place the first six games of next season when we “should” have a better (or at least more experienced) defense on the field to go with our offense

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Although I don’t want to loose him for six games I’m ready for this ping pong shit to be over with.

Plus I’d rather he be suspended this season considering we don’t stand a chance in hell in the playoffs with this young defense as opposed to having it take place the first six games of next season when we “should” have a better (or at least more experienced) defense on the field to go with our offense
It really doesn't make a fuck when actually, the suspension is served. Really, it doesn't. Not with Ginger as HC.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It really doesn't make a fuck when actually, the suspension is served. Really, it doesn't. Not with Ginger as HC.

Let's start with the obvious which is that many fans had their head up their ass when came to this issue. Logically speaking if Brady served a suspension for conspiring to deflating footballs because legal scholars said he would ultimately lose on appeal, how was Zeke going to avoid it using the same or similar legal maneuvers? Answer is because of poor collective bargaining he wasnt. Now NE being a smart organization with an owner that knows his limitations and when to cut his losses had his star QB serve the suspension during the first four games and get it behind him. The first four games when the team was healthiest and best able to withstand the loss.

OTOH Dallas a dumb organization should have done the same when they realized the defense was the road to nowhere but noooooo. They were smarter than everybody else and the worst part is they probably no worse than 3-4 right with the whole thing in the rear view mirror if they had only lived in reality.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Let's start with the obvious which is that many fans had their head up their ass when came to this issue. Logically speaking if Brady served a suspension for conspiring to deflating footballs because legal scholars said he would ultimately lose on appeal, how was Zeke going to avoid it using the same or similar legal maneuvers? Answer is because of poor collective bargaining he wasnt. Now NE being a smart organization with an owner that knows his limitations and when to cut his losses had his star QB serve the suspension during the first four games and get it behind him. The first four games when the team was healthiest and best able to withstand the loss.

OTOH Dallas a dumb organization should have done the same when they realized the defense was the road to nowhere but noooooo. They were smarter than everybody else and the worst part is they probably no worse than 3-4 right with the whole thing in the rear view mirror if they had only lived in reality.
That's true but the timing is a bit different, and really the deal is that with the CBA, the fucking Commissioner's word is law, Zeke WILL eventually have to serve his suspension just like Brady did. The players wanted Camp Cupcake and some other shit, but what they gave up was giving the Commish absolute power in these matters and the language is unassailable.

Jerry really has no control over these appeals, it's the union that's doing it. Just like they did for Brady, except in that case it was Brady himself (his lawyers) who drove the bus, getting it through the courts faster.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Zeke wouldn’t admit to the charges so he wouldn’t settle allowing the suspension to begin.

He still wants to save his name and reputation. That’s the only reason this shit is still continuing

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's true but the timing is a bit different, and really the deal is that with the CBA, the fucking Commissioner's word is law, Zeke WILL eventually have to serve his suspension just like Brady did. The players wanted Camp Cupcake and some other shit, but what they gave up was giving the Commish absolute power in these matters and the language is unassailable.

Jerry really has no control over these appeals, it's the union that's doing it. Just like they did for Brady, except in that case it was Brady himself (his lawyers) who drove the bus, getting it through the courts faster.

The sad/funny thing is that the players are going bend over and spread them again for the owners when they offer to stop testing for weed. And they will do it willingly.

Top Bottom