NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
This team has enough talent to win it all. I go get one of the guys writing the books instead of the guy reading them.

Reaction score
I'd love that, but it'll never happen. If he stuck by the loser Garret through those 8-8 seasons then that 4-12 shit show, then he'll stick with him for his remaining years. Garrett is here until Jerry dies, at least.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd love that, but it'll never happen. If he stuck by the loser Garret through those 8-8 seasons then that 4-12 shit show, then he'll stick with him for his remaining years. Garrett is here until Jerry dies, at least.

No it wont happen because winning isnt a priority.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This team has enough talent to win it all. I go get one of the guys writing the books instead of the guy reading them.

Not going to happen. You don't fire a coach that just went 13-3. At the end of the day this game came down to lack of talent (or preparation) by the defense. Also some great fucking play by Rodgers. Get Marinelli some talent to work with and we'll be back in his same situation next year.

Reaction score
Not going to happen. You don't fire a coach that just went 13-3.

The Chargers did that just a few years ago in the exact same situation we find ourselves in right now.

If Belicheat was our HC this season it is not out of the question they go 16-0 with a great shot at 19-0.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not going to happen. You don't fire a coach that just went 13-3. At the end of the day this game came down to lack of talent (or preparation) by the defense. Also some great fucking play by Rodgers. Get Marinelli some talent to work with and we'll be back in his same situation next year.

Sorry, but what does acquiring more defensive talent has to do with an idiot taking the best RB in the game and sitting him on the sidelines while your team is in the red zone? The game was lost right there on that play. I called it when it happened.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

You cant be fixated on 13-3. It means nothing if you cant advance in the post season. And if your head coach is always a detriment rather than a beneficial element you make the move.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saban isn't coming to the NFL, no reason to even think about him.

Harbaugh might eventually be talked into it, though I doubt its now.

I think the problem Jerry has is what happened in 1995. He won the Super Bowl with a loaded roster (that somebody else expertly put together), an excellent group of assistants (almost all hired by that same person that made the personnel moves) and a total bonehead for a HC. He probably thinks the same thing can happen again.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You don't fire a coach that just went 13-3.

Jimmy Johnson-1993 went 15-4 & won the Super Bowl, FIRED!

Also, John Fox coached the Broncos to another strong season in 2014; the Broncos finished the regular season 12–4. They earned the AFC's number 2 seed and a first-round playoff bye. Hosting the Indianapolis Colts at home in the Divisional Round, the Broncos were upset 24–13 and were eliminated from the playoffs.

On January 12, 2015, the day after Denver lost in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, Fox and the Broncos mutually agreed to part ways.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sorry, but what does acquiring more defensive talent has to do with an idiot taking the best RB in the game and sitting him on the sidelines while your team is in the red zone? The game was lost right there on that play. I called it when it happened.

And we'd probably be hearing about it from Zeke right now too if he hadn't got his ass handed to him in college for calling out his coach

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry as usual is convinced he is "thisclose" same old shit for two decades. Wildcatter not good at spotting coaching dry holes.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Won't happen, they don't see him as part of the problem.

You just have to hope Stephen and Will McClay see the defense as the issue because otherwise I can see Jerry bringing everyone back (since we were SO CLOSE) and him hoping like hell Jaylon Smith recovers.

Someone mentioned Marinelli..is anyone else a little worried that he didn't prepare for Aaron Rodgers snapping the ball when teams substitute? He's been doing it for a while now. Maybe the team can bring in Gus Bradley as a defensive consultant or basically like a Linehan to counter Garrett.

Reaction score
Saban isn't coming to the NFL, no reason to even think about him.

Harbaugh might eventually be talked into it, though I doubt its now.

I think the problem Jerry has is what happened in 1995. He won the Super Bowl with a loaded roster (that somebody else expertly put together), an excellent group of assistants (almost all hired by that same person that made the personnel moves) and a total bonehead for a HC. He probably thinks the same thing can happen again.

Money talks. Harbaugh would be here tonight if Jerry paid him what he's worth.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The Chargers did that just a few years ago in the exact same situation we find ourselves in right now.

If Belicheat was our HC this season it is not out of the question they go 16-0 with a great shot at 19-0.

So now you want to model this team after the Chargers?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

They lost by 3. Maybe if they had some DL that could actually get Rodgers on the ground and prevent him from making that 30 yard pass to get them in FG position or if they get at least one stop to prevent from going down 21-3 maybe they win this game. Don't get me wrong Garrett is no Vince Lombardi but they still could have won this game if the defense could get a stop early in the game or when they had Green Bay in a 3rd and 20 hole.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson-1993 went 15-4 & won the Super Bowl, FIRED!

Also, John Fox coached the Broncos to another strong season in 2014; the Broncos finished the regular season 12–4. They earned the AFC's number 2 seed and a first-round playoff bye. Hosting the Indianapolis Colts at home in the Divisional Round, the Broncos were upset 24–13 and were eliminated from the playoffs.

On January 12, 2015, the day after Denver lost in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, Fox and the Broncos mutually agreed to part ways.

Jimmy was gone regardless. He baited Jerry in to firing him because he wanted out. Jerry was dumb enough to actually do it. Make no mistake though, Jimmy wanted out and was gone regardless. It's been his M.O. every place he's been (except FOX).

95ShadowACEGuy

Spectator
Reaction score
^^^^ I agree!!!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They lost by 3. Maybe if they had some DL that could actually get Rodgers on the ground and prevent him from making that 30 yard pass to get them in FG position or if they get at least one stop to prevent from going down 21-3 maybe they win this game. Don't get me wrong Garrett is no Vince Lombardi but they still could have won this game if the defense could get a stop early in the game or when they had Green Bay in a 3rd and 20 hole.

Keeping Zeke on the sidelines in the red zone had more to do with the loss than hypothetical linemen. Likely would have gotten a TD instead of settling for a FG. Four points were lewft on the field in that series, that puts us up by 1.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Keeping Zeke on the sidelines in the red zone had more to do with the loss than hypothetical linemen. Likely would have gotten a TD instead of settling for a FG. Four points were lewft on the field in that series, that puts us up by 1.

So are you saying the defense played great and has zero accountability for this loss?

Top Bottom