LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There's a lot of people calling for Suh to be suspended, and calling him all kinds of names and whatnot. And those very same people are hoping that their team lands him in free agency. Funny how that works.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There's a lot of people calling for Suh to be suspended, and calling him all kinds of names and whatnot. And those very same people are hoping that their team lands him in free agency. Funny how that works.

Great player, but he cant be trusted. Especially if gets a lot of guaranteed money.

He doesn't do any team a bit of good if he is constantly in the league's office discussing stupid shit and getting time out in the corner for it.

Reaction score

Like who? Specifically.

Reaction score
Ndamukong Suh has a chance of winning appeal of suspension

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 29, 2014, 5:55 PM EST

It’s not a sure thing that Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will miss Sunday’s playoff game against the Cowboys.

Although winning an appeal of a suspension in the NFL isn’t easy, it isn’t impossible either. Suh will have his appeal heard by former NFL player and assistant coach Ted Cottrell, and Cottrell isn’t just a rubber stamp for suspensions. In 2012, Cottrell overturned a one-game suspension given to Ed Reed for repeated late hits. Cottrell will give Suh a fair hearing.

And a closer look at the NFL’s official statement on Suh’s suspension indicates that Cottrell will consider only the incident on Sunday, when Suh stepped on Aaron Rodgers’s leg, and not any other previous incidents, when determining whether to uphold or overturn the suspension. The league’s statement said nothing at all about Suh’s prior bad acts and focused only on the specific incident with Rodgers.

In other words, to win an appeal Suh wouldn’t have to defend all his prior personal fouls. He would just have to convince Cottrell that he wasn’t intentionally stepping on Rodgers.

And while Suh hasn’t exactly earned the benefit of the doubt over the course of his penalty-plagued career, there are plenty of neutral observers who don’t think Suh was actually attempting to step on Rodgers. Rules experts including former head of officiating Mike Pereira and former NFL official Jim Daopoulos have said they don’t believe Suh was intentionally stepping on Rodgers and don’t believe a suspension is warranted.

Of course, those opinions are far from unanimous. In the letter informing Suh of his suspension, NFL vice president of football operations Merton Hanks wrote that it looked intentional.

“As Rodgers lay on the ground in a defenseless posture, you backed up and stepped on his left leg with your right foot,” Hanks wrote. “You then inexplicably stepped on Rodgers’ left leg again, this time with your left foot. The video then shows that you raised your right foot, applied pressure, and unnecessarily pushed off Rodgers’ unprotected leg with your left foot. Rodgers reacted to your actions by pushing you away with his right hand as he lay on the ground. You did not respond in the manner of someone who had lost his balance and accidentally contacted another player who was lying on the ground.”

The question, then, will be whether Cottrell joins with those like Pereira who believe Suh didn’t intend to step on Rodgers, or whether Cottrell thinks Suh did it intentionally. Cottrell’s decision will have major ramifications for the Lions and Cowboys as they prepare to meet on Sunday.

Reaction score

I remember posting at least one article @ DCFU Forum hoping we drafted him years ago.

So, I admit I was w..wr...wrrr...wrrrroooo.............WRONG! :awkward

Last edited:

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
The appeal process is a joke to be honest. I didn't think it was worth a game suspension to begin with but to suspend him for the game and than unsuspend him makes zero sense

Reaction score
I been watching a few Detroit games, they play dirty. I wouldnt be surprised if a Cowboy player was lost for the season by one of these fuckers.

Suh likes to shoot the gaps, hopefully can use his aggressiveness against him.

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the league has been saying they're not considering his history in the suspension/appeal... How could you not consider his history with this kind of thing?

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the league has been saying they're not considering his history in the suspension/appeal... How could you not consider his history with this kind of thing?

You have to go 32 games without an incident. Its been exactly 32 games for him. He is treated as a first time offender. :/

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
had a feeling that might happen. made more sense to fine him than punish his team.

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. We'll still whip them.
I think that's true. I just hope he doesn't cheapshot someone and alter the course of the playoffs.

I don't get reducing the penalty from a game suspension to 70K, though.

Either Suh intentionally attempted to injure Rodgers or he didn't. It seems to me that by reducing the penalty, the appeal process declared Suh a little bit pregnant.

Top Bottom