JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
On Friday, the United States Department of Agriculture quietly released new statistics related to the food stamps program, officially known as SNAP (the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). The numbers reveal, in 2012, the food stamps program was the biggest it's ever been, with an average of 46,609,072 people on the program every month of last year. 47,791,996 people were on the program in the month of December 2012.

"Amazingly, the federal government says that the more people we have on food stamps, the more it grows the economy. The Department of Agriculture proudly declares: ‘Each $5 in new [food stamp] benefits generates almost twice that amount in economic activity for the community.’ Our government is running food stamp promotions at foreign embassies. One worker was given an award for overcoming ‘mountain pride’ and getting more people to sign up. Where I grew up in Alabama, all honest work, even the hardest, was honored. And pride, self-respect, and a desire to be independent was valued, not a thing to be overcome," said Sessions, who delivered the weekly Republican address.

Sessions also pointed out that cities like Baltimore, which he said have have been "governed by liberal policies for decades," see particularly high numbers of participation in the program.

"Despite this fountain of federal funds, 1 in 3 children still live in poverty in our nation’s capital. Two in three children live in single parent homes. In nearby Baltimore--another city governed by liberal policies for decades--1 in 3 residents are on food stamps and in 1 in 3 youth live in poverty. Americans are committed to helping our sisters and brothers who are struggling, but we are seeing the damaging human consequences of our broken welfare state," said Sessions.

"We spend a trillion dollars each year on federal poverty programs. That’s more than the budget for Social Security or Defense. But poverty seems only to increase. Something is wrong. Compassion demands that we change."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/46609072-people-food-stamps-2012_706745.html

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Fuckin' ridiculous.

The laughable part is that democrats believe that food stamps are a better for the economy than people working and taking care of themselves. Anyone else sick of fat bastards at the grocery store with carts full of crap paying for their shit with my money?

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The laughable part is that democrats believe that food stamps are a better for the economy than people working and taking care of themselves. Anyone else sick of fat bastards at the grocery store with carts full of crap paying for their shit with my money?

Ayuh and most of them have better cars than we do. They eat steak for dinner and we have TV dinners.

Reaction score
There's an epidemic of people on food stamps selling them for below market value so they can get drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. that they can't get with food stamps. Heard of someone who works for the government buying say $100 worth of food stamps for $50, and did it while they were working.

Reaction score
Digiorno? :D

Home made chili or torilla soup. You've got to make it home made up here. I wouldn't feed the chili they make up here to my dog and their torilla soup is about as bland as you can possible get.

I do miss Texas when it comes to Mexican food. (well, TexMex)

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Awesome. In the spirit of President Robin Hoods change, I vote we turn the Sam I Am residence into a local food bank, complete with home made TexMex! (Sounds so good I'm thinking of losing my job and becoming needy)

It'll be an awesome tax write off.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder why?

The number of Americans who live within 125 percent of the federal poverty level is expected to reach an all-time high of 66 million in 2012

poverty-chart.jpg

hurrr-duur obama #poorpeoplestopbeingpoor

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Awesome. In the spirit of President Robin Hoods change, I vote we turn the Sam I Am residence into a local food bank, complete with home made TexMex! (Sounds so good I'm thinking of losing my job and becoming needy)

It'll be an awesome tax write off.

and it will help the economy. Damn working people are fucking everything up. That is the reason the economy has been struggling.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
right it couldn't be that we have record numbers of people on government assistance because the economy was thrown in the shitter, the wealth disparity is bigger than ever and more people than ever before are at or near the poverty line.

Top Bottom