Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I bite the bullet and move Brandon Carr to FS, giving us a higher paid Antrell Rolle there.

Draft Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama to start opposite Claiborne.

Re-sign Anthony Spencer.

Sign Henry Melton in free agency.

Draft Datone Jones, DE, UCLA.

Also somewhere in the draft get another OLB. Maybe steal Devin Taylor of South Carolina late.

Reaction score
To think if Rob Ryan won the argument to draft JJ Watt instead of Tyron Smith. I watched the game today with the Texans and Lions and thought, wow...Ware, Spenser, Rat and Watt rushing the QB. What could have a been. This dude is playing on another level.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
The defense is fine. The issue is all of them are injured.

Seriously, No nose tackle, No starting safety, no inside linebackers.

Lee and Church are IR

Rat and Carter, probably should and will be soon.

Same goes with out offense. The Oline is so bad that I can't believe we've won a game this year.

Reaction score
Id try to fix the defense by fixing the offense so that they can sustain drives and score points.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Someone in this organization needs to learn what to look for regarding offensive lineman. No one has a fucking clue.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
you can't fix everything in one off-season and since the attempt to fix the O Line was an epic fail last year, that remains a need.

*OL - Doug Free has a huge raise coming up and has played his way into getting cut. RT, RG, and C are a need.
*DL - Age is an issue here and we still need a DE who can consistently pressure QB's.
*OLB - Bringing back Spencer will be a costly decision. If he isn't brought back, LOLB may be the the top priority.
*S - Years of neglecting the position and rewarding mediocrity continues to haunt us. Maybe this is the year they address it.
*RB - Felix is a goner and Murray can't stay healthy.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
and we will still have the other 5 million cap penalty this year. Things looking up

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
and we will still have the other 5 million cap penalty this year. Things looking up

Also, several players (Romo, Carr, Free, Austin, Hatcher, Sensabaugh) have pretty big salary increases next year.

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
IMO, a playmaking safety and another pass rusher make the Cowboys an entirely different defensive team (stating the obvious). I'm not often in favor of trading down, but I think unless a player like Richardson or Hankerson falls in our lap, 2013 is a good year to add an extra day two pick.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I said last offseason we couldn't fix it all in one year.

I was hoping these idiots would do half the job and the other half this year.

I'm not sure this team can be fixed in one offseason.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The first thing on your list is to draft another corner? Great idea!

Just fix the O and get a real coach in here and we'll be fine on defense.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I bite the bullet and move Brandon Carr to FS, giving us a higher paid Antrell Rolle there.

Draft Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama to start opposite Claiborne.

Re-sign Anthony Spencer.

Sign Henry Melton in free agency.

Draft Datone Jones, DE, UCLA.

Also somewhere in the draft get another OLB. Maybe steal Devin Taylor of South Carolina late.

Your first move in fixing the defense would be and should be getting rid of Ryan. Period.

The second move would be to switch back to the 4-3. I think that would solve much of our problems right there, and we wouldn't have to have such a defense-heavy draft as you seem to be proposing. I not going to lie and claim I know some of the names you have listed. What rounds are you prposing or think they will be drafted in?

Third. I'm all for re-signing Spencer.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think sbk would go on a killing spree if we took a CB in the 1st.

Hostile ,of course, would sign off on the move as brilliance.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Id try to fix the defense by fixing the offense so that they can sustain drives and score points.

On the TD where Niles Paul was wide open. We sent the house on the blitz and everyone got picked up.

We need 2 more DL and OLBs.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Your first move in fixing the defense would be and should be getting rid of Ryan. Period.

The second move would be to switch back to the 4-3. I think that would solve much of our problems right there, and we wouldn't have to have such a defense-heavy draft as you seem to be proposing. I not going to lie and claim I know some of the names you have listed. What rounds are you prposing or think they will be drafted in?

Third. I'm all for re-signing Spencer.

Miliner is a 1st rounder.

Datone Jones could go as high as the 2nd, probably 3rd.

Devin Taylor would be a 5th rounder.

I don't consider 3 of 6 picks a defensive-heavy draft.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Miliner is a 1st rounder.

Datone Jones could go as high as the 2nd, probably 3rd.

Devin Taylor would be a 5th rounder.

I don't consider 3 of 6 picks a defensive-heavy draft.

If those 3 are of our early picks then yes, it would be defensive-heavy. Sorry man, but we cannot go with another CB in the first. That'd make us like the Detroit Lions with WRs. We need to hit that damn Oline. If we switched back to the 4-3, wqe wouldn't need to draft anymore DEs that early.

And I don't see anywhere, you list a safety. Yeah I get it that Carr would move to FS, but what are the chances of that?

Top Bottom