sbk92

Reaction score
The last time Mel Gibson gave a performance, it was theater of the mind, audio only, and his character was telling his girlfriend he was gonna kill her and bury her in his rose garden.

Gibsons next role was supposed to be in ‘the Hangover 2′, which star Zach Galifianakis was less than happy about, according to New York Magazine. During a podcast for Comedy Death Ray, Zach said…

“But a movie you’re acting in, you don’t have a lot of control — you just show up and vomit your lines out. I’m not the boss. I’m in a deep protest right now with a movie I’m working on, up in arms about something. But I can’t get the guys to [listen] … I’m not making any leeway.”

Update: Zach Galifianakis has made some leeway. Deadline is reporting…

Mel Gibson won’t be appearing in The Hangover Part II. (A statement from director Todd Phillips said): “I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew.”

Deadline goes on to make the excellent point that Mike Tyson was celebrated for his cameo in the first ‘Hangover’, and that animal spent 3 years in jail after he was convicted of rape. The things Mel Gibson said were mean and scary, but isn’t rape worse? And don’t you sort of assume Tyson was saying mean and scary things during the rape, which makes him “just as bad” + “much much worse”? I don’t know what people talk about during rape, but I assume it’s like, “scream and I’ll kill you”, not, “hey remember that scene in ‘Marley and Me’ when the dog jumped in the pool!”

Cythim

Reaction score
He wanted Mel Gibson off the project because it would hurt at the box office.

C

Cr122

Wow, interesting.

I don't get it, why not have Mel Gibson if you had a bum like Tyson in the first movie?

No difference, really.

sbk92

Reaction score
Liam Neeson Replaces Mel Gibson in 'The Hangover 2'

A day after Mel Gibson got fired from 'The Hangover 2,' producers flew in Bradley Cooper's 'A-Team' buddy Liam Neeson to take his place. According to Variety, Neeson got the call and flew to Bangkok on Thursday.

"I just got the call to do a one-day shoot on 'Hangover 2' as a tattooist in Thailand, and that's all I know about it," Neeson told Variety. "I just laughed my leg off when I saw 'The Hangover.' I was shooting in Berlin earlier this year and rented it on the hotel TV."

Director Todd Phillips released a statement on Thursday after Gibson was cut: "I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew," he said.

It's been speculate that Zach Galifianakis may have been the reason Gibson was forced out of the sequel. Speaking on the Comedy Death-Ray podcast last week, Galifianakis said, "A movie you're acting in, you don't have a lot of control -- you just show up and vomit your lines out. I'm not the boss. I'm in a deep protest right now with a movie I'm working on, up in arms about something. But I can't get the guys to [listen] ... I'm not making any leeway."

Pressed for details, the 41-year-old laughmaster wouldn't identify 'The Hangover 2' or Mel Gibson by name, but added: "It has something to do with a movie I'm working on, yeah. I'll tell you about it later. It's very frustrating."

sbk92

Reaction score
Wow, interesting.

I don't get it, why not have Mel Gibson if you had a bum like Tyson in the first movie?

No difference, really.

Probably because Galifianakis was a nobody when they filmed that movie. Now he thinks he's a big star and can throw his weight around judging people.

There was always something about the guy that seemed a little off to me. He's funny. But not half as funny as he thinks he is.

Reaction score
He wanted Mel Gibson off the project because it would hurt at the box office.

Its all about the money and I don't blame him. Mel is already rich forever. Mel's hated right now but give it a few years and everyone will forgive and forget he's a celeb.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

Zack big-timed Mel Gibson. I didn't think he had that type of pull. Hmm.

Plymkr

Reaction score
That is crap.

I would go see the movie just BECAUSE Gibson is in it. I still like the Mel and always will. Fuck the bitches.

Zack is 41 yrs old? Damn, lol I thought that hack was in his 20s, especially with his pussied ways. "Oh, I don't wanna work with a proven actor like Mel". waaa waaa fucking waaaa..

Shit, I don't think I want to see this movie now because of Zack. The prick.

Cythim

Reaction score
I wasn't going to watch it either way. I don't like watching comedy sequels because they use the same jokes with a different storyline. If I wanted to see someone repeat old jokes I'd watch Dane Cook do stand up.

Plymkr

Reaction score
If I wanted to torture someone.

I would make them watch Dane Cook in anything or standup.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow, interesting.

No difference, really.

I bought the documentary "Tyson" a few weeks ago. He's not the horrible person the media has made him out to be. He made if very clear that he did not rape that woman and I believe him. Also, if you go back and watch the fight where he bit Holyfield's ear (twice) you would see all of the intentional headbutts he was repeatedly getting. He just snapped and I can't say I wouldn't have either. He's a very well-spoken and intelligent person who's had a pretty miserable life - some of which he brought on himself, some of which he didn't.

sbk92

Reaction score
I like Tyson a lot. I wouldn't leave him alone with my wife.

lol

So you can protect her, eh?

If I caught Tyson alone with my daughter, I'd tip toe away and make another if need be.

Last edited:

sbk92

Reaction score
I bought the documentary "Tyson" a few weeks ago. He's not the horrible person the media has made him out to be. He made if very clear that he did not rape that woman and I believe him. Also, if you go back and watch the fight where he bit Holyfield's ear (twice) you would see all of the intentional headbutts he was repeatedly getting. He just snapped and I can't say I wouldn't have either. He's a very well-spoken and intelligent person who's had a pretty miserable life - some of which he brought on himself, some of which he didn't.

I saw the documentary too.

There's a lot of truth to what you say but I think it's a little too nice to Tyson. I don't believe he raped anyone but he is a lunatic prone to fits of rage. Intelligent? Hardly. He wouldn't be in the shape he's in now if he was smart.

The Holyfield remark is spot on. He purposely head butted the guy several times and got away with it. I guess since he was always a media darling and Tyson was billed as the anti-christ, nobody wanted to point that out.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

So you can protect her, eh?

If I caught Tyson alone with my daughter, I'd tip toe away and make another if need be.

Not at all. I mean, if we're having drinks with Tyson, I hold my pee until we leave.

If he looks at me and says, "I'm going to put my penis in your wife", my response would be something like, "which hole would you like to fill up tonight, Mr. Tyson?"

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw the documentary too.

There's a lot of truth to what you say but I think it's a little too nice to Tyson. I don't believe he raped anyone but he is a lunatic prone to fits of rage. Intelligent? Hardly. He wouldn't be in the shape he's in now if he was smart.

The Holyfield remark is spot on. He purposely head butted the guy several times and got away with it. I guess since he was always a media darling and Tyson was billed as the anti-christ, nobody wanted to point that out.

The headbutting was total bullshit. Like Tyson said, the man was 4 inches taller than him but was repeatedly lowering his head. At least one of the headbutts staggered him. All of those were much worse than the ear biting IMO.

Holyfield also did it in the first fight, but since he says God a lot in his stupid post fight interviews and is a "Christian" (with 5 or 6 illegitimate kids) he gets a pass for fighting dirty.

Top Bottom