GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just testing the waters...trying to get feel for the general consensus around here..Will our week 17 matchup vs the Giants be a winner takes all game? Or will the Giants have the division wrapped up after week 16?

Lets just leave out any crazy wild card scenarios for the purpose of this thread...This thread is solely in regards to the NFC EAST..

EDIT*** to make this easier for those who dont know the circumstances..The only way week 17 wont be relevant is if Dallas loses to the Eagles AND the Giants win vs the Skins AND Jets..So Dallas MUST lose to philly for week 17 to be irrelevant...

Last edited:

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think thats right, I think if we beat Tampa all we have to do is beat the giants.

I am pretty sure the giants can not split with us and win the division with the same record.

To lazy to look it up.

if we lost to the eagles and beat the giants and both finished 9-7 we would have a split, the same NFC east record and we would have a 7-5 conference record and they would 5-7. I think that puts us in.

Something I find intesting is that in recent years each time the giants have beat us here and taunted us, we have won the rematch.

06 they won and did the jump shot nonsense, 08 they killed us up there without romo and said to bad you should be able to play with a backup because romo wasnt good anyway.....2010 they beat us here and knocked romo out danced and talked shit for the whole next week, then we beat them with kitna.

It's not over yet. They are going to have a miserable time with the jets. If we bet Tampa week 17 will be for all the marbles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it's for all the marbles.

I'm naturally a homer, and I'm over the loss last week. I know we beat Tampa Bay this weekend, and I'm hoping we can beat the Eagles.

But even if we don't, that would just put us at 8-7....

If the Giants win out, they'd be 9-6 going into that week 17 meeting.

First tie-breaker is head to head. If we win in week 17, that puts our head to head at 1-1. Even.

If we lose to the Eagles, but beat the Giants, our division record would be as follows:

Dal - 3-3

If Giants beat Washington, but lose to us, they'd be 3-3 in the division.

Third tie-breaker is won/loss in common games:

Common games include the following - Jets, Redskins (x2), Eagles (x2), 49'ers, Cardinals, Dolphins, Rams, Seahawks, Bills, & Patriots.

Assuming we lose to Eagles, and Giants win out going into week 17... the common games would be:

Cowboys - 7-5
Giants - 7-5

Fourth tie-breaker would be Conference record:

Assuming Cowboys beat TB and lose to PHI, and assuming NYG win out, C.R. going into week 17 would be:

Dal - 6-5
NYG - 5-6

So even if we lose to PHI, and Giants win out.... if we beat them in NY in week 17, we win the division despite identical records, based on the 4th tie breaker.

Reaction score
The Eagles game is frightening...you know they are going to pull out all the stops to keep us out of the playoffs.

One good thing about the way this season could end though...it changes the way we view the team and sends them into the first round of the playoffs on a major high.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Eagles game is frightening...you know they are going to pull out all the stops to keep us out of the playoffs.

One good thing about the way this season could end though...it changes the way we view the team and sends them into the first round of the playoffs on a major high.

Yep

We are a horrible matchup for the eagles.

If we beat them here it will be a huge emotional lift. But man they are not a good matchup for us.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Theebs, beating the Bucs (as Hos likes to call them, I've never heard of that Nickname before) and the Giants and the Giants win the next 2, the giants win the division. Same record, same division record, third tiebreaker is common games. Giants would win that by 1 game.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You did your common games wrong midy..Giants have more wins

Dallas

Jets - Loss
9ers - win
cards - loss
fins - win
hawks - win
pats - loss
bills - win
rams - win

giants

jets - wins
9ers - loss
cards - win
fins - win
hawks- loss
pats - win
bills - win
rams - win

Giants 6-2
boys 5-3

Not sure if common games includes division games or not...but even if it does..Giants still win

Last edited:
Reaction score
Theebs, beating the Bucs (as Hos likes to call them, I've never heard of that Nickname before) and the Giants and the Giants win the next 2, the giants win the division. Same record, same division record, third tiebreaker is common games. Giants would win that by 1 game.

You've never heard Tampa called the Bucs? I hate the douche as much as anyone, but that is a pretty common term for them.

Reaction score
Wait, so the only way we can win the division is to win out, AND hope the Giants lose to either Washington or the Jets?

I'm so confused now.

Damn you, Glorydays...

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wait, so the only way we can win the division is to win out, AND hope the Giants lose to either Washington or the Jets?

I'm so confused now.

Damn you, Glorydays...

DAMN ME because you had it all figured out incorrectly!!!!!!! AHHHHGGG, the pain

no, we need to beat Philly AND NYG

or

Beat TB and NYG And have NY lose to either Was or NYJ..

those are the 2 most likely scenarios for us

Winning out also does the trick...so 3 most likely scenarios for us

Reaction score
DAMN ME because you had it all figured out incorrectly!!!!!!! AHHHHGGG, the pain

no, we need to beat Philly AND NYG

or

Beat TB and NYG And have NY lose to either Was or NYJ..

those are the 2 most likely scenarios for us

Winning out also does the trick...so 3 most likely scenarios for us

If we win out, and the Giants only lose to us in week 17... how do we win the division? Wouldn't it still come down to the 3rd tie-breaker?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If we win out, we have a better record than the Giants..cmon man..

EDIT** LMFAO..i posted this prior to seeing your previous post and it works PERFECTLY

EDIT X2*** For some reason everyone thinks the Giants have a better record than us right now! We are both tied right now at 7-6..

Last edited:
Reaction score
If we win out, we have a better record than the Giants..cmon man..

EDIT** LMFAO..i posted this prior to seeing your previous post and it works PERFECTLY

Damn... my bad. I keep thinking the Giants are a game better than us.

Disregard.

:suicide

Top Bottom