C

Cr122

By Richie Whitt, Mon., Aug. 16 2010 @ 11:15AM Comments

​Dez Bryant is out. Martellus Bennett is angry. Marc Colombo is hurt. The Dallas Cowboys aren't scoring.

And even mild-mannered offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is mad.

You worried?

The Cowboys have had 22 offensive possessions without a touchdown in two exhibition games. It's the first time since 1986 they've failed to produce an offensive touchdown in the first two preseason games.

That '86 team finished 7-9, snapping the Cowboys' streak of winning seasons at 20.

This team?

I've heard everything from "Don't worry, it's preseason" to "Red flags everywhere!" about the offense.

I generally don't worry about results in August, but Sunday during afternoon practice in Oxnard, my concern amped up a little after starting right tackle Marc Colombo was carted off with a knee injury and Garrett gathered his first unit for a post-practice ass-chewing.

Colombo will be back in Dallas today for an MRI. He's likely to miss 2-4 weeks after arthroscopic surgery, but be back in time for the September 12 season-opener at Washington. Look for veteran Alex Barron or maybe rookie Sam Young to take Colombo's place in the interim.

As for the healthy players, yuck. Sunday the offense was stalled by four dropped passes by Miles Austin, four pre-snap penalties and a combined three interceptions by quarterbacks Tony Romo and Jon Kitna.

I'm still not worried, much less panicked. But, like you and Garrett, I'd like to see something positive Saturday in San Diego.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's not about the preseason.

It's about the area of the team that failed last year also looking awful so far this year.

This isn't news. Our offensive line hasn't been good enough before this preseason. It's like a shock to the foam fingers. Not to me. We need an entire new set of linemen.

C

Cr122

It's not about the preseason.

It's about the area of the team that failed last year also looking awful so far this year.

This isn't news. Our offensive line hasn't been good enough before this preseason. It's like a shock to the foam fingers. Not to me. We need an entire new set of linemen.

I see the problems with the offensive line, I am just trying to hold out hope that we can score enough points for our defense.

We don't need to be great, just solid. If we don't then it's going to be a long year, with a great defense. Onto next year.

Top Bottom