C

Cr122

Cowboys Training Camp 8.3.10: My Top 10 Observations

By Richie Whitt, Wed., Aug. 4 2010 @ 8:19AM

​10. Regarding Brett Favre's latest, but certainly not last retirement, I think Cowboys' linebacker Bradie James put it best: "Don't care."

9. Tip for autograph seekers at The Alamodome: Get a roster. When Jason Hatcher walks off the field toward the tunnel, "Hey, 97!" isn't going to steer him in your direction. No matter how loud you scream.

8. I don't know if the Cowboys will make it to Super Bowl XLV, but I do know that they have the best personnel in the NFL at quarterback (Tony Romo, Jon Kitna), running back (Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice), tight end (Jason Witten, John Phillips and Martellus Bennett) and defensive end (DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer).

7. Kicker David Buehler is having a good camp. So far he's 22 of 26 in live-action field goals including makes yesterday from 40 and 43 yards.

6. Joined a bunch of Cowboys' staffers for an old-school pub crawl through the streets of San Antoinio Tuesday night. Haven't done that in years. And it showed. Their goal was one drink in 10 bars. I begged out after four.

5. I'll try to snap a photo today of former Cowboys' offensive lineman Nate Newton. Guarantee some of you wouldn't recognize him. Newton has dropped 130 pounds by having a radical surgery that slices away 75 percent of your stomach. In a strange way, he now facially resembles Michael Jordan.

4. Knock on a 2 x 4, haven't yet seen Rowdy. But I did look up yesterday and see Ronald McDonald signing autographs. Swear.

3. While Miles Austin is catching everything thrown his way, Roy Williams continues to struggle. During Tuesday's two-minute drills, Williams had a pass from Romo literally go between his hands and off his facemask for an incompletion in the end zone.

2. Fans crack me up. When Cowboys' receivers catch a 15-yard pass in half-speed drills against no defense, they get an ovation. Actual clapping and even some yelling. Silly. It'd be like cheering for a Ranger smacking a batting-practice double or a Maverick dunking in the layup line.

1. In the two-minute drill, Romo and the first-team offense scored on a touchdown pass to Austin while Kitna's second unit settled for a Buehler field goal and Stephen McGee's third string failed miserably when Cletis Gordon (keep an eye on him) intercepted his pass and took it to the house.

C

Cr122

​10. Regarding Brett Favre's latest, but certainly not last retirement, I think Cowboys' linebacker Bradie James put it best: "Don't care."

lol

Top Bottom