Reaction score
Jonathan Martin goes AWOL. Bullying allegations. Incognito suspended indefinitely. This is one of the craziest non-criminal stories I've heard in the NFL in some time.

I've heard a lot of speculation, but not much in the way of what happened.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I really wanted us to sign Incognito but it appears he's a real prick.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It sounds almost criminal when you read the accounts. It's not much different than how the Mafia works; it's extortion through the threat of harm. It's amazing that some of these people actually forked over their cash.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It sounds almost criminal when you read the accounts. It's not much different than how the Mafia works; it's extortion through the threat of harm. It's amazing that some of these people actually forked over their cash.

Where have you read the accounts? I haven't been able to find any.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You know I haven't even thought to look on the internet. I was going to call my local television station to see if they have any information. So far I haven't been able to find their number in the phonebook.

Espn.com. Is that a good site? Do they have Miami Dolphins news?

Reaction score
From this internet thing you guys are talking about... :confused

Sources told ESPN that one of the significant allegations being reviewed is that Incognito got Martin to contribute $15,000 to help finance a trip to Las Vegas by some teammates last summer, even though Martin preferred not to travel with the group.

Rather than go, Martin simply gave Incognito the $15,000, sources told ESPN, fearing the consequences if he did not hand over the money.

One source said there are other instances of intimidation captured in text messages and at least one demeaning voice mail. In addition, some of the messages were racially charged in nature, according to ESPN and media reports. The alleged racial aspect of the communication was first reported by Fox Sports. Also, Martin's recent reported text communications with Incognito that indicated he did not hold the guard responsible for his absence were sent out of fear of retribution, sources told ESPN.

I don't see how berating me and calling me names would cause me to give you $15,000.00.

Reaction score
Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

...Sources also say Martin received a series of texts that include derogatory terms referring to the female anatomy and sexual orientation.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm going to be really disappointed if there isn't a lot more to this story that we don't know about. Because otherwise, why didn't Martin just make it known to all his teammates that this stuff was being said, beat the shat out of Incognito, and that be the end of it?

Reaction score
I'm going to be really disappointed if there isn't a lot more to this story that we don't know about. Because otherwise, why didn't Martin just make it known to all his teammates that this stuff was being said, beat the shat out of Incognito, and that be the end of it?

Thats what I don't understand. I mean, I know Incognito is a big dude... but isn't Martin pretty good sized dude himself?

Even if he's smaller... fucking stand up for yourself, pussy.

Reaction score
I'm not defending what Incognito did by any means... just sayin... don't be a pussy.

Someone fucks with you, fuck with them back. Take a beating if you have to.

Reaction score
I mean, even assuming he were a pussy -- a tough thing to be as an NFL tackle -- go tattle on him to the front office, or to the league. Why give him $15k?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I suspect it is as simple as the fact that he is a pussy and it's easier now to go cry to the authorities than it is to stand up for yourself. Five or six years ago before bullying became this national issue, I doubt he'd have done this -- or at least if he had, he'd have been laughed at. But the way things are now, this 6-7, 320 lb professional football player is able to act like a 5th grader getting his lunch money taken away by an 8th grader and garner all this sympathy. It's crazy.

That's why I hope there's more to it. Maybe there is. Maybe he really had reason to think Incognito was such a psycho he'd harm his family or something. But I doubt it.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
You are a 300+ pound giant of man in a work place that allows you to whip co-workers asses with the minimum of repercussions and quickly break it up if you lose.

You are a pussy. Part of the way to stop this bullying epidemic is to stop raising pussies.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nah. If he lets everyone know ahead of time, "Look, guys, this guy is saying all this stuff to me, threatening me, and I've let it be known that enough is enough. If he keeps going, I'm going to beat his ass."

No way anyone on the team would suspend him for it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thats what I don't understand. I mean, I know Incognito is a big dude... but isn't Martin pretty good sized dude himself?

Even if he's smaller... fucking stand up for yourself, pussy.

I'm not defending what Incognito did by any means... just sayin... don't be a pussy.

Someone fucks with you, fuck with them back. Take a beating if you have to.

Well Martin is half-white. If he was a full brotha, Incognito would probably have to literally live up to his name.

LOL. First Riley Cooper, and not this pos. I swear you all lost your ever fucking mind since Obama became POTUS.

Top Bottom